06/04/07 [#792] Inside Joke

Started by AndersW, June 04, 2007, 12:00:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan Garou

Well, I'll go call M5 Industries. Maybe they can help Jyrras out. If not, then at the very least he'll get glomped by Kari.

Netrogo

Technically the end of the series was after the movies 'Damon Rising' and 'My Two Bobs'. These were even broken up into episodes and aired on tv as, what is considered to be, the forth season. The whole thing with Enzo happend at the end of the third season not, technically, the end of the series.
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

Caswin

Quote from: Netrogo on June 04, 2007, 02:44:05 PM
Technically the end of the series was after the movies 'Damon Rising' and 'My Two Bobs'. These were even broken up into episodes and aired on tv as, what is considered to be, the forth season. The whole thing with Enzo happend at the end of the third season not, technically, the end of the series.
...much as I might want to think of it that way.

Y'know.  Without one of the worst cliffhangers ever at the end.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Netrogo

Valid, although there were more things written up to be produced. They just never got around to doing them :cry

Caswin

Quote from: Netrogo on June 04, 2007, 03:02:47 PM
Valid, although there were more things written up to be produced. They just never got around to doing them :cry
I want scripts! :O

Also, from the (locked, preventing more accurate quotes) thread for #729:
Quote from: CaswinYup.  Fa'Lina's big.  She'd make a good fighting game boss. *Wink wink nudge nudge to self*
Quote from: KibinNot many video game bosses I know of starts with a musical number, and ends with cookies.

Or was that starts with cookies, and ends with a musical number? Maybe starts with a little pain, then cookies, then dead silence, then more pain, then a musical number?
Quote from: Caswin...you just described End Prog, the third season finale of ReBoot (which took place inside a computer).
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Naldru

I don't remember season three or anything later from Reboot being shown in USA.  I was told the later material was aired in Canada, Great Britain, and presumably other Commonwealth nations, but was not aired in the USA because it was too ** dark **.  However, I think I remember something about some of the material appearing on one of the cable channels that I didn't get.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Aleolus

Jyrras's reaction is understandable.  After all, he doesn't fully understand magic, which fey are entirely.  So, after seeing and experiencing this much magic, he's wanting to go interact with something that he knows and understands, something he can predict, technology.  Then he will put that technology to use to relieve his stress.  It all makes sense, don't you see?

Caswin

Quote from: Naldru on June 04, 2007, 05:48:30 PM** dark **
Er, what exactly does '**   **' signify?  Is it supposed to be like quotation marks?  Anyway,
Quote from: Naldru on June 04, 2007, 05:48:30 PMHowever, I think I remember something about some of the material appearing on one of the cable channels that I didn't get.
It aired on Cartoon Network, which I do get.  Their rules are a little more lax than ABC's.
Yap yap.

Netrogo

Quote from: Naldru on June 04, 2007, 05:48:30 PM
I don't remember season three or anything later from Reboot being shown in USA.  I was told the later material was aired in Canada, Great Britain, and presumably other Commonwealth nations, but was not aired in the USA because it was too ** dark **.  However, I think I remember something about some of the material appearing on one of the cable channels that I didn't get.

Whoo, maple syrup wins again! :mwaha

Naldru

Quote from: Caswin on June 04, 2007, 06:05:52 PM
Quote from: Naldru on June 04, 2007, 05:48:30 PM** dark **
Er, what exactly does '**   **' signify?  Is it supposed to be like quotation marks?  Anyway,
Quote from: Naldru on June 04, 2007, 05:48:30 PMHowever, I think I remember something about some of the material appearing on one of the cable channels that I didn't get.
It aired on Cartoon Network, which I do get.  Their rules are a little more lax than ABC's.
Old habits die hard.  I used to deal with some boards where very strange things happened if you used quotation marks.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Wolf Plushtoy

I don't remember season three or anything later from Reboot being shown in USA.  I was told the later material was aired in Canada, Great Britain, and presumably other Commonwealth nations, but was not aired in the USA because it was too ** dark **. 

It wasn't so much that it was too dark. At the time, ABC had a standing policy of never running a Saturday Morning cartoon for more than 2 seasons, no matter how popular a following it had.

Naldru

Quote from: Wolf Plushtoy on June 04, 2007, 11:10:42 PM
I don't remember season three or anything later from Reboot being shown in USA.  I was told the later material was aired in Canada, Great Britain, and presumably other Commonwealth nations, but was not aired in the USA because it was too ** dark **. 

It wasn't so much that it was too dark. At the time, ABC had a standing policy of never running a Saturday Morning cartoon for more than 2 seasons, no matter how popular a following it had.

That sounds more reasonable.  It also sounds like a stupid idea.  However, considering the actions of the networks, the fact that it sounds like a stupid idea makes it more likely.

Quote from: CaswinYup.  Fa'Lina's big.  She'd make a good fighting game boss. *Wink wink nudge nudge to self*
Quote from: KibinNot many video game bosses I know of starts with a musical number, and ends with cookies.

Or was that starts with cookies, and ends with a musical number? Maybe starts with a little pain, then cookies, then dead silence, then more pain, then a musical number?
You know, that idea would probably fit in well with Kingdom Hearts.  I just had a vision of the Queen of Hearts  from Alice in Wonderland coming on to the screen with a musical number.

Netrogo

Oh god..... I'm gonna have nightmares about that now >.<

llearch n'n'daCorna

Well done, Naldru. Thanks, your cheque will be in the mail...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

kaskar

:mowsad     Poor Jyrras must have a patch to become a fae. That would help him in existing in a fae world ...  :mowsad     
8) Just Hanging Around ...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Do you really think a Fae patch would work, given it was set up by Mab?

