2007/01/22 Told you minibars are evil!

Started by superluser, January 21, 2007, 11:34:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShiningShadow

But you have to see it that Wildly is part of Biggs plan that she is willing to stop him at any cost. I think she the kind of evil with a soft spot for those things to be right.

Manawolf

She does tend towards neutral more, but she is still chaotic in her dealings, as she is just as likely to help a friend as she is to hurt them.

gothtk14

Stygian

Quote from: Alondro on January 22, 2007, 10:58:42 AM
*Charline hmms... hmmmmms*  Biggs is getting too good at being ebil.  I'll have to add him to the list of competitors to exterminate once all the piece of MY plan are in place.   >:3 

*Charles erfs*  Now Wildy is being held hostage.  I guess this means they'll have to head back to Twink Territories for round 2.   ;)

Hardly. We've got a position for Biggs as coordinator in Hades once he's done his business. His soul is ours.

Oh, and I predict that Wildy will either be Fed-exed back to them, wrapped up and marked to Hell, or recovered in a broom closet at the Lost Lake.

gothtk14

Quote from: Stygian on January 22, 2007, 12:45:00 PM
Quote from: Alondro on January 22, 2007, 10:58:42 AM
*Charline hmms... hmmmmms*  Biggs is getting too good at being ebil.  I'll have to add him to the list of competitors to exterminate once all the piece of MY plan are in place.   >:3 

*Charles erfs*  Now Wildy is being held hostage.  I guess this means they'll have to head back to Twink Territories for round 2.   ;)

Hardly. We've got a position for Biggs as coordinator in Hades once he's done his business. His soul is ours.

Oh, and I predict that Wildy will either be Fed-exed back to them, wrapped up and marked to Hell, or recovered in a broom closet at the Lost Lake.

???

Manawolf

No, no, Hades is where slothful people go, Hell is for the lawful evils and devils.  The Abyss is where Wildy might be sent, plenty of demons there.  There's a key difference between the Chaotic Evil Demons and the Lawful Evil Devils: the former wish to destroy everything, and the latter wish to rule everything.  It is due to these differing agendas that the two sides fight one another, for evil is unable to possess true friends, only allies and minions with similar goals, and everyone else is either their enemy, or a possible candidate for corruption and assimilation.

Regal

Oh Wildy, how disappointing. You're really off your game lately.

superluser

Quote from: Manawolf on January 22, 2007, 12:30:29 PMShe does tend towards neutral more, but she is still chaotic in her dealings, as she is just as likely to help a friend as she is to hurt them.

I dunno.  Chaotic evil does what's evil, no matter how it affects her.  Chaotic neutral maybe. I think she's more Neutral evil or True evil.  She does whatever benefits her, not whatever is evil.  She wouldn't kick a puppy, for example.

Quote from: Manawolf on January 22, 2007, 01:06:34 PMThere's a key difference between the Chaotic Evil Demons and the Lawful Evil Devils: the former wish to destroy everything, and the latter wish to rule everything.

No, a lawful evil character can just as easily be an evil minion as a leader.  For example, Mathieu Golovinski is pretty much the embodiment of lawful evil, and he strove to ensure that no one knew who he was.

P.S. I tend more towards Chaotic Good.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

GabrielsThoughts

what was in that drink, the jiggly puff special...unfortunately Biggs forgot that once she wakes up she'll send lorenda over to deal with him. 
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Prof B Hunnydew

OMG, Guys Guys,
  Could Biggs just want Wildy out of the ways for his BIG PLANS?  She may try to stop him, if she really knew what he is up to.  Also Dan not being at SAIA, was not part of the plan.  Destania may want or need Dan not to be running around loose.  He may get into his head to try and stop this or that part of the war/plan of Biggs.  Now, that Wildy is capture, Dan will be occupied rescuing her and not trying to stop something else.

PBH.

Xss

Ooooh, that's so eeeviiiiil! And Bigg's face in the last panel!  :mwaha
Another "one of the best DMFA's moments ever"! Brilliant, genius, great!

Sienna Maiu - M T

I presume that Biggs just wants to knock Wildy out as form of his good bye.
I can only assume that he's going to ship her on out of there, but then again she may just wake-up and be all alone, while he's off to make his get-away.
*shrugs*
Only time will tell.

ShiningShadow

Quote from: Prof B Hunnydew on January 22, 2007, 02:05:48 PM
OMG, Guys Guys,
  Could Biggs just want Wildy out of the ways for his BIG PLANS?  She may try to stop him, if she really knew what he is up to.  Also Dan not being at SAIA, was not part of the plan.  Destania may want or need Dan not to be running around loose.  He may get into his head to try and stop this or that part of the war/plan of Biggs.  Now, that Wildy is capture, Dan will be occupied rescuing her and not trying to stop something else.

PBH.

I said the same here. And PBH you are right on this one there will be a war and Dan with Abel will be smacked dab in the middle of it either that or have blueberry muffins mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm muffins.

GabrielsThoughts

Dammit I knew the APF team should have destroyed  Biggs plans before it had the chance to appear in a storyline...they know everyhing after all, so thay had to have known of his plans.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Eibborn

I don't think that Wildy is evil at all. At least, no more than any real person. She may hit and threaten people, but there's a difference  between 'evil' and 'mean.' Wildy doesn't tolerate nonsense if it gets in the way of what she thinks is the correct course of action, sure. But what she thinks is the correct course of action is generally something that would generally be classified as 'good.'
It seems that the rules she learned when growing up followed those that elementary school-boys learn- you hit each other when you've got a reason, and then tomorrow head on over to the guys house and play video games for hours. No serious grudges.

This is, of course, excepting the time when she took over Lost Lake. But we don't talk about that, do we? ;)

On another note, has anyone else noticed the title for this story arc?
"I'm getting married in the morning!
Ding dong! The bells are gonna chime.
Pull out the stopper! Let's have a whopper!
But get me to the church on time!"

/kicks the internet over

superluser

Quote from: Eibbor_N on January 22, 2007, 07:11:56 PMBut what she thinks is the correct course of action is generally something that would generally be classified as 'good.'

O RLY?

Eibborn

Well, yes. You don't really think that she'd cut them off if she caught him, do you? He's her best friend, and she's joking with him. If she really had wanted the wings, and was evil, she could have broken in and hacked them off when he was asleep or something.

That is, of course, just my take on the character. I could very well be way off from what Amber intended.
/kicks the internet over

llearch n'n'daCorna

I believe it's generally agreed (or at least proposed on the forum and nobody objected, which is the same thing, right? :-) ) that her intention at that point was to bounce Dan out of his funk, which she achieved admirably rapidly.

Any additional fun had running about madly with a switch-blade cleaver is purely coincidental... :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

superluser

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 22, 2007, 08:14:19 PMAny additional fun had running about madly with a switch-blade cleaver is purely coincidental... :-)

You sure about that? (note: I'm talking about Dan's comments in the last one.)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: superluser on January 22, 2007, 08:31:17 PM

Yup.

In order:
1) Her task was to a) heal Dan, and b) shut Azlan the F up. The fact that she enjoyed it is irrelevant, since nowhere did I say she wasn't allowed to enjoy herself.
2) No malice intended, she was just having fun. Sure, Jyrras was annoyed, but he's still around, so it can't be that bad, and he still considers her a friend, even after the whole book thing.
3) She knew Dan would dodge all of them. Heck, he managed to dodge Aaryanna for a while there, and we know he's good at DDR. I see no problem here...
4) warnings and deadlines aside, has she actually permanently killed anyone?

Sure, we -know- she winds people up. We -know- she enjoys herself.

Heck, we know she enjoys herself at the expense of others around her. No arguments about that, at all. I'm just saying, she's not quite as bad as she wants to be seen to be, IMHO.

