Brotherhood of the Machine (OOC) [PG/14] - Open - New players welcome!

Started by Ryudo Lee, June 07, 2007, 02:18:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

techmaster-glitch

No, I know about the computer-controlled vehicles of today. They're imperfect, but getting better. And I quote you on that haw haw haw  :mwaha

Arcalane

Would it count if it was being controlled by an artificial intelligence?  :giggle

Tapewolf

Quote from: Arcalane on June 23, 2007, 06:51:03 PM
Would it count if it was being controlled by an artificial intelligence?  :giggle

Depends if the AI is built-in and fully-integrated.  Dorcan has already several sentient aircraft whom Jakob rescued from another dimension.  Next to that, a vehicle which someone has to get in and operate themselves by moving levers and turning wheels will seem a bit crude.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Ryudo Lee

Self driving cars?  Sure, why not.  I'd seen some information about big rigs who were programmed to drive themselves using sensors in the bumpers and gps recievers.

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on June 22, 2007, 10:01:46 PM
Jexx was standing around watching the proceedings. But when Dorcan (whom Jexx could not stop thinking of as Bizarre-O-Wing) came out of Doctor Sally's office (in an unusually short amount of time) said doctor looked quite shaken, while Dorcan looked fairly normal.
   What the-, Jexx thought. Waaaiiit a sec, a very pretty doctor, a strange guy from another world we know nearly nothing about, wanted his freaking examination in private, and now the Doctor looks like someone just....just... Jexx then narrowed his eyes and stared, hard, straight at Dorcan. I'm not much one for chivalry, but if you threatened or touched her, I will personally rip your wings right off. Because that is just plain wrong. Jexx thought this almost as if he thought Dorcan could actually hear him. What Jexx didn't realize is that Dorcan did. And so did Doctor Sally Joywaves. As these intense thoughts roilled out of Jexx, just for one moment, his markings glowed again...

To PBH, Sally didn't 'hear' Jexx? I put it in my post that she did, because, even though the one-second mental link was between Jexx and Dorcan, I figured that her natural telepathic empathy would allow her to 'overhear' it, especially with the intensity of what was going on. While even though she wasn't in the link, and probably wouldn't have heard precicely what was being thought, I figured she could get the general gist.
I know this has already gotten a little old, but did you ever see any of that, Proff B Hunnydew? In your post a little bit after mine Sally didn't seem to notice. Was that intended, or did you miss it? If it was intended, and you don't want Sally to hear it, I'll go back and edit my post to leave out the Sally overhearing Jexx bit.

Prof B Hunnydew

Sorry NO, but Sallly didn't hear Jexx, she re-acted to her own troubles which is not about Dorcan.  Dorcan was triggered something in her, and also it seem to awaken something in Dorcan.    SO, you can edit your post as you need to.

PBH

techmaster-glitch

Alrighty. No problem.

EDIT: IC post fixed. Everything is in order.

Kryptic

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 25, 2007, 01:09:13 PM
"That's because we are terrorists," said Dorcan with a sly grin.  "At least I'm sure this Brotherhood thinks of us that way.  Whatever.  If you have any better ideas - short of mutilation - I'd be eager to hear them."

Duct Tape. That'll solve it.  >:3

Tapewolf

Quote from: Kryptic on June 25, 2007, 04:40:38 PM
Duct Tape. That'll solve it.  >:3

Now say it again, this time in character.  I would have done  >:3

bill

Soz 'bout being inactive, but I really can't think of much to say at the moment.

We leaving soon?  :B

techmaster-glitch

Yeah, it seems that way. We should be just starting to walk for the door, the last of us finishing our conversations as we walk. at least, I thinks that's what's about to happen.

techmaster-glitch

I just really need to say something, so Kryptic and Boogy can edit their posts. Jexx did not "threaten" Dorcan. Jexx heard someone say they needed a mutiliation (not what was really said, but what Jexx heard) and Jexx offered to 'help' with that.

EDIT: I've edited my post to make what Jexx really meant more clear.

Boog

Yes, but Mister's from a different time period. He wouldn't be used to those sorts of jokes. Yes, sometimes kids of any era will make such jokes, but to him it would look like a threat when coupled with the sound of the weapon powering up.

techmaster-glitch

Kryptic

Baiye's just a wee bit tired of all the testosterone. She's just annoyed at him, it's not because she thinks he's serious or anything - she's just tired of it.

It's a girl thing.  :3

Is there more than one van? I'm confuzzled (again). If there's more than one, who's in what van?

techmaster-glitch

The way Exo was talking, My best guess is three. Which is a good thing, for when we need to split up and set up several 'mobile staging posts'. I would assume that the vans are those kind of all-tricked-out vans with all those communications and stuff to be like command posts or something.

Arcalane

I would likewise go with three. Probably one comms, two passenger.

I will laugh if nobody gets in the same van as Exo. :B

He's perfectly capable of driving, but do try and keep up. :U

bill

Doesn't the van drive itself?  :B

I probably should go to the front van, seeing as there's likely a checkpoint of some sort, and I'm the reason that we're supposed to be up there.

Kryptic

Quote from: Arcalane on June 25, 2007, 09:59:22 PM
I would likewise go with three. Probably one comms, two passenger.

I will laugh if nobody gets in the same van as Exo. :B

He's perfectly capable of driving, but do try and keep up. :U

Baiye's riding with Exo. Yeeehaw!

So as I see it thus far:

Van #1
Morgan?, Mister, Jexx, Doc

Van #2
Exo, Baiye, Gid

Griff didn't specify which (I'd suppose #2 - Exo mentioned he'd be leading, right?), and Dorcan, Josh, and Victor haven't gotten in yet.

That sound right?

bill

Azlan

Morgan is operating van #1, unless someone else wishes to drive.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

techmaster-glitch

Dorcan, Josh, and victor are getting in van #3, right?

Paladin Sheppard

Tapewolf

Perhaps I was a little hasty in committing Dorcan... let's see.  We have three vans according to Arc.
It would seem we have the following layout:

1: Morgan, Mister, Jexx, Sally, Victor
2: Exo, Baiye and Gidget

It would make sense for Josh and Dorcan to be in #2, unless it contains supplies and stuff in which case the third van is going to consist of Josh and Dorcan.

In that case Josh and Dorcan are going to be left all alone in van 3.  Dorcan can't drive, but van 3 is probably going to be following 2 or 1 automatically.

Am I on the right track here?

techmaster-glitch

Hey, I just though of something!
Did anyone think to bring a map of Northon with us? We are probably gonna need it, and Jexx would rather find the best high places on a map rather then have to find them himself.

Tapewolf

Can we just verify who is where?  Obviously it won't matter if Ryudo's intent is to sweep us to the destination, but if anything is going to happen en route, I won't be able to do much with Dorcan until I know who's with him.

Ryudo Lee

You make it sound like I've got something hideously sinister in mind for you guys. :3

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ryudo Lee on June 26, 2007, 02:41:30 PM
You make it sound like I've got something hideously sinister in mind for you guys. :3

One of the missions in Thief had you going to steal things from the Hammerite Church.  Then something happens and the mission is scrapped and replaced with something completely different...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Ryudo Lee on June 26, 2007, 02:41:30 PM

... I'm hoping. *crosses fingers* ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

lucas marcone

*pokes llearch with a stick* bad llearch! "let it alone! fate has give it a second chance. a chance to for get the ignoble truth. we hopes it does well!" one of my fave lines from midival