[DMFA Radio] - Radio Series Project - RoDP work-in-progress Jun 2013

Started by Tapewolf, May 13, 2007, 05:58:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 20, 2008, 07:25:34 PM
Tapewolf, Mystiqe asked me to pass a message:

Ouch.  That'll set us back a bit for the full production of Church, but I'm happy to wait.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Tapewolf

Okay, stocktaking for Queen Mab, we're missing bits for Dan, Abel and Jyrras.

James, when you get a chance, could you look at doing Dan's lines for the Queen Mab arc?
I believe those are: 778, 807-814 846 and 847?  The 807 segment looks like it will be fun to do - I'll have to dig out the smashed melon sounds again  :P

Brun, Abel in 810 is okay, except I just noticed you've initialed SAIA.  We've standardized on 'Siya' (rhymes with 'flyer').  I'll stick with your current recording for now, but when you get the chance....

Tezkat, I'm not sure we have the earlier parts of Jyrras for the QM arc, the strips in the 770-799 range.  Could you look into that?

[Goes back to the Disasters video]

Raffe

Hmmm...who would have an aggressive male voice?
Like a male version of Alexsi or Wildy?
Albanion?(closest I can think of so far except for maybe DP)
Hooray ellipsis!

Lena

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 19, 2008, 08:10:44 PM
Not bad.  I'm not quite sure about your choice of style for Hannah - she may be dead, but I had kind of imagined her having a brighter, more perky and animated voice.
I wasn't sure what to do for Hannah, so I just played around. Mostly thought maybe there would be some character it would be right for. Trying for perky and animated will give me something to do though, which is always good. Mostly just wanted to give some voice options for consideration, in case they're needed.  :mowhappy
I'm stuck using WMM, so I don't think I can help out with the video snow thing. Sorry. :mowsad
BTW, just out of curiosity, what did you think of the other sample I did? Just wondering if it could be useful.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Lena on May 23, 2008, 11:43:05 AM
BTW, just out of curiosity, what did you think of the other sample I did? Just wondering if it could be useful.
The one with the thick accent?  That sounds like it would be good for the phoenix who refused to undress Dan.

Just a reminder - we're about halfway through the poll and we have a three-way tie, which is just shy of the doomsday scenario.  If you haven't voted, then consider doing so... please!

Tapewolf

Looks like Tezkat has won the poll, with three votes.  Most of the others tied at two.

So, Tez... do you want to go with the recordings you've submitted so far?

Tapewolf

Okay.  I thought I had Dan's voice, but I didn't, and I though I had Abel's voice, but Brun's recording stops at 810.

So, I have recorded Abel's lines from strip 811 and set them to a score:
http://dmfa.it-he.org/dmfa/dmfa_811.wav.mp3

James StarRunner

The score is great! I just hope I can find a chance to record with all these screaming kids...

Tapewolf

Quote from: James StarRunner on June 11, 2008, 01:55:04 PM
The score is great! I just hope I can find a chance to record with all these screaming kids...
Thanks.  If you do manage to get a large block of unobstructed recording time, it might be an idea to start on Dan's lines from the current arc too, as I suspect DP will be putting in an appearance soon.  I hope I can still do the voice  :3

Tezkat

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 01, 2008, 04:15:20 PM
Looks like Tezkat has won the poll, with three votes.  Most of the others tied at two.

So, Tez... do you want to go with the recordings you've submitted so far?

Yeah... may as well. I'm unlikely to have the chance to redo them anytime soon. :animesweat

Anyways... here are some lines for the first part of the arc. You should now have both Jyrras and Albanion from 779 to 805.

Jyrras 779-799

Albanion 782-788

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Tapewolf

Tezkat

Nice. :mowcookie

By the way, what's up with all that hiss (especially in the beginning)? I'm pretty sure it's not from my clips... :B

And what's next on the list for stuffs you need from me?

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Tapewolf

Quote from: Tezkat on June 11, 2008, 05:46:24 PM
Nice. :mowcookie
By the way, what's up with all that hiss (especially in the beginning)? I'm pretty sure it's not from my clips... :B

I didn't notice that - serves me right for not monitoring on headphones.  I had to bounce it all to tape, which can introduce hiss if you're not careful.

QuoteAnd what's next on the list for stuffs you need from me?
Um, I'd have to get back to you on that.

