Flu - 2/21/2007

Started by Cogidubnus, February 22, 2007, 12:28:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cogidubnus

Well, here's to hoping Mrs. Amber feels better soon. :<

superluser

This time of year, you know.  I'm sorry, Mrs. Amber.

(also--and you knew I had to do this--the runic appears to be ``grooble grooble pfft pfft blarp,'' if it's Futhark)

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Distracting

It's going around pretty badly. I blame winter for getting everyone's moods so low. I personally believe that your mood can affect your health...and that there's something going around. Around next month of last year, there were hundreds of kids gone from school (and it's not a big school either) because of illness.

Regal

My sympathies, Amber. There are all sorts of nasty things going around. I'm recovering from a sinus infection myself. Good luck with being dead and all. I'm sure Fluffy can find a voodoo spell or mad scientist to get you going again.

get well cookie with get well mow  :mowcookie

Zedd

Darn flue...Its taken you and my mother by storm!

xHaZxMaTx

Oof, I've already gone through all that this winter, no fun at all. :<  Get better without getting worse.

Zorro

BRING OUT YER DEAD!  Bangs on Chime   :U

Aridas

but I want my dead to stay here :<

Manawolf

"I'm getting better."

I really need to, since this is midterms time.

Alondro

People are getting sick all around me!  There are germs creeping about everywhere!   :U

Hope yer better soon, Amber.  My brother and I had an influenza-like illness early in December.  Very achy body, fever, nausea, and incredible tiredness.   :mowtongue
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Valynth

I only suffered from the flu once to my memory, but it was like living hell, Vomit, shifting from hot to cold in the span of a few minutes, headaches, you name it I had it in that one week of time.  Of course that was back when I was only around 10 or so.  My memory doesn't go that far back and I've already progressed to repression and I've never had the flu since.  Though I have had the occasional cold bug.

Anyway, I hope you get well soon Amber.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

King Of Hearts

Of course miss Amber is sick sometimes, havent you seen her piece with th-- o wait... THAT kind of sick?

*offers Chicken soup for the Cartoonists' soul*

Sunblink

Awww, being sick is no fun. I know that from experience, and from being a wuss when it comes to stomach pains. :< Here's hoping you get better soon, Amber. *offers hugs*  :hug

~Keaton the Black Jackal

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Akisohida

There is a lesson here; when you sacrifice readers souls for artistic talent, keep a few in reserve to sacrifice in order to not get sick.
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

Madmann135

your not suppose to use chicken blood for the flu... your suppose to use white tiger whisker.

Kidding.

but still... I've been in a constant horrendous mood for the past 2+ years and I havn't cought any sort of cold for like 10 years.  And when I did catch a cold it didn't last very long.

Try a little lemon tea that helps a little.  Though there are a few flu reedies that are modern day but can make you gag.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Brunhidden

Quote from: superluser on February 22, 2007, 12:37:58 AM
(also--and you knew I had to do this--the runic appears to be ``grooble grooble pfft pfft blarp,'' if it's Futhark)

silly fluffy, everyone knows that Eldar Futhark runes have to be CARVED INTO HER FORHEAD and then the inscriptions are to be read backwards whilst inlaying the runes with a material such as the sap of an ash tree, menstrual blood, or meade thats been spat in. if the wounds start to fester be sure to wash it off in the traditional boiled ox urine for that extra authentic scandinavian first aid flair.

im impressed that anyone bothered to translate it, but this does prove that the artist which made this also knew Futhark. sadly eldar futhark is actually read right to left so it translates as " pralb tffp tffp elboorg elboorg". for all i know that could mean something.

wait, maybe its NOT Eldar Futhark! it could be a later script!
*spends twenty minutes trying to translate it to gothic futhark, norwegan futhark, egyptian roon, medieval rune script, drunken irishman, 'street' futhark, and pig-futhark*
well, the closest i can find is that if you really slur your norwegan it sounds like "rasberry gelatin desert, spanking with a boat oar"......... ya know, that works too.

QuoteWhere it is a duty to worship the sun it is pretty sure to be a crime to examine the laws of heat.
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Narethlian

*Holds up bottle of Pepto Bismol*
Here's to Mrs. Amber and hoping she feels better! Bottoms up!

-Nar

rt

:ill Oy yes there is a nasty one going around .. hope amber feels good soon  and doesn't get the worst of it  :ill

Yugo

-huggles the amber- I hope the Amber-lady feels better soon.  :mowsad
https://www.weasyl.com/~boximus<br /><br />My Weasyl!

Tezkat

Yeah, I definitely concur about all the nasty bugs going around. I've been stuck in bed myself with a bacterial bronchitis that just won't die.  :ill

I know how you must be feeling, Amber. Get well soon!  :mowcookie
The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

KarlOmega1

Oh snap! Amber with the flu? Geez, I hope she gets better.
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

Amber Williams

Amber here, got the ability for a quick update.

I'm not entirely sure what I have...though I'm somewhat doubtful its the full on flu since my throat/nose are unscathed (save for a slightly scratchy throat but nothing terrible)  Whatever I got, hit me right in the stomach and also seemed to disable my sense of balance.   Which was a horrible combination since everytime I tried to make a break for the bathroom, I had the issue of getting queezy or near blacking out.

I'm doing a bit better now, in the sense I can sit up for a couple hours at a time.  But things are still a bit bleh.

Kenji

Sorry you have an imperfect immune system. :< We'll try to send you a wheelchair and a bedpan to assist you in your time of need.  :harley

ardaron

Quote from: Akisohida on February 22, 2007, 08:54:53 AM
There is a lesson here; when you sacrifice readers souls for artistic talent, keep a few in reserve to sacrifice in order to not get sick.

I've got it!  We can start a help-Amber-get-better soul-drive!  You can have mine, if it helps.  *puts soul in a cardboard box labelled "Amber wellness fund"*

I really hope you feel better soon.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Get out of there!

... And whoever wrote this on here can just bog off, as well. :-P
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

superluser

Quote from: Amber Williams on February 22, 2007, 05:36:27 PMI'm not entirely sure what I have...though I'm somewhat doubtful its the full on flu since my throat/nose are unscathed (save for a slightly scratchy throat but nothing terrible)  Whatever I got, hit me right in the stomach and also seemed to disable my sense of balance.   Which was a horrible combination since everytime I tried to make a break for the bathroom, I had the issue of getting queezy or near blacking out.

That's no good.  The flu doesn't typically have otolaryngological symptoms, anyways, so it could still be the flu.  Given your symptoms, I'm wondering if it might not be food poisoning.  Food poisoning tends to have an ``everybody out of the pool; all exits now!'' quality to it, which the flu doesn't often have. (food poisoning symptoms)

I'm no doctor, but based on what I've been reading, I'd suggest plenty of fluids and possibly something with electrolytes and/or glucose to keep yourself from dehydrating.

GabrielsThoughts

honey, eat lots and lots of honey...or sugar. both work equally well in making you feel better when you're sick.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

superluser

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on February 22, 2007, 07:59:13 PMhoney, eat lots and lots of honey...or sugar. both work equally well in making you feel better when you're sick.

I don't know what Amber's present relationship to solids is, but she might try diluting honey in water, thus getting both fluids and glucose (31% of honey according to Wikipedia).  Maybe add a pinch of salt for electrolytes, and she's in business!

Brunhidden

sounds more like a gastral virus then a flu- which is just as well cause my cold and flu remedy would make someone with a stomach bug hurl.

what is my cold and flu remedy? a shot glass full of lemon juice, repeat every 2-3 hours as nessesary.

*is abused by photobucket*

Quotemmmmm, chowder

Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.