2007-03-29 [Cubi 05] Is it...safe?

Started by superluser, March 29, 2007, 12:13:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saist

QuoteSometimes a cigar is just a cigar. And sometimes a page is just Amber's excuse to not draw details and draw Fa'Lina boobs instead.

... Best. Response. Ever.
* je.saist gives Amber a crate of Swedish Fish!

Keleth

Quote from: je.saist on March 29, 2007, 09:25:48 PM
QuoteSometimes a cigar is just a cigar. And sometimes a page is just Amber's excuse to not draw details and draw Fa'Lina boobs instead.

... Best. Response. Ever.
* je.saist gives Amber a crate of Swedish Fish!

XD Seconded! But you dare only give her swedish fish?!

This is not a proper tribute! This is a proper tribute!

*Sacrifices a random troll from the boards*
Help! I'm gay!

llearch n'n'daCorna

hey! That's my job!

... well, ok. That's Darkmoon's job, and mine when he leaves me one.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Amber Williams

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 29, 2007, 09:10:23 PM
(sorry, Amber, I couldn't resist...)

And thus the next arc of DMFA will consist of characters stepping on boxes... :B

But seriously, I can't help but feel a bit wounded if people seriously think the two are actually the same.  I would hope between the markings/horns/ears/nose and the fact one only consists of primarily a headshot, that people would be able to deduce they are not the same.   If I meant for them to be the same individual, I'd have gone out of my way to make a note of it.

Sometimes it's really difficult coming up with colour/style combinations since anytime I try to make someone plain and uninteresting, people tend to confuse them with other plain and uninteresting things.

Kenji

Shoulda just went with torturing a cameo character.  Like Saist. :3

Keleth

Quote from: Amber Williams on March 29, 2007, 09:40:13 PM

And thus the next arc of DMFA will consist of characters stepping on boxes... :B

But seriously, I can't help but feel a bit wounded if people seriously think the two are actually the same.  I would hope between the markings/horns/ears/nose and the fact one only consists of primarily a headshot, that people would be able to deduce they are not the same.   If I meant for them to be the same individual, I'd have gone out of my way to make a note of it.

Sometimes it's really difficult coming up with colour/style combinations since anytime I try to make someone plain and uninteresting, people tend to confuse them with other plain and uninteresting things.

To be honest, I don't even get what superluser was talking about. I looked at both of them and hardly saw any similarities. I don't know if it's just a need to complain or for some people to find something to do with all their spare time.

Some people are just really weird Amber.
Help! I'm gay!

superluser

Quote from: Amber Williams on March 29, 2007, 09:07:05 PMI'm just going to walk away superluser.  But I will say what you just said struck me as very insulting.

I'm sorry.  I didn't mean it to be insulting.  I just meant it to sound like the whiny kid who finds fault with something just because he doesn't get his way.  I thought that it would be clear that that wasn't my opinion, but a voice that I was adopting.  Ah, well.  Again, sorry.

And I'm just disappointed because those swashes looked really cool, and now I'll never get to know what they are.  I thought that it was interesting that both of the characters looked similar, but they're obviously not the same, because they're both dead now.

Quote from: Amber Williams on March 29, 2007, 09:40:13 PMSometimes it's really difficult coming up with colour/style combinations since anytime I try to make someone plain and uninteresting, people tend to confuse them with other plain and uninteresting things.

Is it wrong to suggest that neither of those characters are terribly plain?  I think the dark brown fur with the reddish-brown hair really makes the hair pop.  I think both have excellent visual character.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Boog

A handful of simularities, which from the small amount of the second we see is enough for some to deduce that they're one and the same. Besides, we're fans. We love trying to find little conspiracies in the comics. "Wasn't Cameoweasal dead? But now the cubi have him? COULD HE IN FACT BE INVOLVED WITH WHATEVER DAN'S DAD IS WRAPPED UP IN!?"

Amber Williams

Truthfully? I dont remember which font I used.  I have a ton of fonts, and when looking around I tend to breeze through them quickly to find a match without really looking at what it's called.  And since I don't save the hi-rez versions with words on them, I can't go back and check which font it was. So at the time the only way I would be able to figure it out is to type something in and go through all the fonts one-by-one...which I really don't have much eagerness to do. 

As for the plain-ness, I guess it's a matter of opinion. 

Saist

Quote from: Kenji on March 29, 2007, 09:41:26 PM

but I'm not a cameo character. I've never been drawn by Amber.

Slacker Spice

Quote from: Amber Williams on March 29, 2007, 03:24:53 PM
Quote from: Stygian on March 29, 2007, 08:42:48 AM
No. There has to be something more to that, other than that the scene is gruesome and gorish. I may not believe that of Amber and her censorship, but I believe it of Fa'Lina. Sometimes characters have their own meaning with things. >:]

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. And sometimes a page is just Amber's excuse to not draw details and draw Fa'Lina boobs instead. :3

Excuse me for one moment. Some of my male muses are leering here, and I need to go and slap them silly...

