Cubi History

Started by Aurawyn, April 06, 2007, 11:04:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aurawyn

I think Able's "Short version' of cubi history (( From page 508 ))would make a great bonus arc. :mowwink I am sure this has probably been an idea others have had too, but I just wanted to say it again... hehehe

superluser

I think this is an excellent idea.

I also think that Amber is planning on revealing this history slowly throughout the strip, so asking her to do it as a mini-arc would probably mess with the pacing for the strip.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Zedd

Do what most fans of the comic do..Wait awhile and maybe she will peel off more layers of the comic and then you will know

llearch n'n'daCorna

And here I thought most of the fans speculated wildly (and Wildy) in the forum, until Amber got sick of it and posted something to smack them all down...

.. shows what I know. :-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

kaskar

Creature types and characteristics can await another day .  Now something about " the disasters of Neni " , is a one off ...

8) Just Hanging Around ...

Turnsky

or an even shorter version that comes on a single stickynote..  >:3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

kaskar

Azlan talks about Neni's various Adventures and Disasters all the time , why can't we just have a short of them at Lost Lake, or would we get continual disasters going on, until Lost Lake is turned to matchwood under the force of the Neni ?

Zedd

I dought that crazy guy himself is self forward to speak

Amber Williams

Quote from: kaskar on April 07, 2007, 07:40:53 AM
       Azlan talks about Neni's various Adventures and Disasters all the time , why can't we just have a short of them at Lost Lake, or would we get continual disasters going on, until Lost Lake is turned to matchwood under the force of the Neni ?

But Neni has never been to Lost Lake. :<

As for Cubi History, I had considered giving a brief rundown via a story revolving around Fa'Lina.  However it is probably as long as Abel's Story and triple the dark...so I don't really have any desires or plans at this time or near future.

Truthfully I am doubtful I will ever do another mega-bonus arc like Abel's Story again after I finish his.

Zedd

Never say never Amber...May you rember a famous mouse singing that once :P

Then again you are like an onion when comes to keeping things up...Many layers of chaos in every peeling :B

Stygian

Quote from: Amber Williams on April 07, 2007, 02:36:02 PM
Quote from: kaskar on April 07, 2007, 07:40:53 AM

But Neni has never been to Lost Lake. :<

As for Cubi History, I had considered giving a brief rundown via a story revolving around Fa'Lina.  However it is probably as long as Abel's Story and triple the dark...so I don't really have any desires or plans at this time or near future.

Truthfully I am doubtful I will ever do another mega-bonus arc like Abel's Story again after I finish his.

But... but... dark... and... other... sweet... plot... wonderful... suffering... my... :c

... :C

Tapewolf

Ouch.  Even as someone who likes DMFA for the drama as much as the humour, I think that's probably a wise decision.  There's dark and then there's horrible.

Nonetheless, I have to admit, that 'history' panel is one of my favourite strips.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Alondro

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 07, 2007, 06:07:27 PM

Ouch.  Even as someone who likes DMFA for the drama as much as the humour, I think that's probably a wise decision.  There's dark and then there's horrible.

Nonetheless, I have to admit, that 'history' panel is one of my favourite strips.

*Charles suspects Charline might be featured in such a history of darkness...*

*Charline grrs!*  Why?!  What have I ever done to merit... oh right... all the murders and carnivorousness.   >:3  I should very much like to know of this dark chapter of Furrae. 
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

kaskar

Amber is right in saying that Neni has never been to Lost Lake . However, it would be nice to see her visit Aslan there .

techmaster-glitch

heh, if Neni is as good at random accidental destruction as Azlan makes her out to be, I doubt even Alexi would be able to prevent Lost Lake from being obliterated like Mab's glen... and you also have to remember that Neni is a fae, just like Mab and Azlan.

kaskar

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on April 08, 2007, 02:12:04 AM
heh, if Neni is as good at random accidental destruction as Azlan makes her out to be, I doubt even Alexi would be able to prevent Lost Lake from being obliterated like Mab's glen... and you also have to remember that Neni is a fae, just like Mab and Azlan.
Is Neni fae ? In the wedding picture , it was Azlan with the antenni and butterfly wings . Neni seems to have no antenni , and feathered wings . Is she of the Angel race ?

Zedd

kaskar

Quote from: Zedd on April 08, 2007, 03:13:49 AM
Ummm Kaskar....No
Was that an Angel Fox for Neni, and Fae Fox for Azlan. or a NOT angel fox . Don't see why not . Both are long lived role playing races, and the creature - being phobia wouldn't be there ...   Also , I see feathered wings and no Antenni on Neni in the wedding photo . Wedding photos should be for remembering , and Azlan had to get a patch for similar wings   ... Could've been done easier by fae magic

Aridas

Why does it have to be an angel? Do angels not have a really bad reputation?

kaskar

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on April 08, 2007, 04:36:13 AM
Why does it have to be an angel? Do angels not have a really bad reputation?

