New subject, Old topic

Started by DragonCub, December 07, 2005, 01:28:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonCub

I think it was on the post for Flammie's Theme that everyone was talking about there collections.

I used to get any game I could for certain systems, even if they sucked. I traded in  some of my collection to get a DS, and really don't miss the part of my collection I traded.

We've (as in my wife and I) posted some of our collection on ign.com, just to see what we have.

As of now, without listing all of our Genesis, SNES, N64, and NES games, we have 394 games. Once we post all of those, it will probably be closer to 700.

Our favorites are RPGs, platforming, and puzzle games.

Just curious as to finding out more about everyone's gaming/spending/trading/collecting habits.

Darkmoon

I have abotu 18 systems and somewhere in the league of 400 games. Sounsd small when you considering against the previous collection, but then, most of my money gets syphoned into movies, of which I'm sitting on a collection of 500+ movies, with a ton more coming for XMas. Should prove to be a very nice year for me. ^_^

Xuzaf D

SNES, N64, Gamecube, Dreamcast, and PS2.
Estimation of games: Above 100.
Plus: About fifteen Gameboy games (assorted age, but mostly GBA now)

The Favorites list for Joey D:

Favorite Zelda games: 1) A Link to the Past, 2) Majora's Mask 3) Link's Awakening.

Favorite Castlevanias: Castlevania (nes), Aria of Sorrow.

Favorite RPG's (zelda excluded): 1) Parasite Eve, 2) Paper Mario... damn, I don't play many rpg's...

Favorites overall: 1) Starfox 64, 2) Vampire Savior 2, 3) Street Fighter Alpha 3.

JaegerElite

Man, I thought I had a lot of video games at 75 and only at 5 systems :( , I guess I'm not as much of a gamer as I thought I was... :redrum

Destina Faroda

Systems: NES, SNES, N64, PSX, Saturn, Gamecube, PS2, Game Boy, Game Boy Adavance (and an SP), Nintendo DS.
Estimated number of games: 100 -- I might have a few more but that's a nice round figure.

My favorite types of games are RPGs.  I like the idea of menu-driven combat that accompanies a good story.   My favorite RPG series is the Ogre Battle/Tactics Ogre series, although that series is more a tactical/strategy RPG than a more pure RPG.  I also like Final Fantasy, Fire Emblem, and Breath of Fire.  However, I am also a big fan of non-RPG series the Mario Kart series and Mega Man/Mega Man X.  I used to love Capcom fighters, but I was so horrible at them that I purged them from my list,

As far as my collection, though, it is heavily skewed toward older games.  And since I'm cheap/broke, I don't get as many games as I'd like to play.  The last game I got was Mario Kart DS, and that was because it was a gift.  I am amazed at how people are able to buy the number of games they do.

Finally, despite posting on a Castlevania message board, I am NOT a Castlevania fan.      The only CV game I beat was Circle of the Moon.
Sig coming...whenever...

Darkmoon

JaegerElite: This thread was dead. If you will read the rules, you'll see whe have a rule against reviving topics more than 1 month old. Thread Necromancy, so to speak. I assume you just hadn't read the rules, so... don't do it again.

Xuzaf D

Maybe you can just make an auto-lock system to help the problem. Of course it would be nicer if the noobs would actually read the damn rules, but a good half of them don't even seem to know English.

Achirio

I remember when i used to moderate a forum, grave defilers where so annoying O_o i think you indeed should put auto lock after the thread has been inactive for two months or so as dalmudas jones says.

ilpalazzo

Darkmoon