Potter Peculiarity

Started by Alondro, June 11, 2007, 09:22:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill

Buy Season 1 of The Wire. Now.

superluser

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on June 12, 2007, 09:32:30 PMcan you direct me to these quality shows? I haven't seen anything good on TV in ages.

Is Numbers still on?

I haven't watched TV in ages.  The last thing I watched was the Teletubbies, to see if it were still crap.  (and I'm not getting back into that argument unless everybody else wants to.)

There used to be an inordinate amount of crap in the mid to late 90's, but now it's at least a little bit better.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Zina

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on June 12, 2007, 09:32:30 PM
can you direct me to these quality shows? I haven't seen anything good on TV in ages.
What exactly are you looking for? If you're looking for a good kid's show, Avatar has some great animation and writing. I'm also fond on Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy and Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends. I also personally think Metaloclypse is hilarious, but that's just me. I've also been pretty surprised with Storm Hawks. I thought it wasn't bad at all.
I guess it depends on what your tastes are, and what kind of show you're looking for. There is plenty of good stuff on TV, and there's plenty of bad.
Or if you're looking for something that's more like Power Rangers, I have no idea where to help you with there.

Aridas

RJ

Power Rangers is an American translation of a Japanese show. Nuff said.

Oh yeah, four words- HARRY POTTER THEME PARK.

Eibborn

I'd recommend The Venture Brothers, if you're looking for comedy. It's an adult-oriented parody of... well, lots of stuff. Super-heroes / villians, Indiana Jones, Scooby Doo, all of those classic cartoons.

It's really funny. :>
/kicks the internet over

Zina

HOW COULD I HAVE FORGOTTEN VENTURE BROTHERS.
I HAVE FAILED MYSELF AND I HAVE FAILED OTHERS.

Brunhidden

i would like to take the time to point out that the resident evil series is a total ripoff of "Night on Mispec Moor" by Larry Niven, written in 1976.

the only difference is that the means by which the dead are raised is a fungus and not a virus, the fungus making more sense because it feeds on the dead and not the living (a good parasite {virus, bacteria, traditional parasite} does not kill its host for the host is the only thing keeping it alive) and can use ambulatory corpses to spread and reproduce when a virus wouldn't even have a circulatory system to move it around or live cells to use for reproduction.

Nerds For Science Fiction that Makes Sense unite!
we are NFSFMS!
and we need a better acronym!

QuoteAlbert Einstein -
- No amount of experimentation can ever prove me right; a single experiment can prove me wrong.
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

King Of Hearts

Unless Im mistaken, there's a real version of that fungus...

the host animal and the said fungus is the inspiration for the pokemon "parasect..."

Or so I've heard.

superluser

Quote from: Netami on June 13, 2007, 06:00:34 AMDaddy's home.

Ha!  Singing along to Holst's Mars?  That's some übergeek stuff there.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?