Question

Started by Destina Faroda, June 25, 2007, 06:10:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Destina Faroda

Is there a site that focuses on fictional (and possibly real-life) "brother and sister" acts?  I don't mean lurid acts, the best and most famous brother acts, as well as those perceived to be brother and sisters.  I mean everything from Abraham and Sarah to the Wonder Twins, with a heavy focus on pop-culture, of course.
Sig coming...whenever...

Ryudo Lee

Would you accept lurid acts?  I know of a really good one...

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

Destina Faroda

Nah, I was thinking along the lines of something more safe for work.

I wonder what started the trend of a brother and sister acting as a combined unit to become a pop-culture staple.  Was it the Wonder Twins?  Northstar and Aurora?
Sig coming...whenever...

AngelSephy

That is actually an interesting thought. I never really stopped to think about it myself, but that does make me wonder now.

oh yes! *glomps* Hi dustina! :mowmeep

Fuyudenki

have you seen the Umbilical Brothers?  They're pretty good, though there aren't any sisters involved.

Amber Williams

Now that I think about it...its a lot harder for me to think of various well-known brother/sister duos where their being brother/sister was a major part of the set.  Most twin-references I can find tend to be same-gender types.

The only thing I can consider, though I cant find any websites at the time...is that many circus acts tend to be family-groups so it is pretty common for a few of the performers to be brother/sister ones.

Destina Faroda

i'm sure we can think of some...

In Sailor Moon, Alan and Ann did make a good "pretend" brother and sister act.

Rex and Cassie from Days of Our Lives were fraternal twins who often acted in tandem.

There's Eireka and and Ephraim from Fire Emblem: the Sacred Stones.

There's Android 17 and 18 from DBZ.

Would Luke and Leia from Star Wars count?  Given that they don't know about their lineage until the end of the trilogy, I don't know.

I'm sure someone can think of some more.
Sig coming...whenever...

Kasarn

Jack and Meg White from The White Stripes. Although, it's a well known secret that they aren't really brother and sister.

Netami

Palom and Porom from Final Fantasy 4.

superluser

Hmmm...

- John and Joan Cusack
- Hansel and Gretel

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Kryptic

Raine and Genis from Tales of Symphonia. Granted, they're quite a ways apart in age, but they're still great together.

I always have 'em in my party.  :3

Paul

rabid_fox

Monica and Ross from 'Friends'.

Ho hum.

Oh dear.

RJ

Quote from: Raist on June 26, 2007, 08:45:33 PM
have you seen the Umbilical Brothers?  They're pretty good, though there aren't any sisters involved.

Umbilical Brothers!!! <3