South Park was right! Again! O_O

Started by Alondro, January 01, 2007, 04:36:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alondro

No way... how do they know?  How do the always know!   :U

Taken from an article talking about George Lucas' grand marsheling of the Rose Bowl parade:  http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061230/ap_on_en_mo/people_rose_parade_george_lucas_1

9 paragraphs down, we find this horror of horrors!

Lucas said he will team up again with actor        Harrison Ford and director        Steven Spielberg for the highly anticipated fourth installment of the "Indian Jones" movies. Filming will begin next year and the movie will be released in May 2008.

Another prediction of South Park has come to pass!  Matt Stone and Trey Parker have cosmic powers... it is the only answer.   :erk
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Gornemant

wow, isn't Harrison Ford, like, old now  :U
Well as long as they don't make remakes of the old ones and add special effects I guess it's only half that bad  :3

superluser

Quote from: Gornemant on January 01, 2007, 04:44:42 PMwow, isn't Harrison Ford, like, old now  :U

Old or not, he's still extremely attractive.  Unlike Sean Connery, who looked like an orangutan when he played Bond, but has become much more attractive in older age.  Sophia Loren, 71, is in the Pirelli calendar this year.

(P.S. Just because I think someone's attractive doesn't mean I'm attracted to him)

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Gornemant

Quote from: superluser on January 01, 2007, 05:06:33 PM
(P.S. Just because I think someone's attractive doesn't mean I'm attracted to him)
... *snickers*
well, as long as he kicks ass   :boogie

Zina

Haven't they been planning this for a while now? If not, then there's been a lot of rumors about a fourth Indian Jones film for almost two years now.

Gareeku

Quote from: Zina on January 01, 2007, 05:17:30 PM
Haven't they been planning this for a while now? If not, then there's been a lot of rumors about a fourth Indian Jones film for almost two years now.

Yeah, I heard about this at least 2 years ago (my friend is a film geek).

Blazehawk

I wonder if they will still have to staple Harrison Ford's hat to his head...  :B

Alondro

Even if the rumors began two years ago, the South Park "Raiders" episode was from 2003!  They STILL predicted it!  I forsee Ewokes chasing Indy through the jungle...  :erk
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

Fex

Amber Williams

From what I remember hearing, the movie had been in plans for a long time now...and was set to take place many years after the original Indian Jone trilogy with a much older Indy.

Turnsky

Quote from: Amber Panyko on January 02, 2007, 04:22:30 AM
From what I remember hearing, the movie had been in plans for a long time now...and was set to take place many years after the original Indian Jone trilogy with a much older Indy.

"Raiders of the lost bedpan?"
"Indiana Jones and the Last nursing home?"

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Saist

um... you do know that Harrison joked a long time ago (2003 and 2004) that if George didn't hurry it up and finalize the script, Sean Connery would be too hold to play his dad? Did you also know that George stated Indiana Jones was on the cards after he finished "Episode III" while he was still producing "Episode II?"

That's hardly psychic to repeat stuff that's been thrown around the past however many years. That's like going outside on a clear day, looking up, and going "Hey, the sky is going to be blue in 2 minutes"

Just your friendly reality check.

Alondro

Uhm, no, I didn't hear about it that long ago.  I work too much and don't have time to read all the entertainment gossip.  I'm more interested in the revival of cold fusion now that the Naval Lab in San Diego has released its findings that indeed some type of nuclear reaction is occuring in the cold fusion electrolysis device.  It requires a small amount of boron and a flawless electrode. 

The first I heard anything about a Lucas-Spielberg merger on another Indiana Jones movie was South Park's parody of it, and then nothing more until I saw the Rose Parade article, which I read because I was at work and was drinking some cocoa... 

I tend not to follow entertainment news.  It's mostly really boring and pointless.

llearch n'n'daCorna

what does it mean by "flawless electrode" ? and is the power supplied by the nuclear reaction greater than the power required to run the device? (thereby making it an interesting, and useful effect, rather than an interesting sideline)

The other side of it involves whether it extends our understanding of the universe around us, thereby making it useful in and of itself, but that's another argument...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

superluser

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 02, 2007, 10:45:48 AMwhat does it mean by "flawless electrode" ? and is the power supplied by the nuclear reaction greater than the power required to run the device? (thereby making it an interesting, and useful effect, rather than an interesting sideline)

Found an executive summary.  The PDF search doesn't find any mention of Boron or flawless.  I'd read it all myself, but I'm installing a new scanner as we speak, and I'm kinda distracted.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Alondro

The boron and flawlessness of the electrode came up during a lecture.  Out of 10 trials, 9 created excess heat and evidence of nuclear reactions using some sort of radiation-detecting material that catches the tracks of high-energy particles (I don't remember the type, it was a series of letters and numbers :P ).  The researcher examined the electrodes afterward and discovered that unlike the 9 successful electrodes, whose surfaces were pefectly smooth, the 10th one which failed was covered with tiny cracks.  That could mean crystal structure of the metal is important, especially if one of the theories (which says the fusion occurs due to dueterium being trapped in a palladium atom's outer electron shells, thus orbiting until it collides with another deuterium in another outer shell.  A symmetrical lattice structure would make the collisions more likely as it would result in more conformational similarity.

The boron was also noted at the meeting in reference to one particular set of experiments.  Another set of trials used a layered deposit electrode of paladium and some other material.  I believe the percentages were 0.25, 0.5 and 0.75% in the alloy.  The higher the percentage, the more heat was produced.  It could be due to boron's capacity as a neutron donor under certain conditions, or the ability of boron to induce a more uniform crystalline atomic structure.

In any case, there is certainly something going on.  But it may not be fusion in the traditional sense if one theory (which would be quite within the realm of normal physics) is correct.  In that theory, some electrons might momentarily be pumped up to high-energy levels during the electrolysis.  These could collide with protons and transform them into neutrons, some of which would then be absorbed by deuterium of tritium nuclei held in the palladium crystal lattice.  The neutron would them beta-decay into a proton resulting in both helium-3 and helium-4, some heat, and an electron.  It wouldn't be true fusion; it would take place at much lower energy levels, and it wouldn't produce any gamma rays; plus it would explain all the products found from the experiments.

Titanium also cages large amounts of hydrogen/deuterium/tritium.  It'd be interesting to see if some type of titanium alloy would act the same way.  And it'd be a lot cheaper than palladium.

It doesn't look like it'd ever be a viable energy source in any capacity for a long time, if ever.  The energy production in unstable and the reaction is difficult to maintain or predict. 

Something else to try would be to use heavy water with higher levels of tritium, or pure tritium water.  If the neutron theory is correct, then all the helium produced would be helium-4.

Hmm... I think this needs a cold fusion topic. :p

Back on topic.  South Park... Lucas/Spielberg... vast conspiracy... yup.  *cough*

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks, I'm done. :-)

South Park. Mmmm.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Brunhidden

movies like this come to mind as "why not?"

when you think about it, the very nature of indy jones movies makes sequils and prequils logical- they alude to him haveing many adventures before any of the movies, adventures between them, his fathers adventures, and so on, and so fourth. i mean, he had to have MET all those people before, on top of the nonwithstanding fact that if you check the box those movies come in each of them has a chapter labled on them, which tells you flat out theres a whole bungload of them before the original 3.

oh yeah, check those 'chapters' on the boxes, it'll tell you that the first movie they made actually came after the second movie they made. trippy huh?

QuoteThats the DOGS name
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.