1/11/11: 'Ja miss me?

Started by bill, January 11, 2007, 08:10:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valynth

Quote from: superluser on January 12, 2007, 12:10:25 AM
Huh?  How?  By electrocution?  I think you'll note that the toaster seems to be unplugged.  By heat?  Pip's a drake.  He's practically immune to fire.  By getting a head jammed into an uncomfortable position?  This cute cat story suggests not.

...Why does everyone miss the rare moments that I attempt humour?

Anyway, I noted the lack of a cord and figured it might somehow be battery or magic powered.  Hmmm, magic toasted bread....Yummy....
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Aridas

At least it's not a magical toast producing toaster.

superluser

Quote from: Valynth on January 12, 2007, 01:47:55 AM...Why does everyone miss the rare moments that I attempt humour?

Anyway, I noted the lack of a cord and figured it might somehow be battery or magic powered.  Hmmm, magic toasted bread....Yummy....

Maybe magic, though that wouldn't fit as well with the general idiom of Mab being confounded by technology.  Definitely not batteries, though.  A toaster runs on roughly a kilowatt.  If you toast your bread for 60 seconds, you're looking at 60 kJ.  By my calculations, a size D battery holds a charge of roughly 85.1 kJ.  So that's one D battery for every 85.1 seconds of toasting.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Valynth

Quote from: superluser on January 12, 2007, 02:16:37 AM
Maybe magic, though that wouldn't fit as well with the general idiom of Mab being confounded by technology.

Considering Mab's not the one with her head stuck in the toaster, which would be far more likely if it was a run-of-the-mill toaster, my hypothesis may yet be valid.  Even though fitting her head into such a space would take a miracle(and defy all that is physical science), I think we can count on Mab to achieve it somehow for the simple sake of humour.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Madd the Sane

You forget what a Fae is capable of.  :giggle
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Madd the Sane on January 11, 2007, 09:35:00 PM
When she reads it, she will probably go to Abel and demand to know exactly what happened.
Also, Merlitz will see it, realize that he totally forgot about the interview, go to Lost Lake and ask Alexi where the other feline that looks like him went.

I agree with you on Merlitz, but Alexsi has surely been filled in on how the interview was being handled.  Remember, it was Wildy and Mab's plan, and they were the ones who went to rescue her.  If the interview was as important to Alexsi as it seems to be she would have been asking for details almost as soon as they found her.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Zedd

Well lets say Alexi gets no lovings on the way back home

Fex

hehe I wonder how Pip Toast taste? :mowcookie I bet that Amber has a few other things ready to shock/suprise us.

*looks at the time in the topic title '1/11/11'* AAAAAAHHHHHH TOPIC OF THE FUTURE RUN 'A' *runs fast against a wall*

ShiningShadow

Alexsi gets no love at Lost Lake. The toaster issue is just an ordinary toaster that maybe it runs on a very weird power source like Electricity. Anyway I'm waiting for Dan to talk to Jyrass about his *Faux Pas*.

MT Hazard

Alexsi's put out expressions are very well done.

Oh and on the subject of the way Alexsi is leaning against the bar, something Iv often wondered (I'll understand if you don't get the connection) is to what degree Testosterone and Oestrogen influence behaviour.  Do women classed as 'tomboys' grow up with more Testosterone in their bodies ? Do sensitive men (or Gay men for that matter) have more Oestrogen ? or is it more environment that determines these things ? For the moment I'm choosing to ignore her Amazon heritage for a moment, but i imagine growing up around an ex-adventurer and a succubus must of done something to.

Oh the joys of theoretical exercises..
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Tapewolf

Quote from: MT Hazard on January 12, 2007, 07:53:18 AM
Do sensitive men (or Gay men for that matter) have more Oestrogen ?
Increasing the testosterone level was one of the things that was tried during various insane government experiments to 'cure' homosexuals during the 50s and 60s.
It did not work.  Apparently it didn't make them any less gay, but it did make them more er, 'frisky'.

MT Hazard

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 12, 2007, 08:03:53 AM
Quote from: MT Hazard on January 12, 2007, 07:53:18 AM
Do sensitive men (or Gay men for that matter) have more Oestrogen ?
Increasing the testosterone level was one of the things that was tried during various insane government experiments to 'cure' homosexuals during the 50s and 60s.
It did not work.  Apparently it didn't make them any less gay, but it did make them more er, 'frisky'.

They should of guessed that would happen, I was thinking more of during development (ages 12-18 possibly) but if you even suggested trying to 'cure' gays now you'd be buried in lawsuits and perhaps cause a couple of 'pride' parades. after all there is a suggestion that homosexuality occurs in animals as well, so it isn't unnatural. Given overpopulation I'm surprised it isn't more excepted...
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Alan Garou

So that's why Pip hasn't been bugging them. But how the heck did he get stuck there in the first place?  :confused I'm looking at you, Dan. 

