12-6-06 Free to go

Started by Faerie Alex, December 05, 2006, 08:43:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dard

I'm just suffering from many plot-twists and more and more dramatic moments that go on for months in a different web-comic right now so I have to say that a simple but efficient resolution of a storyline is a very welome change of pace for me right now.

Since the story was quite enjoyable up to now and the end was quite enjoyable too I do not and will not think it was a pointless story!

Magic

Always dangerous to have a servant stronger than you.
True Magic does not bow down to rules like mana or sacrifice. True Magic bends all rules. I have seen the truth. I am now free forever. (I used to be Doctor Ink. Now stop asking.)

secondwolf

Releasing Alexsi is not going to save Biggs from his sister... something to look forward to :)

Tapewolf

I wonder if Destania is feeding on the disposals.  :<

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Madmann135

sometimes there are situations where you think "Who's in charge here?"
Like in this situation for instance.

Though Biggs runs the place it looks like Destania is actually in charge.
With a simple clearing of her throat Biggs's personality did a complete 180.  At first he looked aragant, and bossy, after Destania cleared her throat he was chipper and kind.

So that leaves the obvious statement.
Though Biggs is the figurehead Destania is the true power and controler of Twinx Territories.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Madmann135 on December 06, 2006, 06:06:34 AM
Though Biggs runs the place it looks like Destania is actually in charge.
With a simple clearing of her throat Biggs's personality did a complete 180.  At first he looked aragant, and bossy, after Destania cleared her throat he was chipper and kind.
He looks scared to me.

FlameSword

Yeah that was anti-climactic but still what about Dan-Alexsi and Alexsi meet?

Tapewolf

Quote from: FlameSword on December 06, 2006, 06:38:55 AM
Yeah that was anti-climactic but still what about Dan-Alexsi and Alexsi meet?
What about Merlitz' erstwhile companions?

Zedd

Well I had something that no one has asked yet but I will....Anyone curious where Jyyras went? Thats a long sleep...I am guessign he has a cryobed or something etheir that he might just stayed in his room...Gained weight and cryed himself alot like a girl with a major meltdown mood when exprencing a breakup or something

ShiningShadow

I Destina is in charge of Twinks Territory. If she killed Biggs off then she will have to contend to the residents of the Twinks with a civil war and she will have to fight them all and her sister Wildly with that bloody vengeance and stuff like that. That's why she is keeping Biggs alive and stupid not knowing the real situation.

King Of Hearts

Never get between a mother and her child...

aww... now I'll never see Pyro rescing Alexi all knight-in-shining-armor like.

On the other hand... I look forward to whatever deviation will arise directly from an early release. The rescue party missing the fair maiden? Said fair maiden reaching the Inn to witness her brother performing an act she does not approve of?

A lot can be said for the road not taken.

Kibin

I hope nothing happens, the interview goes as planned, and we get on with the other plots, that have more to do with the story.

Tapewolf

Quote from: King Of Hearts on December 06, 2006, 07:11:48 AM
A dragon in shining armour come to slay the... knight?

Quote from: ShiningShadow on December 06, 2006, 07:08:52 AM
I Destina is in charge of Twinks Territory. If she killed Biggs off then she will have to contend to the residents of the Twinks with a civil war

Think it through.  If Destania kills Biggs, she can 'quit' and no-one ever has to know...

Alondro

*Charlne ponders what Tapewolf has said*  Yes... she could do that, couldn't she... as I could do to Charles...  and no one would ever know...  >:3

*Charles  :erk *  Thanks Tapewolf... thanks a whole friggin lot!  *barricades self in the lab* 
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Sid

Quote from: Zedd on December 06, 2006, 07:07:03 AM
Well I had something that no one has asked yet but I will....Anyone curious where Jyyras went? Thats a long sleep...I am guessign he has a cryobed or something etheir that he might just stayed in his room...Gained weight and cryed himself alot like a girl with a major meltdown mood when exprencing a breakup or something

Jyrras strikes me as the type of guy who dives into work whenever the private life has issues he doesn't know how to deal with. So he'll most likely be in his lab, thinking of EVERYTHING other than his love life.

