Cybernations

Started by llearch n'n'daCorna, February 18, 2007, 07:38:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

llearch n'n'daCorna

Yes, we're on CN. We've been on CN for, well, in my case, 561 days.

Purple. Look for DMFA, or here...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tezkat

Yessss... join ussss....

We can supply your nation with aids and many opportunities for technology-based prostitution. >:]

Also, it might be helpful to read the (already outdated ) guide I wrote.
The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Hmm. We now have A Rock and House Karlov as new members.

Has anyone else had these identify themselves to us? Otherwise I'm likely to point out that they're using us as defense, and it might behoove ourselves to find out who the hell they are, before someone decides they're persona non grata and hammers us as a result...

And then there's the "hmm. One of those isn't purple..." thing...

Tezkat

A rock is fisherman. He's one of the leaders of The West Side Thugs in Galava and came over to visit us in CN. :3

House Karlov is Ganurath. You kinda welcomed him over a few posts up. :animesweat

:mowtongue

Ganurath

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 07, 2008, 04:03:56 AMAnd then there's the "hmm. One of those isn't purple..." thing...
I'm a deal away from Affluent Citizens. You expect me to give that up?
NGGYU NGLYD NGRAADY NGMYC NGSG NGTALAHY

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Ganurath on July 07, 2008, 04:37:27 PM
I'm a deal away from Affluent Citizens. You expect me to give that up?

No, of course not. It was just that there was two newbies, and only one of whom had identified himself. Since the purple one looked like a freeloader, my paranoia came leaping up out of the woodwork.

Nothing personal, mind. ;-]

As for the whiteness, I was merely curious. Since you've satisfied my curiosity, we can all go back to sleep now. ;-]

lucas marcone

i'm back, my nation is the celtic republic or something to the sort.

lucas marcone

Event Date Event Expiration Event Description Response Options Current Response
7/10/2008
8/9/2008  There has been a terrorist attack in the center of your capital city killing many citizens.  Option selected. See Current Response.  Option 2: Increase security on all public buildings. Citizen income -$4.00.

the other option was use the military to search the perpetratiors out but that ment a pop happiness of -2

damn terrorists i knew i should have been a polar society

lucas marcone

...i just now noticed an oversite that is going to make me restart my nation. my name isn't what it should be. instead of the Celtic republic it's "the Celtic republ"

Tezkat

Grr... no bites yet on the Fish-Uranium front... and I'm already three days overdue to buy my wonder. I'm almost ready to skip the Manhattan Project this month and pick up a Great Monument or something. :<

lucas marcone

if i get uranium as a starting resource i'll pop you a trade till you can find a more reliable trade

Darkdragon

QuoteThe housing market is falling, destroying wealth and confidence in the process.

Option 1: Ride out the situation and hope that it gradually comes back to normal. Population happiness -2.
Option 2: Pass legislation to overhaul the lending market. Population happiness +1, Citizen income -$3.00.
Population happiness -3.
I got this event twice... at the same time...

lucas marcone

i would ride it out but that's just me

Ganurath

Apparently I've been attacked by a rogue nation. Is this the part where the Elysium Protectorate thing kicks in, or is this a small time thing that the alliance handles itself?

Tezkat

Heh.

No, this is not something we need to call in allies for. I doubt they'd have many nations weak enough to hit the guy anyway.

This is the part where we rain millions in aid down on you, you instantly grow to ten times his size, and then you beat the living crap out of him on your own. >:]

What to do...

Accept aid.
Go DEFCON 1.
Buy lots of infra, troops, tanks, and missiles.
(I'd bring tech up a bit too to give yourself a buffer.)
Go medieval on his backside.
Rinse and repeat.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Sing out if you need my aid being sent...

Tezkat

Dude... don't just take the cash and sit on it so he can raid it from you. Use it to rebuild and hit him back! :animesweat

$3 million should give you hundreds of infra at that size, which would give you a fairly sizable military capacity compared to your attacker. Deploy something like twice his military forces and keep the rest at home to protect yourself.

Ganurath

Quote from: Tezkat on August 01, 2008, 03:13:40 PM
Dude... don't just take the cash and sit on it so he can raid it from you. Use it to rebuild and hit him back! :animesweat
Yeah... I had sent a peace offering to him before coming here because I thought you guys would handle it. By the time I got back on the game, he had already accepted, and I can't go Punisher mode until the 3rd. In the meantime, though, he'll probably drop his guard and revert to Defcon 5.

Tezkat

Oh, hmm... well... coming back to beat the guy up after offering and getting peace would seem rather vindictive and unsportsmanlike. :animesweat

Carry on then. Oh, and you might want to buy a fighter plane or two so you can participate in the wargames this weekend. :3

Ganurath

Tezkat

Ahem.

Note that the exercise has been pushed back to Monday...

Ganurath

Quote from: Tezkat on August 01, 2008, 05:12:44 PM
Oh, hmm... well... coming back to beat the guy up after offering and getting peace would seem rather vindictive and unsportsmanlike. :animesweat
So, in short, very me. Emphasis on the vindictive part.

Kasarn

The New Pacific Order (NPO) has complete sovereignty over the Red sphere. They don't protect raiders, but if it came to it, you would need a screenshot of the original war as evidence.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: deadeye13456
Hello I was woundering if you were the leader of ur alliance.If so please reply to the message if not please send me the nation name of the leader in your alliance.

thanx -Deadeye-

Quote from: llearch
We have no leader, we're a syndo-anarchist commune.

What were you wanting them for?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Ooo, these guys don't take subtle.

sent at 11:07:58
Yes im Glad you got back to me in such good timeing, I come From Nebula-X another Purple alliance with 40 members in it and with your 10+ members we can grow together and become a very powerful in this world in Cybernations on planet bob. I come from nebula asking you if you would be interested in mergeing into Nebula-X? This is what we can offer to you, We are in the biggest Purple bloc of protection and with both our alliances together we hopefully can rule a Senate seat together as one purple alliance, We at Nebula offer you an elite offer no one else can offer you, We offer protection with the biggest purple bloc in the game our alliance color to be Purple (witch we both are) and we offer your active government officers great and mighty jobs such as Ministers and senate seats. And all we ask you to do is change ur AA to Nebula-X and you will still have Admin powers on our alliance forums and power in our governmnet. Please I ask you please dont turn this Great offer down.

And at 11:08:28:
Now befor you decline this offer think long and hard about this, dont you want power? Protection and peace within our strongly governed alliance that you hold power in? just take a step back and look outside the box and think power in al alliance over 500k strength and 60+ members isn't our goal in life with in this game to suceed and be on top of the world of planet bob? If you are elite like the rest of us in Nebula please accept this offer we can give all your government members strong governing positions.

Get back to me as soon as you can atleast pm me back to work out a deal.

thanx -Deadeye-

Anyone think this might be a good idea?

Ganurath

How would it impact our Elysium Protectorate status?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Poorly, I suspect.

I wasn't planning on answering positively. Amongst other things, they're barely 1/3rd purple, the alliance has only been there for 33 days, the oldest person in it is only 91 days old, they seem to have a lot of wars, and "mod powers" on their forum isn't actually a selling point...

Oh, and if we don't have a govt now, why would we want one with them?

Darkdragon

My suggestion is to reply with something along the lines of this:
"I sincerely regret that we must turn down such an offer. We prefer to stay a coalition of confederated states rather than gain various administrative duties on a forum which we would have to acquaint ourselves to. I would also like to remind you we are also signatories of the Pegasus agreement as of the original announcement on the Sixth of May, anno Domini 2008. I will also ask you, in the future, to please refrain from attempting to recruit our alliance; such cooperation is much appreciated. Have a good day."

Also, according to the Pegasus Code of Conduct, they have until August 16th to have 60% of their members in Purple.

Tezkat

As fellow (and older, I might add) Pegasus members, we're practically MDoAPed to them anyway. And their designs on a Senate seat probably, however impractical, wouldn't sit well with the powers that be in Poseidon (the guys now protecting them... :animesweat). They do... um... know that, right?

Ah, well... ambition is a virtue until it becomes annoying or dangerous. Just send them a polite "Thanks, but no thanks."

Valynth

Quote from: Tezkat on August 09, 2008, 02:56:22 PM
Ah, well... ambition is a virtue until it becomes annoying or dangerous. Just send them a polite "Thanks, but no thanks."

Spelling and grammar are also virtues, but these guys don't seem to care about them.

I vote that we ignore their request.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)