Sorda The Fallen: Fallen Saviour

Started by Sorda The Fallen, May 24, 2007, 08:56:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sorda The Fallen

First Story here, Please give me helpful criticism so I can get better at writing. Don't flames for no reason please.

Chapter One: Comrades At War.

The man screamed as the long Southern Lands blade ripped through his side. The wielder of the weapon cut another man across the neck with the Southern broadsword, known as a Dao, in his other hand. The swordsman swung around, slicing off the head of the man trying to sneak up behind him with first weapon, a long thin sabre like weapon with a hilt half as long as the blade called a Dha or Daarb. With a grin the swordsman looked at the torn bodies around him. They had been good for fight, he thought, but when we dried up the trade by slaughtering all the caravans, they would have slowed me down.

After going through his former bandit comrades, and taking all that was valuable, Sorda the Fallen walked towards his black horse, Seph. It was only when he had reached the horse did he notice the man astride the massive roan gelding. With a twist Sorda peered into the forest on either side of the dirt round, his long black hair in low ponytail swinging around. Grinning in insanely Sorda turned back to the horseman.

"Well mate, looks like I shoulda killed me lads last night instead a ridin' that whore." He said to horseman, adding, "but since she gave me a special price it was worth it." Shaking his head Sorda ran his tongue alone his chisel-sharpened teeth.

The horse glared down at the insane murderer. "What was that special price, Sorda, the promise that you wouldn't kill her?" he said with a hint of barely concealed anger. "A promise," he continued, "you probably didn't keep!"

Sorda just keep on grinning. "Naw, I paid her a couple coins." Grin growing larger, he said, "of course, since she didn't have a purse or any clothes left, she let me keep my money." Sorda roared with laughter at the look of disgust on the horseman's face.

The horseman let his anger slide, as he knew that to kill with anger in one's heart was the greatest crime in life.

"You will die here, my old comrade, before you can take another being against their will. Where you will go, you will suffer the results of your crimes." The horseman said. "And to think, you where once admired across the land. You will pay in when you enter Pit." The last bit was said with a great sadness in his heart."

Sorda only grinned in response, saying in response. "So you still believe in the Pit, Jih? By your logic, I'll be trapped in the forms of the women I've had my way with, suffering the same treatment for eternity." Sorda laughed again, the mad gleam in his eyes growing as he felt Jinhan's men in the forest waiting for the order. "Well, at least it won't be boring. After all, as you should know, pain can't touch me." With a smirk the Fallen did something that was completely unexpected. He began juggling his Dao and Serrated long sword.

Both blades being over a 30 inches long, this made juggling them over his head made this an amazing feat. Jinhan wasn't impressed. At the climax of his display when, for an instant, both blades were in the air Sorda ripped six throwing knives from his belt. Before the swords at began their descent all six knives where airborne. The six bowmen, three either side, felt the knives ripping through their shoulder on the side they held their bow in. Despite what arm the archers held their weapon in those were the ones hit. How had he known which shoulder to attack and where they were?

Snatching his blades from midair as his knives sped towards their targets, Sorda launched himself to the right hand of the road, bloody intent in his eyes. As Jinhan's men tried to work out what was happening, one was down his a thrust straight through his stomach, another was trying to stem the flow of blood from his neck and a third's eyes were vacant before he realized his head was a metre away from his body.

As his men recovered from the shock and tried to stop the madman from killing them all, Jinhan had leapt from his horse, charging for the forest, long sword in hand. Entering the tree line he ran towards where the blood from Sorda's swords went. Running past a tree, Jinhan ducked down just in time as the Dao swung through where his had had been moments ago. Kneeling, Jinhan slashed upwards. Sorda blocked the attack with his curved Dao long sword, trying to get an under cut with his Dha in his right hand.

Jinhan pushed himself back, spinning his weapon to block the attack, then returned with a riposte. Sorda slapped the blade away with the Dha. Before he could attack again Jinhan the other moved back to put distance between them.

Watching Sorda carefully as they both caught their breath, Jinhan couldn't help but remember back to the days when they had been young mercenaries fighting for their pay and travelling the world.

What happened to you, Sorda? He wonderedly sadly, how did you turn from the kind and charismatic fighter who I grew up with and fought beside in the defence of our home to this insane, blood thirsty maniac who lives only to fight and kill? Were you always like this, but buried it so deeply that even you didn't know it yourself?

With a sigh, Jihan looked into the bloodthirsty eyes of his greatest enemy and his greatest friend. He would kill this monster with his own weapon, he would cleanse Sorda's soul with steel and send him to his torment and, hopefully, his eventual salvation.

Apparently impatient to fight again, Sorda said "Come on Jih, lets go again, or do you need to wait for those other men of yours to help you against me. The old you wouldn't, the old you would be fighting me now." Sorda taunted.

Sucking in a breath then realising slowly, Jihan looked up into Sorda's eyes. "Yes, but the old me let this happen to you. The current me must be end what you are, before you ruin your name further." Lifting his weapon feeling the wind in his short brown hair, feelings the ground beneath him, Jinhan knew that only one of them would live tomorrow. As he gathered his strength to charge, he spoke what he felt in his heart.

"I will cleanse your body of its evil and save you, or I will die. That is the prophesy. Either way. Goodbye, brother-in-arms, I still love you like a brother." With that said, Sorda the Fallen and Jinhan the Protector, Heroes of Southern War and the Dil'gah Pass, charged towards each other, charged to meet death.

End Chapter One.