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

superluser

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 22, 2007, 08:38:33 PM1) Her task was to a) heal Dan, and b) shut Azlan the F up. The fact that she enjoyed it is irrelevant, since nowhere did I say she wasn't allowed to enjoy herself.

Well, that would presume that she knows that beating Azlan up would help Dan, and I don't think that she knows what emotions Dan feeds on, even now.

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 22, 2007, 08:38:33 PMI'm just saying, she's not quite as bad as she wants to be seen to be, IMHO.

Fair enough.

(I should be off starting a new comic thread, but I really want someone else to do it this time.)

Aridas

Quote from: superluser on January 22, 2007, 08:31:17 PM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 22, 2007, 08:14:19 PMAny additional fun had running about madly with a switch-blade cleaver is purely coincidental... :-)
Your "you" just has the option anyone would take. about the whole emotion feeding thing, I think this wasn't even when things like that were thought of and used as canon. your "sure" has jyrras threatening wildy, rather than the other way around, your "about" has wildy being surprised, yet not killing anyone, and your "that" seems more like a crack at wildy than anything >.>

Eibborn

And remember- violence is funny. In two of your four examples, the violence or threatening was the punch line. In the other two, it was the setup. It doesn't change the fact that it was perpetrated, but if this weren't a comedy strip they would be toned down by quite a bit. Most of it wouldn't have happened at all, actually.
/kicks the internet over

ShiningShadow

As my knowledge of Wildly she is cool  to a point. I know she tends to be this way that's Wildly you can't blame her for her character. And she is a old softee at heart that is something I like most about Wildly her heart is in the right place.

AndersW

Even if her fists aren't.

I think that now that Destania knows that Dan isn't at SAIA, she wants to talk to him.  So Biggs kidnaps Wildy in an attempt to get Dan to come to Twink Territories.  It takes X hours to get to Twink Territories, no mater how fast you run.  So Biggs will account for this time in his plan.  That is where the plan will go south.  Dan has Fi, a Warp-Aci to take him to Twink Territories like that.  Dan showing up X hours early and possibly skipping most of Biggs security could totally screw up the plan Biggs has.  And all hell breaks loose.

GabrielsThoughts

I would like to thank rafe for his inspirational work of madness, and what better way than to post this...

larger image

ShiningShadow

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on January 23, 2007, 10:00:58 AM
I would like to thank rafe for his inspirational work of madness, and what better way than to post this...

larger image

I love it  :giggle :giggle .

superluser

Quote from: AndersW on January 23, 2007, 09:39:23 AMDan has Fi, a Warp-Aci to take him to Twink Territories like that.

Dan does not presently have Fi.  Also, Dan wouldn't necessarily think to use it.  The only reason that I mention that fact is that it would be a typical plot device to see Dan preparing to hike over to Twink Territories when Fi warps back and reminds Dan that he doesn't have to walk.

It's worth noting that there's also Pyroduck.  I don't know how he figures into this, but no one knows that he's there, and that fact might throw a wrench into the gears.

P.S. GabrielsThoughts: A visual of my  previous guess as to what Wildy will look like

ShiningShadow

Quote from: superluser on January 23, 2007, 10:10:43 AM
Quote from: AndersW on January 23, 2007, 09:39:23 AMDan has Fi, a Warp-Aci to take him to Twink Territories like that.

Dan does not presently have Fi.  Also, Dan wouldn't necessarily think to use it.  The only reason that I mention that fact is that it would be a typical plot device to see Dan preparing to hike over to Twink Territories when Fi warps back and reminds Dan that he doesn't have to walk.

It's worth noting that there's also Pyroduck.  I don't know how he figures into this, but no one knows that he's there, and that fact might throw a wrench into the gears.

P.S. GabrielsThoughts: A visual of my  previous guess as to what Wildy will look like

A very good close guess i love it anyway.

Manawolf

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on January 23, 2007, 10:00:58 AM

larger image

Someone's been hanging around Jack forums and getting into the Remix.