I was just trying to correlate the wing type and the race . I presumed that these were Neni's natural wings, and apart from being formal, should be true to life . She has the description : Feathered wing Fox called Neni

Amber Williams

Neni and Azlan are both characters who have original owners.  While some liberties I take, I try to keep the base core of the character design matched to the owners vision.  So be very careful in making assumptions.

In other words: There are lots of things one can speculate. Don't do it in regards to Neni.

llearch n'n'daCorna

I speculate that Neni will do nasty things to Amber if Amber makes any changes to the character.

... and that Amber will do even nastier things to me for speculating :-]

Illusionist

Quote from: Zedd on April 07, 2007, 01:46:13 AM
Do what most fans of the comic do..Wait awhile and maybe she will peel off more layers of the comic and then you will know

Peel off layers? Are you saying DMFA is like an ogre now?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Illusionist on April 08, 2007, 08:45:04 AM
Peel off layers? Are you saying DMFA is like an ogre now?

No, no. Of course not.

DMFA is like an onion. Amber is like an ogre.

*grin* *duck* *run*, very very fast.

techmaster-glitch

I drew the conclusion that Neni was a Fae from this, and I do remeber Amber once saying that you should be very careful if you are going to even try to use wallpapers/art for refernce in the DMFA canon, which is why I don't really consider them to be a legitimate source.

Anyways, Azlan says: "As a Fae, we have a more deep and meaningful way..." thus implying that Neni is a Fae, just like Azlan. And Neni being a Fae who never learned to control her own magic easily explains all the mayhem she has unwittingly caused.

And if you really want to go on the wallpaper, in the wedding photo, she probably has feathered wings because that must have been what here original character design was.
Quote from: Amber Williams on April 08, 2007, 05:45:41 AM
Neni and Azlan are both characters who have original owners.  While some liberties I take, I try to keep the base core of the character design matched to the owners vision. 
Amber probably had to draw Neni with birdwings, not butterflywings, for that reason. Yet another reason why you shouldn't often reference the wallpapers, unless you are absolutely sure it fits absolutly seamlessly.

Chaos

To have fun... To earn this custom Title... For the Hell of it, I give you the Unfounded Speculation of Neni.

Azlan and her met once during Adventurer's and Diviner's mixer party. At the time they met, (which was about 200 hundred years previous to the current story line) Azlan had to resort to using his fey powers for the illusion magic which hid his true nature, as one Kangaroo Rat had not been born yet. To say it was love at sight would probably would have been an outright lie, however, at least that was the last time Neni went to a mixer.

Now after that event, Neni and Azlan kept in touch via letters. As there relationship grew, Azlan worried more and more about how this lovely new woman would respond to his near immortality. Eventually, he decided to break the news to her on his wedding day as he walked down the isle. He vowed that he would die the day she would, and that for the rest of her life, she would have the normal life that she deserved.

It wasn't until they arrived at the suit that she decided to surprise him with the, untill then, unknown truth that she two was a fae that had been using illusion magic to hide her true nature. As opposed to Azlan (who used his power to avoid the embarrassing effects of adventuring with fairy wings) Neni loved the concept of magic that the beings had seemed to master and wished to study it without giving away her natural inborn talent for magic.

Eventually they settled into a pattern of working. Both Neni and Azlan's work required them to be away for long extended periods of time, so they set up a house on a "higher plane" which is bound to two items. (Which would be their wedding rings btw). Thus when they both have time off, they can spend time with each other, no matter where they may be. (But they have both agreed that in the real world they should remain separate, for political reasons that need not be addressed at this time.

So, as of now, Neni is half a continent away working with other beings on the creation and improvement of existing magics, all the while the other mages none the wiser to her true abilities. (Yes they can sense the illusion magic, but they don't ask for politeness sake (Almost like asking about a woman's breast implants. (Yay! Triple Parentheses(edit: Maybe you should concentrate on the content, and not the quadruple (or quintuple (or even sextuple (woo, sex! (sorry)))) layers of parenthesis. Just my 2p. :-])))). Azlan of course is currently spending time at Lost lake.

They plan sometime in the future to have a child, but neither wishes to give up their professional careers to do so.... maybe in a 100 years or so.

(Edit: Sorry, I couldn't resist the chance to play in the parenthesis.... :-] -- llearch )

llearch n'n'daCorna

*whistles innocently*

Sorry, Chaos. It was too tempting. :-]

kaskar

And thus the cards become to tumble, and with the warnings, collapse upon the might of the Neni talk

Zedd

Quote from: kaskar on April 09, 2007, 07:58:12 AM

And thus the cards become to tumble, and with the warnings, collapse upon the might of the Neni talk

...human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... MASS HYSTERIA!

Alondro

In the beginning there was nothing...

And then there was Charline!   :mwaha

Thus we have the history of cubi!  The End!   :boogie
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif