Kaskar! I'ma callin you out!

Started by Netrogo, July 10, 2007, 07:28:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Naldru

Many years ago, the American Institute of Chemical Engineers did a study of where chemical engineerinug students in American universities came from.  They found that there was a suprisingly small number of Canadians.  The author wondered if maybe the Canadians had marked themselves as Americans, an idea which I found incredibly ludicrous.  If he had considered asking some Canadians, he would have found out the following.

Canadians had a very easy time getting full scholarships in Canadian universities.  They had a very hard time getting any financial aid in American universities.

Canada has some very good engineering schools that rank up there with the best of the American schools.  The University of Waterloo (sometimes called the MIT of Canada) comes to mind.

Most Canadians live within fifty miles of the United States and have a great deal of exposure to American culture.  Going to the United States to get exposure to American really isn't that big a deal.

Because of these reasons, I would be surprised to see a large number of Canadians in the American schools.  However, the author of the article felt that the only reasonable explanation for Canadians not going to American schools was a fault in the polling procedures.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Boog

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on July 16, 2007, 01:51:00 PM

A guy gets off of a plane after landing in France. He went to the coustoms oficial, who asked, "Are you a foreigner?"
The man replies, "Certainly not! I'm from the good 'ol US of A!"

We're all living in Amerika, Amerika, it's wunderbar...[/rammstein reference]

Zina