Sailor Steeler -- More than you want to know

Started by Destina Faroda, November 11, 2005, 07:27:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Destina Faroda

Well, once again I am hitting my head against a wall with just about every project I try, so I've decided to do something nonsensical and tell you all about my avatar, Sailor Steeler.

Let's begin with the basics.  Sailor Steeler is my personal fan-made mascot of the Pittsburgh Steelers.  Though the Steelers have the Terrible Towel, they don't have any cheerleaders, and so I made her to take their role.  She represents the team spirit.  When they win she is strong; when they lose she is weak.   Sailor Steeler, as her name and uniform suggest, is also a Sailor Scout.  For those unfamilar to the show "Sailor Moon," Sailor Scouts are what the protagonists are called.  Each of the Sailor Scouts represents a planet, and is specialized in attacking with a magical, usually elemental energy.  However, because the NFL Scouts represent the National Football League, the Scouts represent the various teams in the NFL rather than planets.

Appearance:  The sprite and this image sum it up.  Short, Steeler gold hair with an extremely long twin strands of gold and black hair intertwining accompanied by big black eyes.  She wears a Sailor Scout uniform with black bows, a golden collar and button in the middle of the front bow, a skirt that alternates between black and gold, and high black boots with a gold trim.  She wields a golden staff with the Steelers' hypocycloids on it (and presumably, the entire logo in a "real" version).   Sometimes, she carries a football as well.

Personality:  Though her strength fluctuates every given Sunday, she is athletic, cheerful, friendly, optimistic, competent, confident and compassionate.  In other words, she's the anti-Nang (or anti-Destina, if you prefer).  Even when times get rough she never loses hope, and she tries to get along with all the other NFL Scouts, seeing their weekly skirmishes as friendly rivalries.

Powers:  Since the Steelers are  football team, Sailor Steeler has access to every player's abilities.  As an NFL Scout, her powers operate on the physical level more than other Scouts.

Note:  I'm not sure if I should go with the dub or original style attack names for these moves, so I'll just wing it.

"Steeler Spin Attack!"--  Spinning like the Tazmanian Devil, Sailor Steelers becomes a human tornado, that attacks the opponent, often forcing intereceptions.

"Steeler Kick!" --  A superkick of sorts, Sailor Steeler kicks like a kicker to knock the opponent out and to knock the ball through the posts.

"Big Money!  Big Money!" --  Sailor Steeler magically summons the Big Wheel from the Price is Right and spins it  with accompantying sound effect.  It lands on 83, and a huge, gold 83 drops onto the opponent.  (Yes, I know "Big Money" is from Wheel of Fortune, but the Price Is Right works so much better.)

"Eighty-Six-ed!" -- One of Sailor Steelers finishers, it's really a combination of moves.  First she she charges at the enemy, then she pushes them with a powerful block, knocking them into the air.  She turns around and catches a football, then runs into opponent, ramming them all the way to the end zone.

"Time's Up" --  Another of Sailor Steeler's finishers, this one involving her staff.  First she swings the staff and twirls it vertically, the Steelers; logo detaching from it and enlarging in the background.  Sailor Steeler disape and the staff, now split in twain, make up the hands of a clocktower.  A silhouette of a football flies past the clocktower's face, then down to Sailor Steeler and her opponent.  She runs to the other side of the opponent and leaps into the air to catch the ball.  Once her feet touch the ground with the ball in possession, it triggers a flash of white and sparkles that destroys the opponent.

Crap, all this writing has worn me out.
Sig coming...whenever...