Comic Improv!

Started by Zina, May 09, 2007, 02:41:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zina

Since this involves drawing, to believe this goes in the art thread. Correct me if I'm wrong, plz.

Posting this on DA and FA, too.

This is how it works. I'll draw the first page of a comic, and the next person continues the story. There's no set direction, people just get to make it up as they go along. It's an improv! Pretty simple, eh?

All I need right now is for people to sign up, just so there's no confusion of who goes when, or two people don't end up drawing the same page.
You can join any time, you'll just be placed last in the list. Once we get to the last person, it'll circle back to me. Let's see how long we can keep this up before people get bored or we run out of ideas.
If I get enough people(more than two) then I'll start by posting the first comic tonight.

So, sign up! First come, first serve.

Signed up(this is also the order of who's going when)-
Complete list is here. Lemme know if you're not on it!

Kenji

Umm... sure, what the heck. It'll give me a reason to art again.

King Of Hearts

Zina

Awesome, I'll start making a list. And checking it twice.

Kenji

Question, though. When it comes our turn, how long of a window do we have to do the pic? Just in case I, or another artist, has a few days of work in a row.

Zina

Whenever it can get done. Just don't make us wait too long. If you feel you wont be able to get it done anytime soon, you can always opt to be skipped, and the person after you will go.

Penny

So there isn't any set format either?  (ie. 4 panels horizontal or 4 panels veritical)

Zina

Nope, whatever you want. It can be anything from ten panels or just one big picture.

All I want is a comic that continues, in some way, from the comic before it, and allows the person after you to continue the comic.
So, no going off and suddenly starting a completely different story and characters, and no blowing up the universe and killing everyone off. Unless you do it in such a way that the person after you can keep it going somehow.

I'm not really looking for masterpieces or anything. Just something that's fun.

Kenji

Alrighty then. Now that those are out of the way, I have but one more question to add to this:

Will the comic have a rating to it, or perhaps if you do multiple comics, each will have a different rating?
I personally shouldn't be going too far into an extreme rating past maybe Rebma or so, but at least in terms of what's cool in dialogue and, if need be, fight scenes.

Zina

I'd say don't go beyond the rating of the forum. I was kind of hoping it'd stay lighthearted and fun, but you want to give it a dramatic twist, it's only fair to give people a bit of a warning before they click on it. Otherwise, if there's a bit of blood or a lot of cursing, just put a little warning up. I'm going to have faith that a lot of people can handle such things.

Penny

... *shyly* I guess I'll try my hand at it then.

nikename2

I'd assume the comics are linked to this thread for the time being as well right? I'm not really much of an artist and got finals coming up next week, but yea I am interested.

Zina

Awesome, I'll add you both.

I went ahead and posted this on FA and DA, just because. After talking about it with a friend, I decided I wanted to get as many people as I can to join. That and it wont be as much work as I initially thought, since I only have to worry about one artist at  a time. :B

Faerie Alex

Sure, why not. Put me on the list, please.
Jeez I need to update this thing.

xHaZxMaTx

I might join, depending on how many others participate.

Zina

21 people have joined so far. If you wanna get in on this, I suggest joining as soon as you can. XD

Getting the ball rolling....

Full image here

You're up, Kenji!
I'll be posting all the comics on my LJ, or something, for easy viewing. Once I get more, that is. :3

Kenji

*salutes* I'm on it, captain! D:<

nikename2

Now I know why staring at the sun can make you go blind. 

nice start.  ;)

Kenji

Zina

Exxxxcellent.

Lemme make an LJ entry for this and tap KoH. X3

http://zinagod.livejournal.com/466265.html thar.

Taskidog

Caswin

Not joining, but...

"I'm going back inside." Bwahaha. XD

Matter of fact, I like that whole panel.  Great expression.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

GabrielsThoughts

I'll participate but it will have to be later in the week. I have a busy schedule.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Zina

Uh. I have over 40 people signed up. I think you'll be waiting longer than a week.

xHaZxMaTx

40 peoples, eh?  Count me in, then.

Kenji

Quote from: Zina on May 12, 2007, 07:11:31 PM
Uh. I have over 40 people signed up.

That's one heck of a hoot'n'nanny.

Miaka

Hell yes, I'm up for this.
Addplz.

Zina

Quote from: Kenji on May 12, 2007, 08:29:36 PM
Quote from: Zina on May 12, 2007, 07:11:31 PM
Uh. I have over 40 people signed up.

That's one heck of a hoot'n'nanny.

Yeah, but this'll only work if everyone actually does it or keeps me updated on their progress, instead of the SS, where some people just dissappear on me all together.

Quote from: Miaka on May 12, 2007, 09:51:57 PM
Hell yes, I'm up for this.
Addplz.

Added, lolz.

llearch n'n'daCorna

State on the opener that people have three days to respond, and must have the update in by the end of the week, or they get skipped and it moves to the next person?

Just an idea....
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

King Of Hearts

Jeez ya people are fast... I havent collected my thoughts yet.

well, ere's my page.

http://www.furaffinity.net/view/544155/

I was planning on just dropping a meteor... but meteors dont knock.