awe, comfort and joy 12-25-06

Started by GabrielsThoughts, December 24, 2006, 09:47:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miaka

in Amber's rant, she mentioned something about rolling around in wrapping paper like a dork.

...the first thing I picture is Amber, looking like Osaka from Azumanga, and rolling around in wrapping paper.

...because it seems like something she'd do.

...And yes, that picture is full of win.

Gareeku

Gabi

Amber's rant is so sweet... It makes me want to hug her.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

TWINK

RawRgnerfNyuehgnenegehnhehahahahaOoooohhhhhhthispicwins.

Saist

Quote from: Gabi on December 25, 2006, 10:39:01 AM

doesn't take much to want to hug Amber...

anyways, I wonder if the sweetness and joy of the picture has spoiled anybodies tea...  Although Abel seems to be counteracting the Joy Factor.   :mowtongue

Distracting

Quote from: je.saist on December 25, 2006, 10:48:22 AM

doesn't take much to want to hug Amber...

anyways, I wonder if the sweetness and joy of the picture has spoiled anybodies tea...  Although Abel seems to be counteracting the Joy Factor.   :mowtongue

Amber deserves some kind of...megahug or something.

And I say that Abel is secretly loving it. Look! It's the teeth of bite-y joy!

Dard

I just put this picture through the GIMP and then copied it to my laptop to be used as a wallpaper!

Jack McSlay

Quote from: Dard on December 25, 2006, 12:43:38 PMI just put this picture through the GIMP and then copied it to my laptop to be used as a wallpaper!
so deserving... I inly wish for a larger version actually intended for wallpapering
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

Dard

Quote from: Jack McSlay on December 25, 2006, 02:13:25 PM
so deserving... I inly wish for a larger version actually intended for wallpapering
Well, I was the one with a laptop with the strange 1024*480 resolution. The picture was very suitable for it.  :boogie

Edit: proof

RushFox

*Wallpaper'D!*

This works well on "Center" setting because it's like a picture but with a very large white frame. I love Abel's and Jyrra's expressions, especially considering the latest story developments.

I'm sorry about this, but Lorenda's expression scares the begeebers outta me! She's looks like a aunt ready to pounce and pinch the cheeks of unsuspecting younger relatives. If you know what I mean...  :<

Great job, Amber! Please make this a real wallpaper at least!  :3

Alondro

Quote from: Akisohida on December 24, 2006, 10:19:33 PM
Ohh! This is cute! I still wish it had been me hugging an irate/scared Charlene just because poofed cats are adorable. :}

*Charline hiss!  Poofy tail!*  Never!  You'll never get me into your web, you evil spidee!  *hides under the couch*   :eek

*Charles snerks*  Aww, that's cute!  Lorenda has finally realized her inner demon and is going to eat them all.   Guess we know what she's having for Christmas dinner!  xD
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

bigj

Nice Holiday page! Poor Jy, in a three-way-crush bearhug.  :mowwink

Alablast

Lol... I don't think anybody expected this, from the mistleoe strip suggestion.  :D

And yeah, poor Jy...  Ah, he'll get over it.  :P

ShiningShadow

Quote from: Gareeku on December 25, 2006, 07:53:50 AM
is it me, or does Lorenda look incredibly hot in that pic?

*cough* >.> well, I think she does.

She's always hot I wish she will use her skills and getting that roorat Jyrass wanting for her. But hey I will wait patiently for this will happen any time soon. And the pic is so awesome under that mistletoe very cool and christmasy at the same time.

superluser

Quote from: superluser on December 24, 2006, 11:54:44 PMTurnsky has made me want to make some limericks about this, but I'm no good with Trochees, and it's far too late to come up with anything good in dactylic hexameter.

OK.  Here's the promised poetry (in a sonnet of alliterative dactylic hexameter, no less)

Keep in your mind on this Christmas a kangaroo-rat known as Jyrras.
Love for this rodent is never a needlessly simple procedure.     
Three have found ways to his heart before he put his love on the table.
Dan learnt the nature of Jyrras's love when the rat missed his iris.
As for Lorenda, she knows that his amorous feelings aren't meager.
Finally, one has no clue of his feelings and that one is Abel.

This Christmas, under the kissing plant, there was a fortunate meeting.
Jyrras was taken in thought when his three loves came, mindless of fashion.
Demon Lorenda took note of the novelty plant on the ceiling.
Quickly, she closed on the men who were quietly shirking the greeting.
Jyrras and Abel and Dan were not jumping to join in the passion.
Soon, though, the hearts of the quartet were quickened to Christmas time feeling.

