Brotherhood of the Machine (OOC) [PG/14] - Open - New players welcome!

Started by Ryudo Lee, June 07, 2007, 02:18:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

techmaster-glitch

Which is why Ryudo is right, someone should probably go with Morgan. I mean, the entire town is supposed to be mind-controlled. For what seems like no reason whatsoever, he has stated that he is going to the law enforcement office, which should also be mind-controlled, and the whole party knows it (or at least they should). Just try and tell me that none of the characters are going to be a little suspicious at that :P

Azlan

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 02, 2007, 03:59:57 PM
Quote from: Azlan on July 02, 2007, 03:00:55 PM
Morgan took this to mean get to work in town.  As for everything else, you do not need to know.  The GM and the other important parties are receiving an PM with the needed specifics. 

It's always fun when the others break your plan because they are ignorant of it.  It happened a lot in the FCRP - made Gareeku really angry.

What you're saying makes sense, but my initial impression was that Morgan was going to betray us all to the Brotherhood.

Think what you wish, but all you know is that Morgan headed into town.  I can't control what you believe.

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on July 02, 2007, 04:06:22 PM
Which is why Ryudo is right, someone should probably go with Morgan. I mean, the entire town is supposed to be mind-controlled. For what seems like no reason whatsoever, he has stated that he is going to the law enforcement office, which should also be mind-controlled, and the whole party knows it (or at least they should). Just try and tell me that none of the characters are going to be a little suspicious at that :P

Incorrect, Morgan said he was going into town... never said where he was going, but that doesn't stop someone from asking.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Kryptic

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on July 02, 2007, 12:47:07 PM
Well then, let's ask Kryptic next time we see her. If she didn't have Baiye turn it off, she can go back and edit it so that Baiye did.

Sorry, it's been a bit.

Well, what I did was have Baiye take her headset off for the conversation - and since it's mic is based in the headset, using jaw/throat vibrations, it's effectively "Turned Off". The really curious part is whether Josh's mic may have been sensitive enough to pick up any of the conversation.

But in order to maintain storyline issues - I'll assume he was snoring too loud.   :3

Gidget, at the time, was occupied with driving and having turned up his internal stereo to play "Who Let the Dogs Out?". So he wasn't listening, though not much stays secret between Baiye and Gidget too long. After all, he's the only one she really feels entirely comfortable with.

Plotholes filled. Anything else?

techmaster-glitch

Yep. Jexx has apologized, and now is trying to rebuild a sembalance of relations with the three (Exo, Josh, and Gidget).

techmaster-glitch

Azlan

"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

techmaster-glitch

Oh, bug off. I had posted something, but I needed to remove it somehow. :<

Catffeinated

Yo, I was thinking of joining, is it always open, or are you all open only on certain days/weeks?

techmaster-glitch

I do believe Ryudo closed the RP partway through the Warehouse scene. Sorry :<

Catffeinated

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on July 02, 2007, 09:25:43 PM
I do believe Ryudo closed the RP partway through the Warehouse scene. Sorry :<

Poo  :C 'A'

*Update*
O well, if you all do open up again, PM me k?

Arcalane

Quote from: Azlan on July 02, 2007, 07:19:48 PM
Quote from: techmaster-glitch on July 02, 2007, 07:05:16 PM

That's the most intelligent post today.  You get a  :bunny

:funnyno

@Cat; If we successfully shake the Brotherhood's control of Northon and free the populace I'm sure there would be plenty of people willing to join the Rebellion's cause if they knew they'd been controlled in such a manner. There may be ample recruitment opportunity during that point, or your character could be a Rebellion agent rescued from the Tower or something. We'll see, 's up to Ryudo really. :B

llearch n'n'daCorna

Drive off and level the town. It's the only way to be sure.

;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Ryudo Lee

I never really closed it to new people.  But yeah, you might want to wait until an appropriate time to jump in.

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

Catffeinated

Noted.
Also, my charicter in "Travels with a Kitsune" is basicly the same, w/ diffrent name, but both of them have a pair of AIs floating about in his head to help him. could I keep the name of at least one of them, because Mars' name is symbolic to his purpose... that and I don't think I could come up with more good names.

Ryudo Lee

Whenever a good time to jump in comes along, just post your character and I'll let you know if you need to change anything.

Also, is anyone planning on going with Morgan?

llearch n'n'daCorna

I could. ;-]

of course, that will play merry hell with Ryudo's RP. ;-]

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ryudo Lee on July 03, 2007, 11:11:19 AM
Also, is anyone planning on going with Morgan?

I would, but it's not an opportune time.  I'm kicking off on the AC journey soon, so Dorcan is liable to become a background character for the time being.  Take care of him, mmkay?  >:3

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Arcalane

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 03, 2007, 11:31:20 AMTake care of him, mmkay?  >:3

Define "take care of him", or something similar to this may happen. :U

Ryudo Lee

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Arcalane on July 03, 2007, 11:53:37 AM

I suspect that that would also fit with Tapewolf's plans. He's an adaptable fellow... :-]

Tapewolf

Quote from: Arcalane on July 03, 2007, 11:53:37 AM
Quote from: Tapewolf on July 03, 2007, 11:31:20 AMTake care of him, mmkay?  >:3

Whatever it was it's blocked from the airport.  I don't have time for a full definition, but let's just say:
* Avoid exposing him to situations that would reveal he's an android (he can admit to having augmentations if necessary)
* Don't do anything to him that you wouldn't want done to your character

Whupps, gotta go

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Arcalane

Pff, they have no taste. It's only Freefall. :<

techmaster-glitch

Paladin, are you saying that Victor actually broke the encryption on the microcomms already without actually scanning them? When Morgan and Baiye couldn't?!? They (particularyly Baiye) have even better equipment than Victor's. They still had to scan the comms to get the channel.

Paladin Sheppard

What do you think he's been doing for the trip? sitting in the back of the van twidling his thumbs? :P

techmaster-glitch

Uh, yeah. It may not be your fault, but your posts have been somewhat scarce. When Jexx was passing out the microcomms back in town, Victor never got any. He couldn't have scanned them after that time if he didn't have any.

Ryudo Lee

Pal's situation is unique, to say the least.  So let's not berate him for being unable to make posts.  During Pal's absences you need to assume that he was given anything that was given to all party members.  When he's not there, he's following you around and keeping quiet unless something is explicitly said otherwise.  So please, don't exclude him because he can't post at times.

techmaster-glitch

My bad.

Thoguh there is still the thing of breaking the encryption. If he actually had the microcomms on him, he wouldn't have had to go through that trouble. All he would have needed to do was scan them and copy the coding, like Baiye and Morgan did. He only would have needed to break the encryption if he didn't have a microcomm, and instead tried to hack into the channel by attempting to intercept the transmissions. Which is obviously quite harder, and unneccessary if you have a micrcomm to scan.

So, what did Victor do exactly?

Paladin Sheppard

....*sigh* Tech please just drop it ok?

Arcalane

Electronic warfare is something most mercs should have experience with, IMO. I suggest we settle it as $plot$ and finish it there. :P

Tech; I also reccommend that you not play other people's characters, even for minor actions. Whilst some may allow it, others find it extremely rude.

techmaster-glitch

I never played for Victor. That's in fact how, to me, he didn't get any microcomms.
But yeah, I'll drop it for ya guys. I just sometimes get really hung up on specific details. It's just the way I am. But I'll try to hold it back, just for you people. :) It's also why, when I'm re-reading the RP, I'll edit an old post if, upon reflection, the slightest detail seems out of place. But that's just me.

"Hey, Jexx do you have some favorite....Din.." the Doc, started to ask Jexx as she saw him run off into the woods...
Umm, prof? I don't recall having Jexx run off into the woods...Unless you're talking about him running after Vic. In which case, he was running back down the road, not into the woods.