1-8-7 Alright...

Started by Manawolf, January 07, 2007, 11:10:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anri

Quote from: MT Hazard on January 08, 2007, 10:23:25 AM
I kept wondering at what point between real world violence and cartoon violence DMFA is. Dan seems to recover in minute or so from light to medium physical trauma. Perhaps just because its annoying to have him limping and bleeding all the time.

Well, there is the whole living off nothing but ale bit! We can only assume that the 'cubi body is a bit more resilient to damage (or at least long term injury) along with all the other perks.

Turnsky

Quote from: Tikki on January 08, 2007, 10:25:41 PM
Quote from: MT Hazard on January 08, 2007, 10:23:25 AM
I kept wondering at what point between real world violence and cartoon violence DMFA is. Dan seems to recover in minute or so from light to medium physical trauma. Perhaps just because its annoying to have him limping and bleeding all the time.

Well, there is the whole living off nothing but ale bit! We can only assume that the 'cubi body is a bit more resilient to damage (or at least long term injury) along with all the other perks.

i still think it was Guinness and not ale that Dan's been living off all these years..

"Guinness, it's the perfect substitute for......food.." - Jack O'neill

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

superluser

Quote from: Turnsky on January 08, 2007, 10:52:57 PMi still think it was Guinness and not ale that Dan's been living off all these years..

You need a bit of variety, though.  Alternate with Ale Delirium Tremens?

Wasn't there a time when German beers were fortified with vitamins?  People weren't eating enough of other things, and so they started putting that stuff in beer?  I think the German purity laws either enforced or did away with it.

There was also the Diethylene Glycol scandal in Austria, where sone vintners started putting the stuff in their wine to make it sweeter.  They were found out when somebody noticed them listing it on their tax forms.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Turnsky

Quote from: superluser on January 08, 2007, 11:09:19 PM
Quote from: Turnsky on January 08, 2007, 10:52:57 PMi still think it was Guinness and not ale that Dan's been living off all these years..

You need a bit of variety, though.  Alternate with Ale Delirium Tremens?

Wasn't there a time when German beers were fortified with vitamins?  People weren't eating enough of other things, and so they started putting that stuff in beer?  I think the German purity laws either enforced or did away with it.

There was also the Diethylene Glycol scandal in Austria, where sone vintners started putting the stuff in their wine to make it sweeter.  They were found out when somebody noticed them listing it on their tax forms.

possibly, either way, it makes Dan's statement about Ale sound that bit more logical.  >:3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

ShiningShadow

Yep that is something Dan will say. I wonder if and when he will finally hone in on his powers and master them.

KarlOmega1

Quote from: Turnsky on January 08, 2007, 10:52:57 PM

bit off topic...but you watch Stargate sg-1?

Back on topic...If Dan's head is hard as I think, Abel might have hurt his hand...
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

Izkata

Doesn't everyone?  (Watch Stargate, that is.  Our goal is to complete the entire series before summer in the dorms.  We're on season 2 or 3 now...)

And that's probably why he's holding his hand that way  :mowtongue

LionHeart

I imagine most 'cubi would heal fairly quickly, being shapeshifters and all...
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Manawolf

Well that depends on whether a shapeshifter is able to easily seal up a wound caused by an outside force.  It could be that some wounds cause so much trauma to the area that the flesh becomes "inert" as it were, and has to wait till the wound heals naturally as magic and biological energies are returned to that area of the body.  That said, it may not be that hard to create weapons made to cause such wounds if they don't already occur naturally.

llearch n'n'daCorna

I expect Dan has a few.

He mentioned them whilst thinking what to do with Fa'Lina when she turned up...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

ShiningShadow

Who knows with Dan if he a fast learner on the new Cubi skills he will have to learn them and quickly if he has a chance to survive anything that is thrown at him. If he pulls this off then he has to accept his Cubi hertiage with open arms. That's why Arryana wanted Dan to be at SAIA in the first place.

superluser

Quote from: ShiningShadow on January 10, 2007, 12:41:16 PMIf he pulls this off then he has to accept his Cubi hertiage with open arms.

Not necessarily.  Wasn't that the point of Blade?

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

ShiningShadow

Quote from: superluser on January 10, 2007, 02:22:21 PM
Quote from: ShiningShadow on January 10, 2007, 12:41:16 PMIf he pulls this off then he has to accept his Cubi hertiage with open arms.

Not necessarily.  Wasn't that the point of Blade?

Yeah but in Dan's case he's fighting it not accepting who he really is. Adventurer or Succubi, I always believe if there is a change within you then you have to face it, try to understand it and master it. I know the saying *saying it and doing it is two different things* That's why Dan should stop this resistance of who he is and accept it and try to make it better on himself and those around him.