Psaakyrn

Or maybe the kidnappers did that so Pip wouldn't be biting them all the way back to Twink Territories (or biting their warp-aci, if they used that instead).
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

Turnsky

maybe pip was looking for some Toast for Aaryanna.. 

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Akisohida

You will notice Alexi is asking how the INterview went and Abel is answering. So does not need to flip out because she knows it went well. :)
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

rt

:erk *sees a toaster pip held by mab in the last pannel*
*reads comic*
:mwaha :giggle :mowdizzy I guess that does explain the absent Pip .. and how deliciously random  :mowhappy

Quote from: Psaakyrn on January 12, 2007, 12:12:27 AM
On a random note.. Are they so heavy that they have to be rested on the bar counter, or is it just an Alexi-specific behaviour? (Ok, so I'm male and have no inkling of female behaviour..)

Resting 'them' nicely on the counter as you lean over seems much more comfortable to me than having them jammed between you and the counter edge to me. [Alexi seems standing belly up to the bar and leaning way over, rather than sitting back and touching the edge to me]

Stygian

...which again begs the question; just how tall are the characters?

ShiningShadow

Quote from: Stygian on January 12, 2007, 11:31:19 AM
...which again begs the question; just how tall are the characters?

Maybe if we asked Amber about the height of the characters she will supply them to us right? Yeah right. I'm guessing Alexsi is maybe around 5'9 or 6ft tall in the sense of the counter at Lost Lake. But it's funny as hell you see Pip stuck head first in the toaster.

Psaakyrn

Quote from: rt on January 12, 2007, 11:29:06 AM
:erk *sees a toaster pip held by mab in the last pannel*
*reads comic*
:mwaha :giggle :mowdizzy I guess that does explain the absent Pip .. and how deliciously random  :mowhappy

Quote from: Psaakyrn on January 12, 2007, 12:12:27 AM
On a random note.. Are they so heavy that they have to be rested on the bar counter, or is it just an Alexi-specific behaviour? (Ok, so I'm male and have no inkling of female behaviour..)

Resting 'them' nicely on the counter as you lean over seems much more comfortable to me than having them jammed between you and the counter edge to me. [Alexi seems standing belly up to the bar and leaning way over, rather than sitting back and touching the edge to me]

But based on the angle of her arms, she's leaning WAY down. Note that they're bent over 45 degrees, in fact, at that angle she might as well fold her arms and rest her head on top, except that I suspect they might get in the way..

[EDIT:She's probably sitting down, based on comparison to http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_622.php ]
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

Aridas

I think she's probably just hunched over, because that's what annoyed people seem to do around here.

Nerikull

:erk

I'm not even sure I want to know how Pip got his head stuck in the toaster.

Though the story of that might be worth a few giggles!
--Nerikull Murakami
"When life hands you lemons, chuck them back until life hands you the winning lottery ticket!"

Angel

(Flashback)

Hmmhmmhmhmhmmm.... (reading the comic) ... (Pip/head/toaster) :D HAhahahahahaha!!!

OK. This comic has now officially made me laugh out loud (counts) somewhere around 40 or more times. I could think of more, but I'm too lazy to count them all. So accept the laughs I counted dammit!
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

ShiningShadow

It still cracks me up Pip in a toaster *snerk*.

Aridas

How many more times are you going to repeat yourself?

Aleolus

Oiyoioi.  Dan, right plan, wrong time. Abel, hiding from your problems doesn't help you solve them, and Alexsi, of course you were missed, no one acts like you the way you do, so it was a real strain for Dan to do it for as long as he did!

superluser

Quote from: Aleolus on January 12, 2007, 07:29:42 PMDan, right plan, wrong time. Abel, hiding from your problems doesn't help you solve them

(1) Actually, right time.  If Jyrras meets Alexsi before Dan can explain things, he'll be buried right beside him.
(2) It seems that Abel could take some of his own advice.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

ShiningShadow

Quote from: superluser on January 12, 2007, 07:37:42 PM
Quote from: Aleolus on January 12, 2007, 07:29:42 PMDan, right plan, wrong time. Abel, hiding from your problems doesn't help you solve them

(1) Actually, right time.  If Jyrras meets Alexsi before Dan can explain things, he'll be buried right beside him.
(2) It seems that Abel could take some of his own advice.

I could sense alot of smashing from Alexsi if she dosen't find out what Dan did. But with Abel's advice it the right choice.

Tapewolf

Quote from: superluser on January 12, 2007, 07:37:42 PM

I'm still wondering what's going to happen when Destania and Biggs do their 'final solution to the dragon problem' thing and thereby prove that Dan's racist outburst was in actual fact more-or-less correct...   :mwaha

Tiger_T

She's resting her head on her fists. Don't you see the fingers? Also she's moping over the lack of interest about her safe return everyone shows.
My guess would be that she's gotten filled in on the fact that Dan substituted her. So naturally she's inclined to know what the heck he and Abel told the reporters.

Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK