IMPORTANT NEWS AND INFORMATION!!!

Started by Damaris, January 11, 2007, 06:54:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aridas

it looks like this "quotefast" thing is broken while typing a reply, in the DMFA theme at least. I get no quote at all, as compared to the broken quote that i can copy-paste.

Gabi

Really? I use the DMFA theme and I still get the popup with the quote.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Aridas

Not in the message place, when you're replying, not using quick reply. "quote" is working on the topic's page and not in the post reply/preview section.

Oh, and sometimes threads seem to randomly not show me the (new) button and picture, even though a post has been made to a thread i haven't visited since the post. Not sure what that's about.

Tiger_T

Must be lokal. It works for me with DMFA-theme.
Well.. the 'quote' button on the forum does - the 'Insert Quote' one in the reply page doesn't.

But then again... I mentioned that on page one. :P
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

Aridas

you're saying it works but it doesn't work. make up your mind >.>

Tiger_T

:blankstare

This one: (located in the right corner aboth every post in any thread) works.

And the [Insert Quote]-link under [Topic Summary] in the [Post reply]-screen does not.

*sigh*
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

Aridas

Exactly. So why are you repeating it? I said mine in the posting area doesn't work, and then you went and said it did, followed by saying it didn't.

Tiger_T

I may have misinterpreted your description of the problem.
Tigriel's got a guest:

Kasarn

Well, the Banquet theme has a double hash sign in its CSS.

/* A code block - maybe even PHP ;). */
.code
{
color: ##C0C0C0;
background-color: #2F0101;
border: 1px solid black;
margin: 1px;
padding: 1px;
font-size: x-small;
}

Courtesy of Firefox's error console :B

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Xuzaf D

My spillcheck is brokin. Porbably from Me over using it,

DO SUMTHING!!!

superluser

Quote from: Warlike link=topic=1977.msg88938#msg88938
date=1171057439
My spillcheck is brokin. Porbably from Me over using it,

DO SUMTHING!!!

Or you could just upgrade to Firefox, which has a spiffy built in spellcheck.

Oh, all right.
Does something

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Xuzaf D

Roffle.

Nice. I give it four out of five kupo's.

:moogle :moogle :moogle :moogle

And two out of five kweh's.

:choco :choco

TheGreyRonin

...The hell was THAT?!?

Just took me ten minutes to get the forum to load. Tried from my bookmark, from the CVRPG site, and ffrom DMFA as well. Got either the stanard IE message about connecting to the internet, or a funky page saying it couldn't be accessed because the index page was missing.

Tapewolf

Quote from: TheGreyRonin on February 11, 2007, 04:16:26 PM
...The hell was THAT?!?
Just took me ten minutes to get the forum to load.

I assumed it was a routing problem.  If I wasn't the only one it may have been an actual outage.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

ITOS

It did seems to be down a few mins. Maybe they fixed something, like the +/- system or the spell checker. :confused
This generic comment was brought to you by:

superluser

Quote from: ITOS on February 11, 2007, 04:22:35 PMIt did seems to be down a few mins. Maybe they fixed something, like the +/- system or the spell checker. :confused

Well, karma's still down.  So is quotefast.  And the Spell Checker.  Er, whatever you were trying to do, it didn't work.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Wasn't me. Might have been something else, but it wasn't me updating things.

heck, I've got a test forum to test these things on, and the upload is ~30 secs or so, really, so you're unlikely to notice when I -do- update it. just so you know.

llearch n'n'daCorna

....just in case everyone missed it, I updated four parts of the system, and think that most everything should work now...

If there's anything I missed in my fixfest, please let me know...

xHaZxMaTx

I still can't quote. :cry  Er, use the quote button, anyway.

llearch n'n'daCorna

*cough* erm. I should point out here I've only worked on the DMFA theme.

So if, as Haz, you're using New Classic, you're out of luck. In the short term, anyway.

Once I get a week or so in this, and no complaints - or all fixed - I'll roll it out to the others. So it's coming, Haz. Sorry for the confusion...

xHaZxMaTx

Xuzaf D

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 11, 2007, 10:37:31 PM
*cough* erm. I should point out here I've only worked on the DMFA theme.
Dammit... I forgot the problems differ from theme to theme. I use CVRPG in case somebody wants to ficks mi spelcheck.

llearch n'n'daCorna

That should get fixed when the changes I've pushed through DMFA get parcelled out to all the others.

FWIW, it works for DMFA. So...

Damaris

Just so you all know, our server company does occasionally have issues.  It's not something you can really avoid on the internet.  Thankfully, this group is rather speedy about fixes, unlike some companies we've seen and/or worked with.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Xuzaf D

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on February 11, 2007, 11:18:20 PM
That should get fixed when the changes I've pushed through DMFA get parcelled out to all the others.

FWIW, it works for DMFA. So...

That would be awesome if I knew what a FWIW was. You computer people are so smart when it comes to pc terms.

Spell Check is still blank, even if there are obvious mistakes in my spelling. I think it's a problem.

Damaris

For what it's worth.

It took me a while to figure out too.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Warlike on February 11, 2007, 11:29:30 PM
That would be awesome if I knew what a FWIW was. You computer people are so smart when it comes to pc terms.

Spell Check is still blank, even if there are obvious mistakes in my spelling. I think it's a problem.

It will be. Unless you're testing with the DMFA theme, it will remain broken for the moment - basically, I'm screwing about with that one, and no others, until I'm happy we've got it sorted. once we've got it sorted, I'll upload those changes to all the various themes, and at -that- point, your spelling will start working. I think. Unless something else is broken.

Is that about what you wanted to hear, Warlike?

Xuzaf D

QuoteFor what it's worth.

It took me a while to figure out too.
It's not worth anything to me that you know what it means; I  want to know what it means...

oh... never mind...

QuoteIs that about what you wanted to hear, Warlike?
Yes. I wasn't making the connection to where you already fixed the one and that it should be working on the other. Maybe it's the term "parcelled out." I really don't hear that enough in my travels.

superluser

Quote from: Warlike on February 11, 2007, 11:29:30 PMThat would be awesome if I knew what a FWIW was. You computer people are so smart when it comes to pc terms.

You can always just say SMYOAALTS (this comic is SFW, but some of the others aren't): Spare Me Your Obnoxious Acronyms And Learn To Spell.

...Actually, that might be even more appropriate now.