Furry mmorpg - Antilia

Started by Ralanost, April 27, 2007, 11:55:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ralanost

This got brought up very off-handedly months ago, but I keep coming back to it.  It is still kind of an amoeba, but it has tremendous potential.

http://www.rightbraingames.com/games.php

Go there and give your support.  Doing my part to move past traditional mmo's.  Kinda ready to dump World of Boredcraft.

Roureem Egas

Damn, that looks amazing. I gotta remember this one, and hope my laptop can work with it and hope it comes out sometime soon.

I was lazy, so what's all this about world building?

Llewelyn

It's been in production since 1999 or so, and has switched engines a couple times I believe.  It got to Alpha at one point, then the programmer was going abck to engine work... looks like things are changing again.

Vidar

Sounds like vapourware. Wake me if and when it's released.
\^.^/ \O.O/ \¬.¬/ \O.^/ \o.o/ \-.-/' \O.o/ \0.0/ \>.</

Tapewolf

Quote from: Vidar on April 28, 2007, 04:36:56 AM

They appear to have written an entire GUI abstraction layer while still having crippled the thing into only being able to work in Win32.  I do not understand.

And no, I do not think I can give it support if it will not work on my system, or even the Mac I am thinking of buying.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Zedd

Wel lhope it runs or i burn it

Turnsky

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 28, 2007, 04:41:06 AM
Quote from: Vidar on April 28, 2007, 04:36:56 AM

They appear to have written an entire GUI abstraction layer while still having crippled the thing into only being able to work in Win32.  I do not understand.

And no, I do not think I can give it support if it will not work on my system, or even the Mac I am thinking of buying.

interesting concept, and premise, but in the sea of MMO's that are already going well, (World of warcraft, EVE, City oh heroes/villains, etc) whether or not it will do well to keep on going is another thing altogether.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Netami

Second Life and Furcadia weren't enough?

Turnsky

Quote from: Netami on April 30, 2007, 01:14:38 PM

well, this one screams "furcadia 3d" to me =p

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Netami

Yeah... You mean, Second Life? SL has become pretty much just that. And this engine looks strikingly (as in I will hit you) familiar.

Zedd

But why post it, if its not up yet?

Aridas

Quote from: Netami on April 30, 2007, 01:14:38 PM
Those aren't games. Those are fancy looking chats where you do next to nothing.

Netami

Oh please, there's plenty to do! People cyber all the time! At least in Second Life you can do it on your own land. Make an MMO and people will do it out in the streets. Goldshire, anyone?

Hargh!

tenlaius

make cubi a race is what they should do.

would be interesting if DMFA cast happened to make appearances..if amber approves of course >>

except certain unholy radio project cast...like taski >> DON'T NEED NAKED SUGGESTIVE DANCING!

Malakin

If you want a good MMO that will come out soon with furry type guys in it, then check out DarkFall Online
Its going to be realy kick ass.
I would not call my self a 'furry fan' but those wolf guys look quite fun to play as  :mwaha

EDIT: The main site I think is quite old, check out the forums for a bit more information.
Also If you want to play as a cubi in DFO, you just need to pick the wolf guys and skill up in necromancy and some shapeshifting spells :)

Oh its also all playerskillbased first/thrid person PVP, so no autoattacks or macro mashing, it comes down to your own skill and playstyle.
"The only limit to my freedom is the inevitable closure of the
universe, as inevitable as your own last breath. And yet,
there remains time to create, to create, and escape.

Escape will make me God.
"

Reese Tora

If you want a MMORPG that's already been out a few months that has some good furry options, Vanguard:SoH has three anthropomorphic races; a fox, a wolf, and a cat based race (one for each starting continent)

(personally, I'm tempted to get the game and play a Kurashasa)

They had to launch early 'cause of budget constraints, but they've been rpetty up front about it.  :shifty
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

GabrielsThoughts

I don't know I find the artwork interesting, but I have no idea what the pretty pictures have to do with what they are promoting, unless its just a lure.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.