DMFA Auction Thread

Started by Amber Williams, June 17, 2007, 01:12:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amber Williams

The last thread ended kind of awkward so we're gonna try a fresh start.  (It has been moved into an administration only section until the close of auctions.  After that, it will be placed in the Mine ~ Damaris)

This here be a thread to talk about the auctions going on currently.  Please keep in mind that while talking on the forum, you are ultimately representing it in some way.  So try to be on good behavior.

It would probably be advised to avoid making any deals or re-sell plans until after the strips are actually won.  Not only due to the tacky factor, but also because a lot can happen in a few days...

As I said before, I have no problem with people who intend to make digital backups of the archives they win...and if various winners want to pool together to amass personal digital collections...that is ultimately up to them. 

And finally, to anyone bidding, I give you my thanks...but also would appreciate it much more if the people who are bidding are bidding because owning the archs would bring them happiness.  I'd really hate for this auction to result in drama and bad feelings...it would be somewhat a dark cloud over the entire setting.

That said, at the time this post was made: 2 days and 15 hours to go.

Netrogo

Quote from: Amber Williams on June 17, 2007, 01:12:21 AMNot only due to the tacky factor, but also because a lot can happen in a few days...

*Walks in wearing giant novelty sunglasses and a bright neon green tuxedo*

Hey! I have never done ANYTHING tacky in my life!

In all seriousness though, if I contributed to the dismal end of the last thread I appologize.
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

Amber Williams

Your very existance is the dismal end to all things! D:

Netrogo

*Cries and crawls under a rock*

Netami

This thread is symbolic in many ways.

bill

this thread is the pinnacle of western literature

Prof B Hunnydew

Quote from: Netrogo on June 17, 2007, 03:37:56 PM

Hey It's Elton John under a Rock.... I know he was the crocodile Rock, but...

Seriously, though don't feed the Loonies too much, because they will turn into troll really fast.

PBH

Zedd

Quote from: Prof B Hunnydew on June 17, 2007, 05:58:10 PM
Quote from: Netrogo on June 17, 2007, 03:37:56 PM

Hey It's Elton John under a Rock.... I know he was the crocodile Rock, but...

Seriously, though don't feed the Loonies too much, because they will turn into troll really fast.

PBH
What else can you discuss on forumnite change prof?

GreenReaper

Quote from: Amber Williams on June 17, 2007, 03:34:53 PM

But . . . doesn't that mean he's the end of himself, too? And then he'd just pop out of existence and not be the end of all things. It's a paradox!

Netrogo

Quote from: GreenReaper on June 17, 2007, 08:19:36 PM
Quote from: Amber Williams on June 17, 2007, 03:34:53 PM

But . . . doesn't that mean he's the end of himself, too? And then he'd just pop out of existence and not be the end of all things. It's a paradox!

Wait a sec. If I'm the end of everything, then I'm the end of myself. But if I end myself I'm not the end of everything, which means I don't end myself. Which th... *pop*

Netami

Now that he's dead, I'm taking his glasses.

RJ

Rock?

Needs more cowbell  :U

RobbieThe1st

Quote from: RJ on June 18, 2007, 01:38:05 AM
Rock?

Heres Some cowbell *insert cowbell sounds here*

:P

-Robbie

Pasteris.ttf <- Pasteris is the font used for text in DMFA.

Kamunt

Quote from: RJ on June 18, 2007, 01:38:05 AMRock?

*peeks underneath the rock* Wait a minute....this isn't a rock!....it's a ROCK LOB-STER!.

Gornemant

Netrogo

Zedd

CameronCN

Back to the subject of the auction. I've been doing some bidding, and all I have to say is:
MAN, GreenReaper how much do you have ON these things?!!?!?! :erk

I mean, MORE THAN FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS EACH!?!?!?!?!

I wouldn't have believed it until I saw it.

Tapewolf

Quote from: CameronCN on June 18, 2007, 05:48:54 PM
Back to the subject of the auction. I've been doing some bidding, and all I have to say is:

I mean, MORE THAN FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS EACH!?!?!?!?!
I wouldn't have believed it until I saw it.

This will break your mind then: http://www.furbid.ws/cgi-bin/auction/item.pl?item=13970

I have a decent war chest myself, and I have the luxury of dividing the prices by two since the pound is strong against the dollar, but the only thing that scares me about the auctions is what Secateur might have up his sleeve  :U

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

GreenReaper

That's one answer I can't give you, I'm afraid. :mowtongue

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 18, 2007, 05:53:54 PM
I have a decent war chest myself, and I have the luxury of dividing the prices by two since the pound is strong against the dollar, but the only thing that scares me about the auctions is what Secateur might have up his sleeve  :U

Hmm. That's a point. I do have all those pounds stashed away back home in the UK . . .

CameronCN

IN YOUR FACE!!!! HAHAHAHAHAAA!
YOU ONLY HAD $505 ON IT!!!!
I say this in good humor. >:3

And now I'm the highest bidder on chapters 20-21.
Nobody outbid me, please... :<

BUT, don't worry, I don't intend to break them up. I will preserve them and may even give scans to a preservation project if asked nicely.

GreenReaper

Quote from: CameronCN on June 18, 2007, 06:55:23 PM
BUT, don't worry, I don't intend to break them up. I will preserve them and may even give scans to a preservation project if asked nicely.

Nicely, eh? We'll just see about that . . . *taps a carrot into his paw with a menacing air*

CameronCN

Quote from: GreenReaper on June 18, 2007, 09:28:08 PM
Quote from: CameronCN on June 18, 2007, 06:55:23 PM

Nicely, eh? We'll just see about that . . . *taps a carrot into his paw with a menacing air*

Well, it's mostly a question of time...
But there's no reason I can't do it if I can figure out why my scanner is behaving so strangely...

GreenReaper

Quote from: CameronCN on June 18, 2007, 09:34:40 PM
Well, it's mostly a question of time...
But there's no reason I can't do it if I can figure out why my scanner is behaving so strangely...

Drivers! Nobody wants to write scanner drivers - it's not cool - so they get crappy programmers. That's why they called it Technology Without An Interesting Name.

Aridas

Nah, if you read the article you just linked to, they say it's an unaccepted backronym.

GreenReaper

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on June 18, 2007, 10:40:20 PM
Nah, if you read the article you just linked to, they say it's an unaccepted backronym.

You're not meant to read my links! Arrgh! *gives Aridas a noogie*

Alondro

Quote from: GreenReaper on June 18, 2007, 06:46:40 PM

That's one answer I can't give you, I'm afraid. :mowtongue

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 18, 2007, 05:53:54 PM

Hmm. That's a point. I do have all those pounds stashed away back home in the UK . . .

I've got lots of pounds stashed away in my beer gut!  Hyuk hyuk hyuk!

Uhm... ok... I don't really.  I'm poor an skinny too.   :<  But I couldn't pass the opportunity to make a stupid and useless joke!   :B
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Indilee

Well, I wasn't going to bid on any of them until I saw how high they were getting in later days - and unfortunately I don't have that much cash lying around. XD;;; Good luck to those bidding. :)

GreenReaper

Hmm. Chapter 13 looks like a bargain to me - only $99.99, with the promise of awesome! If only I had one more cent . . .

Secateur

Tapewolf: Nah. I've chosen to be a spectator in this battle. Have fun!