Movie Review: Pirates of the Caribbean 3: At World's End (spoilers)

Started by Distracting, May 25, 2007, 02:16:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xuzaf D

...And then ninja mummies will fight on giant cats made by a mighty wizard and they will band together with the Nazis to fight Johnny Depp!

Netrogo

Once upon a time I actually posted here.

Xuzaf D

Wait! I haven't told you about Depp's chocobo mount or how he finds the holy grail in a native American burial ground!

Nikki

The world is gonna end.

XZE ALMOST FELL ASLEEP DURING THE MOVIE!

*shocked gasps ensue*

enough said.

if i must elaborate, i will.

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

GabrielsThoughts

No, the movie was clearly bad, "Georgia Rule" got a D+ rating from most critics and it was by a far margin a better movie. I believe critics in this case are just too afraid to admit the truth,  scared of Disney, or they were paid off with handsome sums of cash.   
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Eibborn

Well, They told me the check's in the mail...
I'd assume the same for everyone else who commented positively.
/kicks the internet over

GabrielsThoughts

if you actually watched Pirates 3 you would find that clearly ran out of ideas and notice  part of the plot was ripped from other movies. ' Sinbad:Legend of the Seven Seas is one obvious movie for comparison'

plot outline:The sailor of legend is framed by the goddess Eris for the theft of the Book of Peace, and must travel to her realm at the end of the world to retrieve it and save the life of his childhood friend Prince Proteus.

I'm not saying all was a direct rip off but if you can spot the source of at least one plot line immediately, it wouldn't take long to find the others there was even a bit that was inspired by One Piece... meaning the movie is not one of Disney's more original works and while it doesn't follow the usual "no one dies in a Disney Sequel" it wasn't as good as the other two pirate movies.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Eibborn

/kicks the internet over

Sunblink

Am I the only one who laughed my ass off when they reached the "This is madness," "This is politics" scene? Not because of the actual joke but because of its similarity to the scene in 300?

Ahahahaha I am such a dork.

The movie was alright for me though. Paled in comparison to the first one, Will and Elizabeth got on my nerves, but the fight scenes and the crew of the Flying Dutchman (especially Moray-Eel dude!) were awesome.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

King Of Hearts

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on June 10, 2007, 09:12:29 PM
Am I the only one who laughed my ass off when they reached the "This is madness," "This is politics" scene? Not because of the actual joke but because of its similarity to the scene in 300?

I actually did shout "THIS IS SPARTA" when I watched it for the second time.

...a few people snickered in the cinema and got the reference.