Favorite Boss fights ever?

Started by Xuzaf D, October 11, 2005, 11:49:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Halisstrad

Quote from: je.saist on September 30, 2006, 03:54:20 PM
I think my favorite Boss Fight ever came from Sly Cooper: Thieves Raccoons, and the fight with Mizz Ruby. For those who haven't played the game (you should, and it is cheap now), when you get to Mizz Ruby's lair, she wants to play a little game with you, a rythm game.

Dig that Voo-Doo!

I think one of my all time favorite boss battles was Clockwerk from the first one.

My Deffinate number one however is Mother Brain from super metroid.  Not the hardest, but the hyper beam head dance is just freaking hilarious.

Saist

Quote from: Jim Halisstrad on October 02, 2006, 02:29:57 AM
Quote from: je.saist on September 30, 2006, 03:54:20 PM
I think my favorite Boss Fight ever came from Sly Cooper: Thieves Raccoons, and the fight with Mizz Ruby. For those who haven't played the game (you should, and it is cheap now), when you get to Mizz Ruby's lair, she wants to play a little game with you, a rythm game.

Dig that Voo-Doo!

I think one of my all time favorite boss battles was Clockwerk from the first one.

My Deffinate number one however is Mother Brain from super metroid.  Not the hardest, but the hyper beam head dance is just freaking hilarious.

urgh. I hated fighting Clockwerk. The controls were just so cheap. I loved that final run getting TO him, but once in the air, the seperation between the aiming reticule and where your jetpack was going just about drove me up the wall.

Jim Halisstrad

Gods, the whole base sinking into the valcano?  Yeah, that was a bunch of awsome crazy fun :3
While the other games were fun, in my opinion they never pulled off any thing that hectic.  And is it just me, or are the other games easier?

Saist

Quote from: Jim Halisstrad on October 04, 2006, 05:29:27 PM
Gods, the whole base sinking into the valcano?  Yeah, that was a bunch of awsome crazy fun :3
While the other games were fun, in my opinion they never pulled off any thing that hectic.  And is it just me, or are the other games easier?

Yeah, aside from the ending set peice from Sly2, which was not really a boss battle in and of itself, but just after the final shooting match with Clock-La, when you have to jump "through / across" the peices of the disintigrating blimp...

But yeah, most of the fights just didn't seem as creative or as you put it, hectic, as the first game. Bently's fight with Jean Bison came close though. I don't think they really ratchted the difficulty down though. They did so much more with the map design and making for a more varied game play. I think Sly Cooper 2 and 3 hit the right mix for the main characters time and the side characters times. Something Sonic games have consistantly FAILED at. Grrr, bitterness showing again.

Manawolf

The first games boss battles were more like puzzles than actual battles.  2 and 3 were a little more free form, so it felt a little more gripping.  Also, fun watching how a plan comes all together with the help of all the characters (everyone has their own particular strengths and vocations, and it's fun watching that happen).  That final battle in Sly 3 is tough since the guy's later forms having him working like a living fireball.  Really sucks when trying to get in close enough to actually hit.