**EDIT**
Okay, I'll have to double check in case there are some that are on the mac and not the machine which I actually use to edit on, but I don't think I have these:

Albanion: 822, 835, 836  (also 366, though I don't know when we're going to use it)

Jyrras: 806, 815-824, 826-831, 838-847

Tapewolf

Shadrok

Quote from: James StarRunner on June 11, 2008, 01:55:04 PM
I just hope I can find a chance to record with all these screaming kids...
I know the feeling James.

By the way Tapewolf, did I do all the lines for Cid? I don't remember if I did them all for you or not. I think you also wanted some re-recorded or something.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Shadrok on June 18, 2008, 07:26:47 PM
By the way Tapewolf, did I do all the lines for Cid? I don't remember if I did them all for you or not. I think you also wanted some re-recorded or something.

I believe the following strips are missing:  20,21 and 81-85.
Apart from that, the others sound okay.

Shadrok

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 18, 2008, 07:44:27 PM
I believe the following strips are missing:  20,21 and 81-85.
Apart from that, the others sound okay.

Ok

*writes the list down and sticks it on his computers screen.*

Hopefully I'll get a chance to record them.

GabrielsThoughts

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 18, 2008, 06:19:52 PM
Here's the latest from Dark Pegasus:

http://dmfa.it-he.org/dmfa/dp916.wav.mp3

doesn't sound quite the way I had pictured it in my head...it's missing a fire crackling tiki torch sound for the deathknight....and if you could find audio of a car crashing into an elephant it would be perfect.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Mystiqe

Guess who's back, back again~

Mysti's back, tell a friend~ <3

:3

Tapewolf

Quote from: Mystiqe on July 02, 2008, 06:10:32 AM
Mysti's back, tell a friend~ <3

Cool!  If you're up for recording, could you look at doing these, by any chance?

Photophie: 675

Fi: 697-698 and 812-814

James StarRunner

Started from comic #1 on my new mic and got the first few chapters done. Took a little while since the house is hardly quiet, but I should be updating faster once I leave in August.

http://www.crystaltopia.com/sound%20files/Dan1-2.wav

http://www.crystaltopia.com/sound%20files/Dan3.wav

Tapewolf

Hmm, I don't know if it's just me but they sound a bit distorted and fluffy, like they've been badly compressed or something.  Not much in the way of high frequencies, either.
**EDIT**
Though now I listen to it, the acting is superb.

That aside, is there any chance you could look at doing Dan's voices for the Queen Mab arc?  807-814 would be really, really handy.

James StarRunner

Yep, I'll look into that. Though it sounds like I don't have a quiet house anymore... And listening to the lines with my headphones it seems like I was too far from the mic before I did the noise removal. The further it goes, the better it seems to sound as I have learned how to use my mic better. I still want to get a proper booth though, I can hear the echo from the room a bit.

Tapewolf

Quote from: James StarRunner on July 04, 2008, 06:45:43 PM
Yep, I'll look into that. Though it sounds like I don't have a quiet house anymore... And listening to the lines with my headphones it seems like I was too far from the mic before I did the noise removal.

Ah, I was afraid it was noise removal.  I always prefer to have the original, unprocessed files.  If better noise reduction software comes along I can use that on a raw file in the future, but if it's already been processed, it can never be fixed.

James StarRunner

Ya, I haven't been trying to use much for noise reduction, but I'll leave it raw in the future.

James StarRunner

Family is gone camping, giving me a chance to record the missing lines you needed. Raw, unedited, uncut, and unrated. :P

http://www.crystaltopia.com/sound%20files/Danc807-814.wav

Tapewolf

Excellent stuff.  I'll try to spin a new version of Abel's rant when I can.  I like the warble at the end, though it's not quite how I imagined it.

Anyway, did I get Dan's lines for 743-755?  If you've got the house free and time on your hands, those would be handy too.

James StarRunner

Oh, not yet. And family is back from camping last night. :/

Mystiqe

Tapewolf

Quote from: Mystiqe on July 11, 2008, 09:47:01 AM
it feels good to record again, I hope they are up to snuff ^^
I believe they are.  Of course, Fi has a certain amount of fairydust added to her anyway.  I'll probably have a recording using them on Sunday at the latest.
(Depending on how much time goes towards fixing the Revox etc..)