Testing...1..2..3 (RushFox's Intro)

Started by RushFox, December 18, 2006, 11:37:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RushFox

Good day to you all. Name's RushFox or Benjamin or Ben or whatever insane nickname you may give me during my time here. Now on to the intro.

Current Status: I'm a 2nd year college student at the Northwestern Michigan College, going for a major in Psychology. I currently live in my parent's basement (Saves me alot
of money... :) ) and I have a well-paying job as a Cart Redistribution Technician or Cart Pusher for sure. At 19 years of age, I realize that I still have a long journey in life ahead of me and can only hope for the best. God help me.  :<

Hobbies: I currently express interest in a great many things like- Okay, I just like the rest of you bums. l enjoy playing on video games, listening to music and browsing the internet. I have a life, but I think I lost it somewhere when I turned 16. High school does strange things to people...

-Video Games: Systems- SNES, DS, GB SP, N64, PS2, and a GC.
Fav. Games: Chrono Trigger, Super Castlevania 4, Discworld (Ha, didn't expect that one did you!) Currently Playing: Final Fantasy 5 Advance, Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin

-Music: I mostly a fan of Progressive Rock and Classic Rock. My big three are RUSH, Dream Theater, and Yes. I have dabbled with other bands like Kansas, Pixies, and Blue Oyster Cult.
Fav Songs: Tom Sawyer, La Villa Strangiato (Rush) Pull Me Under, Metropolis Part 1 (Dream Theater) Yours Is No Disgrace, Siberian Khatru (Yes)

-Fav. Webcomics (and Characters):

JACK (Central)
DMFA (Abel and Dan)
8 Bit Theater (Red Mage)
Exterminatus Now (Eastwood)

Whew, alot of statistics there. Hopefully that's enough information for ya. All bets I lose my sanity within the hour (already lost it once during finals...), so enjoy it while it lasts!

-RushFox

xHaZxMaTx

Hey there, let me be the first to welcome you.  I'll just jump right in and say the thing I find most intriguing from the info you've given is your taste in music, which is exellent. *Thumbs-up.*  By the way, it's just Pixies, not the Pixies. ;)  I noticed there wasn't any Muse or Radiohead in your list.  Unknown or disliked?

Anyway, hope you enjoy your stay here, and I'm pretty sure people will decide to just call you Rush.  That's the first thing that came to my mind.

Zedd

Hey hey...Glad to see a new face...Always good to deal with new people...Specialy not wanting to kill them :shifty But enjoy your warm welcome here and beware of the cubi :veryevil

RushFox

Quote from: HaZ×MaT on December 18, 2006, 11:48:20 PM
Hey there, let me be the first to welcome you.  I'll just jump right in and say the thing I find most intriguing from the info you've given is your taste in music, which is exellent. *Thumbs-up.*  By the way, it's just Pixies, not the Pixies. ;)  I noticed there wasn't any Muse or Radiohead in your list.  Unknown or disliked?

Anyway, hope you enjoy your stay here, and I'm pretty sure people will decide to just call you Rush.  That's the first thing that came to my mind.

Rush. I like that.  :3

Muse- Only heard Knights of Cydonia so far. Pretty Good.

Radiohead- No offense, but they kinda bore me. Too mellow...  :B

Zedd: I was going to take my NASCAR cap off, but thanks for warning me! ;)

xHaZxMaTx

NASCAR?  Kill it! >:O  Er, uhh, *Cough* excuse me.

Anyway, you may not like Radiohead, but you should definately have a listen to Thom Yorke's album, The Eraser;  anything but mellow. ;)

Dakata

Current Status.....Sane?

...Get him! He's a sane-y!

*Gives him his first smite/nun* :B

xHaZxMaTx

No, leave his sanity alone!  There's so few of us anymore. :cry

Cogidubnus

A yea, the forum did grow large and fat with new members - and the people rejoiced, and drank of the highly-caffeinated drinks, and yea, there was much rejoicing throughout the land.

Welcome! Watch out for anything that looks like it might breathe!

RushFox

Quote from: Dakata on December 19, 2006, 12:11:16 AM
Current Status.....Sane?

Apparantly, you didn't see the secret message... ;)
I accept your smite with full humility.

Dakata

Quote from: RushFox on December 19, 2006, 12:19:19 AM
Quote from: Dakata on December 19, 2006, 12:11:16 AMCurrent Status.....Sane?

I'm a dragon! :< I'm too distracted by shiny things to see secret messages!

Roureem Egas

RushFox

Quote from: Dakata on December 19, 2006, 12:25:43 AM
Quote from: RushFox on December 19, 2006, 12:19:19 AM
Quote from: Dakata on December 19, 2006, 12:11:16 AMCurrent Status.....Sane?

I'm a dragon! :< I'm too distracted by shiny things to see secret messages!