Demon Lorenda's hug quickly was detailed in poems of such lore.
Please don't assume that the following practices showed passions that much more.

(Bah.  I couldn't use mistletoe in line 7, since it would alliterate with meeting.  Also, I do realize that this is a rather prosaic poem, but I've just invented a new poetic form, whaddya want?)

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Akisohida

Quote from: Alondro on December 25, 2006, 05:56:23 PM
Ohh! This is cute! I still wish it had been me hugging an irate/scared Charlene just because poofed cats are adorable. :}

*Charline hiss!  Poofy tail!*  Never!  You'll never get me into your web, you evil spidee!  *hides under the couch*   :eek

*Charles snerks*  Aww, that's cute!  Lorenda has finally realized her inner demon and is going to eat them all.   Guess we know what she's having for Christmas dinner!  xD

*Tries to pull Charline out and give her a hug!* Don't fear the spidee!

I agree with Charles! Lorenda looks like she is hungry or pondering what..or who..the holiday dinner will be! :D
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

Tiger_T

What a Kodak moment. :mowhappy

I'm glad Mab was around to take the picture. >:3 :)
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: Tiger_T on December 26, 2006, 10:52:08 AM
What a Kodak moment. :mowhappy

I'm glad Mab was around to take the picture. >:3 :)

Fae and technology, sir. The camera would have exploded.

...Pyro did it.
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Tapewolf

Just spotted it... and I concur... it was quite unexpected.  I have archived it for posterity along with the excellent picture.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Madmann135

out of boordom and the fact that I can't think of anything really important to think of I think I will try to read Lorenda, Dan, Jyrras and Abel's minds.

Dan: She's not the one I want under the mistletoe.
Abel: NO TOUCHING ME!
Lorenda: Three nice and cute guys what else can I ask for.
Jyrras: hope I'm not blushing...

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Sienna Maiu - M T

oh Jy... all the possible love you could want in the world.
I'm nearly jealous...

Akisohida

*Puts up a mistletoe and holds out his arms, seeing how many people hug the pink-haired foxspider-taur* Me next! Me next! :D

Good work on the comic, Amber. I hope you had a great holiday and that your comic goes on for years to come. I know we all enjoy reading it as much as you enjoy making it and you know what they say; There is a fine line between genious and insanity..And you cross that line every other day! ;) Your comic is the high point of my Mon/Weds/Fri (and Saturday) mornings and I usually think about it while I am at work so I have something to chuckle about. This will probably embarress or make you flee in terror of 'teh praise' but it takes a really sharp mind to think up funny comics three or four times a week. Keep up the good work. :boogie
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

Stygian

Quote from: Akisohida on December 26, 2006, 07:49:57 AM
Quote from: Alondro on December 25, 2006, 05:56:23 PM

*Tries to pull Charline out and give her a hug!* Don't fear the spidee!

I agree with Charles! Lorenda looks like she is hungry or pondering what..or who..the holiday dinner will be! :D

Quote from: Akisohida on December 26, 2006, 04:31:48 PM
*Puts up a mistletoe and holds out his arms, seeing how many people hug the pink-haired foxspider-taur* Me next! Me next! :D
[/size]^

*Stygian walks up behind Akisohida and leans over his shoulder*

Stygian: You know, I had a girlfriend not all unlike you. Even the colouration is a bit close. But I can't say she was really ever this way for attention...

*He leans in closer, turning Aki's attention away with a 'slippery' hand, but his eyes dart to Charline for a moment, and they seem to scream to her; 'Now! Get him!'*

In any case, I just laughed out when I saw this. Too bad it isn't a two-panel so we could see what happens next...

Alan Garou

Poor, poor Jyrras. He's in a glomp with all three of his crushes at once. It doesn't get much more awkward than that.

ShiningShadow

I like the pic regardless. Who knows what will the crushes will meet in a three way hmmmmmmmmmmmmm interesting take on this but anyway Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Guys and Gals.

AndersW

now that the next comic has updated I cannot find it anymore. can anyone tell me where it is?

Faerie Alex

Jeez I need to update this thing.

Sunblink

Okay, I officially declare that picture the greatest Christmas special I have ever seen in any comic, everywhere XD That made my Christmas, and it's making my day looking at it all over again. Poor, poor Jyrras. I would feel extremely bad for him if I weren't laughing my keister off at Abel's expression.

~Keaton the Black Jackal