Recommend Anime Here

Started by AlucardRose, February 24, 2006, 04:36:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlucardRose

I thought it would be a good idea to recommend some anime for fans of the CV titles or the genre in general, or completely misc titles. The most recent anime I've watched this month are "Haibane Renmei", ".Hack/sign", and "Trinity Blood."  Trinity Blood is great for fans of any vampire stuff, and is unique with its innovative "Cruznik" Nanomachines and other ideas with like a cute anime character, Ester Blanchett.  .Hack/sign is for gamers, its absolutely awesome except for the fact that it does not complete the story behind certain characters like Sora without actually having to buy  or download whole new .hack booklets or series'.  Haibane Renmei is strongly recommended for all anime fans with enough intelligence to understand the plot and the symbolism...and it doesnt really take much anyway.  Very dramatic story, one of my favorites, with a pleasant soundtrack and intro theme.  There has even been stepmania simifiles made from the sound tracks.   ^_^

ilpalazzo

Elfen lied
Hellsing
Cowboy Bebop

olroxshade

Inuyasha......
full metal alchemist.....
and hellsing to

ilpalazzo

Inuyasha got lame after the first half of season two, and FMA really is just a load of poo, but thats just me talking. (Everything i say is right.)

Darkmoon

I recommend you watch something better than Anime. Bleh.

:meh

Helena

What is better than anime? yeesh..with movies you can almost tell what is going to happen, with anime you can't. So its a cartoon big deal.

X-1999
Hellsing
Rurouni Kenshin ...for me
Mirror, mirror, on the wall, whose to say who I really am at all?

olroxshade

DonĀ“t forget Gundam Wing and Naruto

Xuzaf D

The original Gundam continuation is easily hundreds of times better than "Wing." While the original MS Gundam is about the loss of life and the horrible acts of war, Gundam Wing is about how kids killing grown men (because they had gundams and the grown men didn't) gets boring because they totally pizowned everyone.

Darkmoon

I like cartoons just fine. Anime sucks.

Jorge D. Fuentes

Anime doesn't suck.  You suck.
:P

Actually, a lot of it does suck.  Pretty much everything that makes its way to Cartoon Network sucks a lot of ass, save a for a few that are decent (everything that's kinda mainstream ends up sucking, though, like Inuyasha, Naruto, and FMA... nawt good).

olroxshade

olroxshade

Quote from: Joseph on February 28, 2006, 11:36:14 PM
The original Gundam continuation is easily hundreds of times better than "Wing." While the original MS Gundam is about the loss of life and the horrible acts of war, Gundam Wing is about how kids killing grown men (because they had gundams and the grown men didn't) gets boring because they totally pizowned everyone.

well,honestly,I like the season of OZ,and the endless vals,I dislike the season of Amuro ray..............

Helena

Well...the only title I have that went ot CN was Rurouni Kenshin...it was okay, but mostly the anime-manga titles I end up liking are too "gory" or something to be shown on CN, and also another fact, I do not have satelite or cable anymore, so tv in general sucks
Mirror, mirror, on the wall, whose to say who I really am at all?

Darkmoon

I just can't get into the stories no matter what the anime. I thought Vampire Hunter D was decent, but that's really about it.