I mean... you saw how well his and her Cubi patch worked, didn't you? :-]

kaskar

:mowignore So it had a few Little faults there. Then again, it was a Beta patch, and it was designed to give him other attributes too. ( Tall, Dark, Handsome )  There is no proof that the Beta patch didn't work. It was a case of  ( Tall, Dark, Handsome ) are relative settings that are genetically inherited or built up. Jyrras could have been just a full Kangaroo-Rat  Cubi . He never really tried any Cubi powers he might have got ...

:mowhappy Jyrass has made many things that are far ( fae ? ) fetched. Remember the 'Human' patch for Dan, and the patch that made the head wings go away, ( a patch built into a bracer ) ? Apart from the bad feeling of having the mow patch on, Dan seems to be proof that the patches work IN PRINCIPAL ... Personal body characteristics stay stable. Just, would you say that Dan's mind was stable ?

:mowsad ( I wonder what would happen if Wildy ran amok with a variety of patches   ? )

llearch n'n'daCorna

That would presume he'd built Cubi powers into the patch, and, since even Dan didn't know what Cubi powers he got, that would involve either Mab knowing all about Cubi, and sharing that info with Jyrras, but not her best friend Dan... Or Jyrras having a surprisingly detailed knowledge about Cubi but not telling Dan any of it.

Either seems far-fetched.

kaskar

:mowninja  Far fetched is the perfect buzz word for ( It hasn't happened yet ! ) . How many far fetched things have happened in this story so far ? DMFA is notorious for some far fetched plots. That's what keeps it zany and entertaining.

ShiningShadow

Who knows what will happens next.  I think they will go to Fae's universe and Jyrass and Lorenda will have to talk when things are falling apart every where and Heck is breaking loose.

Or I could be wrong on this.

Regal

Quote from: kaskar on June 05, 2007, 04:29:08 AM
:mowsad     Poor Jyrras must have a patch to become a fae. That would help him in existing in a fae world ...  :mowsad     

He has a Mow patch. Does that count?   :mowcookie

kaskar

:mowhappy Will Miss Mab have any "soul" food ?  :mowhappy

Netrogo

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on June 05, 2007, 05:28:00 AM
That would presume he'd built Cubi powers into the patch, and, since even Dan didn't know what Cubi powers he got, that would involve either Mab knowing all about Cubi, and sharing that info with Jyrras, but not her best friend Dan... Or Jyrras having a surprisingly detailed knowledge about Cubi but not telling Dan any of it.

Either seems far-fetched.

Well the logical answer for this could be rather simple. Perhaps Jyrras actually asked her about them. How often do you think Dan asks anyone, especially Mab, for educational backgrounds and knowledge.

Ralanost

QuoteThe actual kingdom the Fae preside in seems to be on another plane of exhistance itself which makes travel to it impossible to any non-Fae.
How will this be circumvented?  By being in physical contact with a fae while going to their plane, a fae patch or some other means?  Or will walking through the closet in Dan's house be good enough?

Kaskar, love ya buddy, but the mows have gotten out of hand.  I might need to call in a proffesional mow hunter. :gun2

Aridas

yeah. and you already used that damn joke, kaskar.

Netrogo

Quote from: Ralanost on June 05, 2007, 09:37:36 AM
QuoteThe actual kingdom the Fae preside in seems to be on another plane of exhistance itself which makes travel to it impossible to any non-Fae.
How will this be circumvented?  By being in physical contact with a fae while going to their plane, a fae patch or some other means?  Or will walking through the closet in Dan's house be good enough?

Kaskar, love ya buddy, but the mows have gotten out of hand.  I might need to call in a proffesional mow hunter. :gun2

It'll happen through a very strict logical and scientific mens. A fae wants it to happen so it'll happen. 'nuff said.

I wish everyone would quit trying to apply logic to the Fae. It's obvious by every one of Amber's points about them and anything she says that THE FAE DO NOT FIT INTO OUR PUNY HUMAN MEANS OF THINKING AND PHYSICS!

The fae could probably just think 'I want you to be pancakes' and poof YOU WOULD BE PANCAKES! No reason why, you just would be. Hell it'd probably change your whole history, if your pancake self looked in it's photo album all it's pictures from the past would have been replaced with it getting eaten by different people through history. Yes GETTING eaten yet still being here. Why? Because a fae wanted it to be that way, nothing more.

The fae could probably transport you to the fae kingdom a million and one different ways just for fun. They could do the whole contact thing one minute, then do the whole 'alter history so that you were actually born in the fae kingdom and thus were always there' method the next.

the only reason they say it's impossible for non-fae is because you have to BE fae to go there yourself. Odds are if a fae is on their way there grabbing onto them while they transport won't take you with them cuz they didn't want you to go with them.

Ralanost

@Netrogo

Having played D&D for 12 years, I expect even magic to follow some rules.  Rules lawyer and anal retentive perfectionist for details. :<

llearch n'n'daCorna

Ralanost:
Yup. It follows rules.

The rule is, "Amber said so" ;-]

Netrogo

I like that rule Llearch. It's clear and easy to follow. It even comes with a set punishment for violating it involving nails, leather, and a very large woman from Chzechoslovakia.

*Pulls out his tap dancing shoes and does a dance number on the border between pg and pg-13*

Naldru

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on June 05, 2007, 10:01:25 AM
Ralanost:
Yup. It follows rules.

The rule is, "Amber said so" ;-]
I suspect that there is also a rule that Amber can change her mind and therefore change the rules.