Anyway, I very much agree on the whole "high-powered entity going OMGWTF?!" front.

P.S. Must. Pimp. Fixed. Icon.

"Oh, listen to Mary Poppins. He's got his crust all stiff and upper with that nancy-boy accent. You English men are always so... bloody hell! [counting them on his fingers.] Sodding, blimey, shagging, knickers, bollocks. Oh god... I'm English."
"Welcome to the nancy tribe."
Spike and Giles; "Tabula Rasa"; Buffy the Vampire Slayer

"Aw, great, you blew up the 'wah-wah' machine!"
"PORCUPINES ARE GOD!" - Nostalgia

Prof B Hunnydew

Quote from: je.saist on March 29, 2007, 10:02:48 PM
Quote from: Kenji on March 29, 2007, 09:41:26 PM

but I'm not a cameo character. I've never been drawn by Amber.

No Torture Cameo Character's are Pepe and Karma( Dave and Katie Hopkins) comic 530  I love this one..

And Amber even your plain characters are shinies...  :mowhappy  Don't worry about the nitpickers

Well If you need a torturing character pick one of the formite that is really been a pest at the time you need one... But that may set a terrible explain and anyone wants to be on the comic, would just have to be a jerk to everyone or to you to get in the comic... :mowdizzy

:mowtongue to the jerks
:mowcookie to Amber
PBH

superluser

Quote from: Amber Williams on March 29, 2007, 10:01:00 PMTruthfully? I dont remember which font I used.  I have a ton of fonts

Aw, poop.  It should be obvious by now that I'm a huge typography dork, and I love reading about this stuff.  Really, if you had said that to begin with, I wouldn't have kept pestering you.  And now I feel bad about pestering you. :mowsad

Quote from: Amber Williams on March 29, 2007, 10:01:00 PMAs for the plain-ness, I guess it's a matter of opinion.

Well, I can certainly see the plain-ness (as in Sarah, Plain and Tall), but I don't think I've ever seen you make a visually uninteresting character.  All of your characters are beautifully drawn.

Caswin

*MysteriousPastTackle*

Haven't had one of those in a while.  Given how SAIA has a class devoted to pain and terror, I'd guess that whyever Fa'lina's hiding the goings-on, it's not out of squeamishness.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

kaskar

How many inexperienced cubi will be trapped and tortured to death by the minds that they were going to read ?
8) Just Hanging Around ...

Jim Halisstrad

Wait.... did I read this right on the Front page?   (And I should have considering this is a copy-paste)
"Next will probably be Matilda and discussing Furrae Fashion and the laws that revolve around it."

Ahem.

*Squeals*  ^_^

DON'T JUDGE ME.  :P

Saist

Matilda for Dan and Dan for Matilda...

(he'd better be her dressing dummy)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Bwahahahaha! I can hardly wait.

... hang on a cotton-picking minute.

That's me! Nooooooooo!

FWIW, I looked, and they looked -sort of- similar... but no more. I figured superluser was off on one of his streaks, rather than actually suggesting things. In the same sort of way that Alondro tends to make completely off-the-wall suggestions (speaking of which, I'd really be amused if one of the -really- strange ones turned out to be right. Or at least briefly, in a "What Makes a Comic Great" style mini-arc... followed by a "psyche! And you thought Alondro was right! haha!" type strip. Probably one-panel. :-] ) without anyone really taking them seriously....

Quote from: je.saist on March 29, 2007, 11:54:43 PM

Well... he's got the Dummy part down pat... *grin*

superluser

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 30, 2007, 07:12:18 AMI figured superluser was off on one of his streaks, rather than actually suggesting things.

Well, it wasn't supposed to be stupid speculation, just sort of an offhand quip, whence I would away.  That's why I provided it without comme--

Wait.  I'm *known* for my streaks?

llearch n'n'daCorna

kaskar

This is the problem when it comes to mind manipulation of the mind , who and what does when and where ? Where would Dan's first thoughts go ? Matilda seems more mature, ,  confused yet ! The ins and outs of the cubi mind, along with it's mind patterns has not been fully mapped in this room yet. I feel Dan will never be able to properly read a mind at all ...

Tapewolf

Quote from: kaskar on April 01, 2007, 04:37:43 AM
Where would Dan's first thoughts go ? Matilda seems more mature, ,  confused yet ! The ins and outs of the cubi mind, along with it's mind patterns has not been fully mapped in this room yet. I feel Dan will never be able to properly read a mind at all ...

He's 25.  Barring tragedy he should make 100 times that, at least.

Nasty hobbittses doesn't realise how long 'never ' IS!
--Gollum, Lord of the Rings (BBC version), episode 12

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

kaskar

Seems that For both of them it should be safe physically , ( except matilda could give a good grip . However will it be mentally safe . With the mental incompetince of Dan , who knows what next happens to Dan ?