Mai-Ti... heart ring?

Started by Saist, May 13, 2007, 05:33:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alondro

Quote from: Amber Williams on May 14, 2007, 07:51:04 PM
Quote from: Alondro on May 14, 2007, 07:42:42 PM
*Charles hated that show soooo much*  I began polluting as much as possible after watching an episode of it!  I burned polychlorinated plastics in a low-temp fire to spew as many dioxins as I could into the air!  DIE PLANET!!! DIEEEEEE!!!

Admit it. You did that out of the secret hope of having the planeteers showing up and you having a chance to mack on Linka.

*sets Amber-shroom's hat on fire*  Revenge in mine!   >:3
Quote from: Amber Williams on May 15, 2007, 02:43:21 PM
Though Captain Planet was the first cartoon to ever tackle the issue of AIDS. (That episode consisted of one of Wheelers basketball friends having AIDS from a blood transfusion and the Ratlike guy spreading hate-rumours to make everyone scared to even be around him cause they thought they'd get AIDS just by touching him)

Hey, Family Guy may have been late, but they tackled AIDS too!  *sings*  Youuuu've got the AIDS!   >:3  I thought I had AIDS when I was 6.  I watched the evening news, NOVA, National Geographic, and 60 Minutes too much to be healthy for a grade schooler... and was a serious hypochondriac.   :B
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Kenji

Though Captain Planet was the first cartoon to ever tackle the issue of AIDS. (That episode consisted of one of Wheelers basketball friends having AIDS from a blood transfusion and the Ratlike guy spreading hate-rumours to make everyone scared to even be around him cause they thought they'd get AIDS just by touching him)

Oh those rats... always spreading something.

Swift-Skink

Quote from: Kenji on May 15, 2007, 10:20:28 PM

Oh those rats... always spreading something.

Ba dum pshh!

Brunhidden

STDs transmitted by rats....BAAAAAD mental imagery...

QuoteThe goggles do nothing!
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

ShiningShadow

Quote from: RJ on May 14, 2007, 10:12:20 PM
Suddenly I'm very tempted to see how bad the fanfiction for this can get...

EDIT:  :<

Oh it's there at www.fanfiction.net look up tv shows it's there you could go to the m rating there but hey that's up to you.

Anywho I saw some episodes of Capt Planet many years ago and I can't remember the episodes but I know this it ran on cable for a short time till they got wise and take it off.

I remember those action figures and the rings that goes with it with the words on it very cool.

I know for a fact that there is a vid game of it for the Nintendo system way back in the later eighties and early nineties if I recall.

Aridas

I'm pretty sure taking the show off WASN'T wise.

RJ

Quote from: ShiningShadow on May 16, 2007, 07:31:09 PM
Quote from: RJ on May 14, 2007, 10:12:20 PM
Suddenly I'm very tempted to see how bad the fanfiction for this can get...

EDIT:  :<

Oh it's there at www.fanfiction.net look up tv shows it's there you could go to the m rating there but hey that's up to you.

I was looking on adultfanfiction.net. There were only 2 fics there, but it was more than I could take.

King Of Hearts

By the time the show was canceled it was pretty much a dying dog that had to be put down.

which was a good thing considering the 90s had the habit of making things... EXTREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEME!

Ah, now I remember why I think CP was such a pity...

Alan Moore's "Swamp Thing" pulled off what I was expecting out of the Earth avatar motiff.

Alondro

Swamp Thing... ah, memories from childhood. 

NJ has its own version... The Toxic Crusader!   *note: It's not too far from reality, if you've seen some of the people we like to call 'Browns Mills Finest'.  Lots o' inbreedin.  :B
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Kenji

Quote from: Alondro on May 17, 2007, 09:16:24 AM

NJ has its own version... The Toxic Crusader!   *note: It's not too far from reality, if you've seen some of the people we like to call 'Browns Mills Finest'.  Lots o' inbreedin.  :B

Toxic Crusaders had it's charm. I always liked the pilot nose guy. :3

Zedd

Quote from: Kenji on May 17, 2007, 11:12:26 AM
Quote from: Alondro on May 17, 2007, 09:16:24 AM

Toxic Crusaders had it's charm. I always liked the pilot nose guy. :3
You mean the one who had a honking big nose? And shot boogers? Well long ago I had the figure of the main badguy yet somehow I setted him on fire as a kid :shifty

King Of Hearts

Boogers? Is that the one with the wheel for a foot? Didint he have hurricane sneezes or something like that?

Kenji

thegayhare

To this day I still find it bizzare they tried to make a childrens show based off one of the hyper gory, boob laden troma movies.

Kenji

Quote from: thegayhare on May 18, 2007, 12:56:18 AM
To this day I still find it bizzare they tried to make a childrens show based off one of the hyper gory, boob laden troma movies.

Aside from the boobs, have you ever read the original TMNT comics? :3

King Of Hearts

Yeah. but that was supposed to be a quasi spoof of Daredevil.

thegayhare

Quote from: Kenji on May 18, 2007, 12:57:33 AM

nope but I doubt any of the turtles ever shoved a guys face into a milk shake blender,  or stuffed a old lady into a steam trouser press like Toxie did

ShiningShadow

Quote from: Kenji on May 18, 2007, 12:57:33 AM

I got those books from Eastman and Laird very cool in my collection *Ahhhhh yes memories.*

Brunhidden

could we anytime soon expect a television series or movie based off of either Too Much Coffee Guy or Poison Elves- both of which are thoroughly disturbing compared to 'normal' comics and would probably translate interestingly considering the way they translated the above comic.

QuoteI think of a hero as someone who understands the degree of responsibility that comes with his freedom.
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.