06/04/07 [#792] Inside Joke

Started by AndersW, June 04, 2007, 12:00:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Netrogo

Quote from: Ralanost on June 05, 2007, 09:58:32 AM
@Netrogo

Having played D&D for 12 years, I expect even magic to follow some rules.  Rules lawyer and anal retentive perfectionist for details. :<

D&D has rules because it's a game, without rules everyone would just overpower everyone else. Real life, and works of fiction, are required to follow none of those rules.

As such fae can do literally whatever they want. They could change the system by which we calculate numbers so that 1 + 1 = tuna fish.
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

Ralanost

Quote from: Netrogo on June 05, 2007, 10:57:31 AM
@Netrogo

Having played D&D for 12 years, I expect even magic to follow some rules.  Rules lawyer and anal retentive perfectionist for details. :<

D&D has rules because it's a game, without rules everyone would just overpower everyone else. Real life, and works of fiction, are required to follow none of those rules.

As such fae can do literally whatever they want. They could change the system by which we calculate numbers so that 1 + 1 = tuna fish.
D: :boom Head a'splode!

Prof B Hunnydew

Quote from: Naldru on June 05, 2007, 10:54:25 AM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on June 05, 2007, 10:01:25 AM
Ralanost:
Yup. It follows rules.

The rule is, "Amber said so" ;-]
I suspect that there is also a rule that Amber can change her mind and therefore change the rules.

Ah no Amber has thoughtout many details so that they make sense.. so no Amber rarely changes her own rules even for magic.  It's just that she is the only one with the rule book... 

The rest can only guess
PBH

superluser

Quote from: Netrogo on June 05, 2007, 09:54:45 AMthe only reason they say it's impossible for non-fae is because you have to BE fae to go there yourself. Odds are if a fae is on their way there grabbing onto them while they transport won't take you with them cuz they didn't want you to go with them.

We have seen both Pip and Dan (well, his hand) in what appears to be Mab's corner of the fae realm.  I do, however, like the idea that you can't enter unless the fae says so.

P.S. Can I just say that I'm glad that Kaskar has removed the : explosion from his sig?

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Netrogo

The getting permission thing makes sense, I just really don't feel there's any specific method to getting others in. Though I wonder what the fae kingdom is like, maybe the true kingdom is designed around the fae's lack of necesities and is just a chaotic magical world.

Illusionist

Zedd

Its offical folks...Amber has fallen out her rocker and lost her sanity..Should bought life alert like the doctor told her to

Manawolf

Quote from: Netrogo on June 05, 2007, 10:57:31 AM
@Netrogo

Well if you want to piss off your fans you could do that, but it's nice to keep some sort of structure, a method to the madness as it were, otherwise what are they going to put in your wiki article?

terrycloth

Quote from: Netrogo on June 05, 2007, 09:54:45 AM
The fae could probably just think 'I want you to be pancakes' and poof YOU WOULD BE PANCAKES! No reason why, you just would be. Hell it'd probably change your whole history, if your pancake self looked in it's photo album all it's pictures from the past would have been replaced with it getting eaten by different people through history. Yes GETTING eaten yet still being here. Why? Because a fae wanted it to be that way, nothing more.

That reminds of a scene from Sandman (or one of the related side-things) where Delirium ran into Satan's girlfriend in disguise, and cursed her that she'd be a creepy half-faced monster in love with the devil, and she and everyone else would remember that she'd always been that way.

She already *was* a creepy half-faced monster in love with the devil, and always had been. At least, as far as the readers had ever known... :B

Netrogo

Quote from: Zedd on June 05, 2007, 04:24:47 PM
Its offical folks...Amber has fallen out her rocker and lost her sanity..Should bought life alert like the doctor told her to

Amber had sanity?

Ryudo Lee

Quote from: Netrogo on June 05, 2007, 05:08:55 PM
Quote from: Zedd on June 05, 2007, 04:24:47 PM

Amber had sanity?

If this is any indication...

... then no.

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

superluser

Quote from: Manawolf on June 05, 2007, 04:37:39 PM
Quote from: Netrogo on June 05, 2007, 10:57:31 AMAs such fae can do literally whatever they want. They could change the system by which we calculate numbers so that 1 + 1 = tuna fish.
Well if you want to piss off your fans you could do that, but it's nice to keep some sort of structure, a method to the madness as it were, otherwise what are they going to put in your wiki article?

Obviously, you've never read Zippy the Pinhead.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Naldru

Quote from: Prof B Hunnydew on June 05, 2007, 12:29:03 PM
Quote from: Naldru on June 05, 2007, 10:54:25 AM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on June 05, 2007, 10:01:25 AM
Ralanost:
Yup. It follows rules.

The rule is, "Amber said so" ;-]
I suspect that there is also a rule that Amber can change her mind and therefore change the rules.

Ah no Amber has thoughtout many details so that they make sense.. so no Amber rarely changes her own rules even for magic.  It's just that she is the only one with the rule book... 

The rest can only guess
PBH
Since Amber is the only one with the rule book, how would anybody know if she changed the rules?  Please note that I said that Amber reserves the right to change the rules and you stated that she rarely changes rules (as opposed to never changing rules).  If she rarely changes the rules, it means that you are stating that she can change the rules and are therefore agreeing with me.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.