Hee, I always had an affinity for dragons, so I guess I'll forgive you this time.  :)
*gives Dakata a silver dollar*

Tapewolf

Ah, Rush.. one of the few bands I've seen live.  You are formally invited to partake in the 'What Song Are You Listening To' and 'Lyrics Game' threads :P

Following from what Hazmat said, I don't see any 1970s Genesis in the list either  >:3

[Unable to decide whether to plug some of his own stuff]

Ah, what the hell:   http://www.dougtheeagle.com/adatpf/adatpf10.mp3

...that was fairly early on.  It has a more 1980s feel to it and it shows my inexperience in the actual engineering and vocals.  I'd like to get that one recorded on 2" at a real studio and with the better mellotron samples I have now, but financially that's going to depend on whether I make it to AC, I think.
Apart from 'borderline' on the second album I didn't really manage to crack the proper 1970s style until 'Crystaltopia' and 'Beings and Creatures', which I'm going to re-record as soon as my throat clears up.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

FRush!

... just guessing the new nick we'll have for you.

Welcome! Watch out for anyone who tells you to watch out for people.

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Zedd

bill

Rush is the utter shazz. Unfortunatly, I can't call you "Rush". That'd be... odd. How bout Ralf?  :B

Quote from: HaZ×MaT on December 19, 2006, 12:08:42 AM
NASCAR?  Kill it! >:O  Er, uhh, *Cough* excuse me.

Oy, Haz, keep in mind that I know where you live before you post. D:

Suwako

Hi, I'm aiyno the sane person. Really, I'm sane why does nobody believe me?

I yeah, My profile says mysanity is debateable. It's Lie trust me, ok?

Hope you enjoy your new forum, Exterminatus Now is quite a good comic. Not one of my own favorites though....

RushFox

Tapewolf: I accept your invitation, since I was probably going to post in those topics anyways. It feels nice to be "invited" somewhere. It makes you feel important.  :)

I finally got to see Rush live for their 30th anniversary tour at the DTE Theater and I loved it. The first half was just right on, with Subdivisions and Red Barchetta being highlights. Heh, I was cheering so loud, that a group of girls came over and handed me a ticket to center row, about 3 seats from the stage!! They probably had things to do that were way more important, but I was so happy I didn't care. One of the best nights of my life, IMO.

1970's Genesis? Hmm, I only know Phil Collins' Genesis. Got a favorite song?

Your stuff is good, and your voice kinda reminds me of a harsher-voiced Greg Lake (ELP). The story is very corny, and I loved it. Needs more guitar, though.  >:3

Wait, were you the guy who did the DMFA Radio Project? Great job on that, me and my brother are fans of your work on there. Keep up the good work!

Bill and llearch: But I like the name "Rush"... :<

Aiyno: It took a while for it too pick up, but I still think it's one of the funniest comics on the net. Could update more often though...

Tapewolf

Quote from: RushFox on December 19, 2006, 09:49:52 AM
I finally got to see Rush live for their 30th anniversary tour at the DTE Theater and I loved it. The first half was just right on, with Subdivisions and Red Barchetta being highlights. Heh, I was cheering so loud, that a group of girls came over and handed me a ticket to center row, about 3 seats from the stage!! They probably had things to do that were way more important, but I was so happy I didn't care. One of the best nights of my life, IMO.

Yeah, well I saw them in Manchester.  Apparently it was the first time they'd been to the UK in about 15 years.  The sound quality was awful but since I knew most of the songs note-for-note anyway, it didn't matter quite so much, and there's something to be said for an entire arena suddenly standing up and shouting "XAN A DUUUUUU!", yes, certainly a night to be remembered.

Quote1970's Genesis? Hmm, I only know Phil Collins' Genesis. Got a favorite song?

Oo, now that's a tricky one.  Overall, probably 'Firth of Fifth' on the 'Selling England by the Pound' album.  My three favourite albums from Genesis are:
1. Selling England by the Pound (all of it except 'More Fool Me')
2. Trick of the Tail (patchy IMHO, but the good bits make up for the rest of it)
3. Nursery Cryme (Fountain of Salmacis in particular)

QuoteYour stuff is good, and your voice kinda reminds me of a harsher-voiced Greg Lake (ELP). The story is very corny, and I loved it. Needs more guitar, though.  >:3
It would help if I could play it, yes... or at least get my brother or someone to session on it.  He hasn't played for a while and he lives too far away, though.  The power chords on that recording were actually made by misusing Lounge Lizard, which is intended to be an electric piano.

QuoteWait, were you the guy who did the DMFA Radio Project? Great job on that, me and my brother are fans of your work on there. Keep up the good work!

Will do.  I must admit I've been a bit slack with that recently, but I'm intending to do a full version of the SAIA arc as soon as I've got the new voices for Fa'Lina, Pip and hopefully Photophie.  That doesn't look like it's going to happen before Christmas, though.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

LionHeart

*appears in a flash of blue light*

HI! Welcome to this place - a dimension of sight and sound, but mostly of mind.

Leave your sanity (what remains of it) at the door, in the secure storage provided, and do remember to hang on to your claim ticket if you want it back. An inventory of the storage facility will be undertaken in the new year, and any unaccounted-for sanity may be sold off on eBay.

Beware of box-type people, they cannot be trusted. Also beware of squirrel-borne muffins, and any who tell you to disregard these warnings.

Have a welcome gift. *gives the new person a souvenir coffee mug*

Enjoy the weirdness your stay.

*waves, and vanishes in a shower of coloured sparkles, which spell out the words "Merry Christmas"...*
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity