2006-12-18 Why, Destania?

Started by superluser, December 17, 2006, 11:41:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hilary

Biggs + the level of intelligence required for planning something successful = Does not compute. I think I'm going to need some time alone in my room to let my brain recuperate.

I hate it when I underestimate people... it throws my brain out of whack. (He's a pretty good actor, no?)

e_voyager

"bad brain bad brain. " Recess II (if you recognizes who that is and can correct my spelling of the name...i don't know what to say) either way one of the story's is coming to and interesting close. now we'll see if Dan can fix the mess he made with Jy-Jy.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Anri

Dwah??

Certianly explains why Dee almost seemed to be laughing when trying to restrain 'Lex.

Zedd

The more pain will come along the journay home  :U

Tapewolf

I have nothing coherent to add.  That's just.. so unexpected.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

superluser

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 18, 2006, 04:30:37 AMThat's just.. so unexpected.

I don't disagree, but you do realize that it really shouldn't have been.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Snap

Well, who didnt see THAT coming up?... :mowdizzy

I bet Biggs has taken advice from Fa'Lina:
The best way to be an evil mastermind (and not be defeated) is to not fall into an obviously well known clichee character  :mowninja.

MT Hazard

The only thing worse than an evil ruler is an intelligent evil ruler. One that makes a big show of incompetence and most heroes would be quietly confident they can outwit, when instead of dunking them oh-so-slowly in the shark tank they just shoot them in the head.
(as Snap posted just before me)

I'm not sure the meaning of 'Kwisatz Haderach' in the context superluser uses it, looked up its meaning but still not sure.

He's not a short cut or someone who can be in many places at once, highly powered? probably not, a bridge between species? perhaps as a child of Adventurer and Cubi, but not the first apparently.

Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Zedd

Tapewolf

Quote from: Snap on December 18, 2006, 06:07:59 AM
Well, who didnt see THAT coming up?... :mowdizzy

I honestly thought he was Destania's puppet, but obviously he's a very good actor.
Now I'm trying to get my head around the implications of Destania deluding Alexsi into believing it was a mistake (Destania orchestrating the kidnapping to see her daughter was actually one of my earlier theories).  And what on earth has become of Edward?

Snap

Quote from: Zedd on December 18, 2006, 06:17:21 AM
*does the plot twist*  :3
I so could get used to this tune...

Quote from: Snap
Well, who nobody didnt see saw THAT coming up ?...  !
Sorry, fixed that  :B.

ShiningShadow

I'm stumped here hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Biggs very sly and intelligent something is out of whack here. It's either Dess is finding out more info on the Dan and his powers what is she plotting here. I got two theories.

1. Destina is using the information on Dan for Fa'lina to make sure he is ready to join the fold in Saia Academy as a Lt. or General for her army.

2. Destina is using Dan for her own purposes which I only see with the Dragons anytime in the future to prevent a war or start one.

That's all I have right now.

Alan Garou

My respect for Biggs has just increased twelvefold. Bravo, man, bravo! He is the ultimate ruler: appearing to be a buffoon, but secretly a mastermind. And as for the plot twist, such is only to be expected of our Amber.

Alondro

*Charline smirks*  Ah, I'm getting a little more info about who is pulling the strings for what ends.  Destania had to have something in mind, since she knew Dan and Alexsi's whereabouts for all this time, yet never visited them when it would have been easy enough to do so in another form. 

Pyro's appearance, Abel at Lost Lake, Jyrras' sudden fascination with cubi males, and the creature council's worry about Jy-snack's technology, plus Kria's long-term surveillance.

Indeed, I see a carefully worked web of intrigue being pulled taught.  The only question remaining is who is ultimately the spider in the shadows plucking at the threads. 

*Charles  :rolleyes *  Oh Charline, you're just being a paranoid conspiracy theorist!  There's no hidden plot!  It's all... *Charles takes an unexpected step and gets in front of Charline just as... fwip fwip... Charles has been sniped!  It was meant for her!*   :knifed 

*Charline  :eek *  I told you!  *flees!*
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Stig Hemmer

Hmmm... have we ever been told what Destania eats?
Stig Hemmer, at your disservice.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Stig Hemmer on December 18, 2006, 09:15:01 AM
Hmmm... have we ever been told what Destania eats?
Not specifically, but she'll be good with pain owing to her Cyra Clan heritage.  She ran the pain & terror department at SAIA, so I'd imagine she's pretty good at fear as well.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Alondro on December 18, 2006, 09:01:27 AM
... yet never visited them when it would have been easy enough to do so in another form. 

... Are you sure? :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Alondro

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on December 18, 2006, 09:24:04 AM
Quote from: Alondro on December 18, 2006, 09:01:27 AM
... yet never visited them when it would have been easy enough to do so in another form. 

... Are you sure? :-)

*Charline peeks from her heavily shielded fortress, hiding from the Conspiracy that's out to get her*  I was going to mention that she might have, but since we have no idea what form she took, it could have been anyone who was ever in the comic at Lost Lake.  Plus, the mind-reading ability would mean that the person would appear an act completely in character, thus making it impossible to tell who Destania was imitating... if she in fact ever did.  Thus, speccing on that point is useless.   :3  *sniper fire bounces off the shielding close by her head!*  Ack!  They're here!   :U  *fires back wildly*  eat lead slackers!   :gun1
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

Toric

ACTING, thank you!

So yeah, Biggs is much more clever and calculating than he lets on. I gotta wonder what words he'll have for Wildy once she catches up to him.
Yap by Silver.

llearch n'n'daCorna

.. other than "ow!", "please!" and "mercy, I beg of you!" ?

ShiningShadow

But now Biggs is a major power player with is acting dumb ruse. I have a feeling this and many things to come from the council and i think Biggs is part of that. Who knows what is he capable of doing to anybody.

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Dard on December 18, 2006, 12:25:01 AM
Quote from: superluser on December 18, 2006, 12:04:52 AM
The obsequious, sycophantic behavior on Dee's part.  She's 7000 years old and far more powerful than Biggs.  Why was she not at least surly?  Most lieutenants are.
Grrr, I had to look up three words in the dictionary in order to reply this.
Good, somebody needs to keep you intellectually simulated, and not just by comic plot twists. :mowwink
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: AmigaDragon on December 18, 2006, 01:06:03 PM
Good, somebody needs to keep you intellectually simulated, and not just by comic plot twists. :mowwink

Does that mean we can play buzzword bingo? :-)

superluser

Quote from: MT Hazard on December 18, 2006, 06:12:49 AMI'm not sure the meaning of 'Kwisatz Haderach' in the context superluser uses it, looked up its meaning but still not sure.

In the Dune series, the Bene Gesserit can see into the future, but there is a place that they cannot look--the place where only the one called the Kwisatz Haderach may go.  The Kwisatz Haderach has no blind spots in prescience.

Now, we know that the people at SAIA didn't know that Dan existed, and that they had some trouble predicting the future regarding him.  This can only mean that Dan is the Kwisatz Haderach, and that Dan's future is unknowable to them.

Also, I have some sneaking suspicions:

1.) Destania may not be working for Biggs at all; they may just be acquaintances.
2.) If Biggs isn't really an idiot, that would have to mean that he knew that Dan-as-Miss-Cloud was a man.
3.) If Biggs is an idiot, the whole Gerald Ford act is probably Destania's doing.

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on December 18, 2006, 01:17:20 PMDoes that mean we can play buzzword bingo? :-)

No, it means that we can play perspicacity bingo.  I don't think I know enough buzzwords.

(There was a tourist at a rock; a dingo ate her baby.  D-I-N-G-O)

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Alondro

Trailer trash definitions:

Obsequious:  a snooty obscene person.

sychophantic:  When you're tired of the clicking sound your electric fan keeps making.

prescience:  The not-quite experiments yer kids do with magnifying glasses, bugs, and the sun.

Yee-haw!   :B

Regal

I can understand him faking being a buffoon. What I don't understand is how calmly he's taking the approach of Wildy. In fifteen minutes she's going to beat the crud out of him, then stuff the crud back in so she can beat it out a second time. That seems like a high price to pay. Unless Wildy is faking it also, which would be the ultimate twist but one that would be hard to accept.

Faerie Alex

Considering that he was ready for Alexi (okay, he thought it would be Dan, but a girl with a hammer all the same), it seems like it would be easy enough for him to be ready for something his size.

...Maybe his mom is there. :B
Jeez I need to update this thing.

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Regal on December 18, 2006, 03:39:34 PM
What I don't understand is how calmly he's taking the approach of Wildy. In fifteen minutes she's going to beat the crud out of him, then stuff the crud back in so she can beat it out a second time.
Who said she's not just taking it out on his territory so far? Maybe she's taking a sceneic route with her destruction as warm-up before getting around to him (like a boulder gaining momentum rolling down the hill).
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Hilary

We might want to remember that Biggs' being competent on this one occasion does not necessarily mean that he is an all-powerful, super-intelligent mastermind. Although, who knows...