3/21/07 Cubi: Are You Lost, Little Girl?

Started by Akisohida, March 20, 2007, 10:05:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ted Schiller

Quote from: Netami on March 21, 2007, 01:15:30 AM
Oh man, I feel a new fetish coming on. Yeah baby, you can burninate my thatched roof cottages any day, big white dream eating mythos. Gotta write a slash-fic.

:eager

[sing]
Burninate, they want you because of the pride that gives,
But Burninate, I want you because I need you to live.
But while I live only to hold you,
Some other men, they long to control you.
But how can they control you Burninate,
when they can not control themselves, Burninate,
from wanting you, needing you,
But darling you belong to me.
[/sing]

With apologies to Holland, Dozier, and Holland; The Four Tops; and to the rhinoceros sales lady.   ^_^;

With regards,
Ted

Lushin

All I can say is those two would hate going into any of my dreams. Well maybe not, maybe they could actually make them make sense. I haven't had a nightmare in a while but what I am having would surely make those two go "Oh great I just had to end up in another one of these guys. This is gonna be a long night"
/happiness.exe
Command failure: Command unkown

Failure. Abort. Retry. Fail.

FlameSword

" Ok put the gravestone over there, make that pit a little bit deeper, make sure there's plenty of room for the remaining blood to flow. "

Tapewolf

Further to my wittering about Arx Fatalis this morning, here are some screenshots.  It actually looks a bit more like the Summon Undead spell:

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k216/tapewolf/scraps/summon1.jpg

Here's the Summon Demon spell, but I'm going to hyperlink the rest:
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k216/tapewolf/scraps/summon2.jpg

The demon itself is here, two shots of it.  It doesn't really resemble the Mythos as much as I thought, but it's kind of interesting to compare.
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k216/tapewolf/scraps/summon3.jpg
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k216/tapewolf/scraps/summon4.jpg

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

The LizardKing

You're lost little girl....great song by the Doors. :kirby
and it's so shiny! and so many eyes.....
I see you........

Alondro

Quote from: Violet Dusk on March 21, 2007, 07:08:38 AM
I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees a resemblance to Digimon.  :giggle

*Violet Dusk is also assassinated!*   :knifed
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Yukifox on March 21, 2007, 01:00:02 PM
(Hurrah for backwards swearing!)

*cough* Erm. Yeah. Don't do that again, y'hear? :-P
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Yukifox

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 21, 2007, 08:05:55 PM
Quote from: Yukifox on March 21, 2007, 01:00:02 PM

*cough* Erm. Yeah. Don't do that again, y'hear? :-P

Hey!  I misspelled the bad bad words. =P  Censorship is stupid!  *takes off tie and runs around*

((Okay okay... XP))

Manawolf

Flex your 1st Ammendmant rights, just don't be a dick about it.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Yukifox on March 21, 2007, 08:28:28 PM
Hey!  I misspelled the bad bad words. =P  Censorship is stupid!  *takes off tie and runs around*

((Okay okay... XP))

Yes, it is. But this particular board is PG rated, and those words aren't.

While we're mostly reasonably adult, those of us in charge have a responsibility to keep the non-PG words to a minimum. So I'm asking, politely, if you wouldn't mind perhaps following the rules you agreed to when you signed up. Or, at least, that you agree to by posting here. :-]

... hey, at least I'm asking. I -could- just get out the stompy boots, but if I did that, I'd end up banning myself, after I removed everyone else, for breaking the rules myself... :-]

Quote from: Manawolf on March 21, 2007, 08:32:22 PM
Flex your 1st Ammendmant rights, just don't be a dick about it.

Likewise. Shush, Manawolf. Some of us aren't in the States, and don't have a First Amendment to flex.
We're stuck with having to be reasonable and thoughtful and sensible.

What a pity.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Doraion

o_o;  Ok that would scare anyone.  I really hope it's not a dream larva.

Ace: "Hmph, I can handle that thing since I am too hard to scare even with my worst fear."

Me:  Ace I told you to stop being so arrogant! V_V;

Manawolf

Hm...

superluser

Sigh.  Looks like the post I quoted has been removed during the time in which I posted this message.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Manawolf

So because I hold an air of confidence is why I'm pissing you people off?  Seriously, I take a stab which even I know is probably wrong by Amber terms.  If you'd stop taking things so seriously people might be able to have some fun around here instead being huffy all the time.

Lighten up, it's better for your health.

Jigsaw Forte

Quote from: Manawolf on March 21, 2007, 11:53:13 PM
So because I hold an air of confidence is why I'm pissing you people off?  Seriously, I take a stab which even I know is probably wrong by Amber terms.  If you'd stop taking things so seriously people might be able to have some fun around here instead being huffy all the time.

Lighten up, it's better for your health.

The problem is you do it with so much confidence that random idiot walking in thinks you know more than the average forumgoer, and that what you know is either canon or spoiler.

Which, quite frankly, you don't, and is neither.

That said... WOW, did anyone just look at the screen at an odd angle and see all the barely-visible shading Amber did on this beast? That's just whole new levels of awesome.

superluser

Quote from: Jigsaw Forte on March 22, 2007, 12:09:23 AMThe problem is you do it with so much confidence that random idiot walking in thinks you know more than the average forumgoer, and that what you know is either canon or spoiler.

Yup.  It makes it more difficult for us to lighten up when you act like you know everything and that speculation is meaningless.

Quote from: Jigsaw Forte on March 22, 2007, 12:09:23 AMThat said... WOW, did anyone just look at the screen at an odd angle and see all the barely-visible shading Amber did on this beast? That's just whole new levels of awesome.

:boggle Ho-lee crap!  That is astounding color work, Amber.

Valynth

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 21, 2007, 08:34:33 PM
Likewise. Shush, Manawolf. Some of us aren't in the States, and don't have a First Amendment to flex.
We're stuck with having to be reasonable and thoughtful and sensible.

What a pity.

Acctually, you're forced to and those who don't want to be are thrown in prison....

Therefore anyone who pulls enough strings in your society can force you to live by whatever proganda they wish you to live with, regardless of how you feel about it and if you try to speak the truth, you get yoinked to prison.

Do I love my constitution?  yes, very much so.  It keeps me free a lot better than a knife.

anyway, this is a interesting development.  Has there been records of a being sheltering/appeasing such a mind-thing in order to prevent 'cubi from entering the dream/mind?
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Manawolf

I'd think it to be a dangerous proposition.  It's kind of like putting a guard dog inside your vault, he can protect your stuff from intruders, but he might also end up tear apart your valuables himself.

Valynth

You forget that these are sentient people, I'd like to think they're a bit better than dogs....  No offense Fa'lina....
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.

Zedd

Quote from: Valynth on March 22, 2007, 02:11:45 AM
You forget that these are sentient people, I'd like to think they're a bit better than dogs....  No offense Fa'lina....

*cough*

Manawolf

Sentient, but many that could possess a possible evil or flighty attitude.  As the saying goes, "It's so hard to find good help these days," and even those who are willing to do an honest job may charge you quite a bit for it.

That's just how I think it would work, anyway.

Valynth

It could be a symbiotic thing like "I feed you my emotions/whatnot or I give you a place to hide-out if you guard the areas of my mind" situation. 

A situation it which it is actually beneficial for the creature to defend the being's mind.

Netami

Like a symbiont?

LIKE VENOM?

Dude, cool, I want one.

Anri

Wait. Uhm. What? At the risk of continuing a derail, first amendment rights don't extend to private message boards anyway.

Valynth

never said it did, just pointed out the pro's of having a constitution.

Anyway, no, not like Venom.  Venom was a suit designed to fight cancer that developed a mind of its own.

one word does not a concept make

Tezkat

Quote from: Valynth on March 22, 2007, 12:29:12 AM
anyway, this is a interesting development.  Has there been records of a being sheltering/appeasing such a mind-thing in order to prevent 'cubi from entering the dream/mind?

Hmm... some kind of dream-protecting mind shield, either as a spell or artifact, would strike me as a simpler solution. Nonetheless, evidence thus far suggests that Cubi require contact with or at least close proximity to a person in order to surf their dreams. Thus, someone concerned about personal safety while they sleep would probably want to invest more in physical defences than oneirological ones.

Having a pet Squishy rolling around in one's dreams would be a neat way for Beings to ambush unsuspecting Cubi, though. Enough cases of that happening, and simple "Beware of Squishy" signs could be enough to ward off Cubi intrusion.  >:3

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Alondro

Quote from: Valynth on March 22, 2007, 03:34:40 AM
one word does not a concept make

*Fidel Castro*  Communism rocks!  Ha!  That R 2 wurds American pig!  :B

*Charles retaliates!*  Communism sucks badly.  Three words; hence better argument.  I win.

*Castro*  Damn American with big voca.. vocab... big list of words to use!

>:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

superluser

Quote from: Alondro on March 22, 2007, 10:58:32 AMCommunism sucks badly.

Er... does that mean it fails at sucking, and thus is good?

I'd prefer this phrasing:

2-4-6-8 Marxist crimes are very great!
Great meaning large or immense.  We use it in the pejorative sense!

GabrielsThoughts

see,for me it looks like a dragon, with many eye stalks and tentacles and we do know that Cubi and Dragons have a long standing feud for some unknown reason.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Brunhidden

Quote from: superluser on March 21, 2007, 01:06:33 PM

Quote from: Yukifox on March 21, 2007, 01:00:02 PMWhat the kcvf is this gothic tihs now?

I thought it was something from the Neverending Story, but let me check...Hmm.  Doesn't seem to be that.

Also, I'm not sure if backwards writing is encouraged here.

actually i think the idea was used on an episode of 'red dwarf' where they took a trip through someones mind- most of the 'good' characteristics were in a graveyard with pathetic tombstones and self loathing had a castle complete with a harem

and if he gets to write backwards i start speaking in norwegan and vote whose posts hurt your eyes more

QuoteO tyrant love, to what do you not drive the hearts of men.
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.