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 06, 2006, 08:09:47 AM

*whistles the X-Files theme* :D

Quote from: King Of Hearts on December 06, 2006, 07:11:48 AM
A dragon in shining armour come to slay the... knight?

Biggs hardly strikes me as a knight. And Pyro's dragon form seems not to have ANY clothes, much less a shining armor... unless his scales count ;)
A fairy tale-ish image of Knight Biggs (complete with something like Glory's armor) battling the fierce Dragon Pyro would make a nice wallpaper war image, though... :eager
:boogie

Aleolus

Quote from: Caswin on December 05, 2006, 08:56:31 PM
There's still the matter of Dan-as-Alexsi meeting Alexsi or maybe even Biggs.  Who knows where that could go...

I for one would like to see Dan-as-Alexsi, or just Dan for that matter, finding out that Biggs is Destiana's boss.   :mwaha  Imagine how he'd react to finding out that his dear mother is in the employ of the second most evil ferret in all of existance!   :giggle :mwaha

superluser

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 06, 2006, 06:08:59 AMHe looks scared to me.

Yeah.  Biggs is all hunched over, crowded out by word balloons.  His lower lip seems to be pouting or quivering.  He's rubbing his chin.  His left arm is away from the body to provide greater balance.  His eyebrows are raised.

His eyes and pupils are open wide to let in the most light so that he can see any potential threats clearly.

I'm sure Charline knows this type of pose well.  She'd probably call it `dinner.'

Quote from: Sid on December 06, 2006, 08:45:05 AMA fairy tale-ish image of Knight Biggs (complete with something like Glory's armor) battling the fierce Dragon Pyro would make a nice wallpaper war image, though... :eager

Make that Biggs as Beowulf fighting the dragon, and I'm totally in.  Destania as Wiglaf?

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

e_voyager

Quote from: Sid on December 06, 2006, 08:45:05 AM
Quote from: Zedd on December 06, 2006, 07:07:03 AM

Jyrras strikes me as the type of guy who dives into work whenever the private life has issues he doesn't know how to deal with. So he'll most likely be in his lab, thinking of EVERYTHING other than his love life.

Sid you ma be right about Jy Jy be the time he comes out of his lab he'll have invent 3 new war machines and on items to try to  bring about world piece. he may even be working on a mind shield patch

I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

ninjannihilator

Alright, so how do you think the interview will end? Climatic or anti-Climatic?

Dard

Why do so many people think that just because a person is stronger than his employer, that employee must take over?
Destania may be able to replace Biggs anytime she wants, but why would she want to? He's her boss! You don't do that to your boss! It just wouldn't be right! Besides, she would never find an emoployer again And considering her long lifetime I think ruling Twink Territorries for her whole life would not be a dream-job!

Likewise, just like there are some things you just don't do to your employer, there are some things you just don't ask of your employee. Like to dispose of their daughters. This is what Destania makes so clear to Biggs in such a quiet and yet efficient manner!

PS: I'm afraid I had to look up the word "ingrate". I wonder if Biggs read that sentence somewhere and liked it so much that he used it ever sincce. I wonder how often Dee had already the opportunity to feed on the pain and terror of ungrateful people...

Tapewolf

Quote from: Dard on December 06, 2006, 01:31:36 PM
Why do so many people think that just because a person is stronger than his employer, that employee must take over?

Indeed.  She's had plenty of opportunity, but she hasn't done it so far, although given Biggs' immediate turnaround and the rather scared expression in the last frame, I'd say she's made it quite clear what will happen if he steps out of line.

Quoteconsidering her long lifetime I think ruling Twink Territorries for her whole life would not be a dream-job!
If she quietly topped Biggs and assumed his form, she would have to step down as 'Biggs' at some point since he's mortal.
As for why she's doing this at all, I still think she's doing some kind of damage-limitation to keep the Twinks in line, and as Llearch suggests, it might be the reason she can't return to LL yet.

terrycloth

Quote from: ShiningShadow on December 06, 2006, 07:08:52 AM
I Destina is in charge of Twinks Territory. If she killed Biggs off then she will have to contend to the residents of the Twinks with a civil war

Think it through.  If Destania kills Biggs, she can 'quit' and no-one ever has to know...

I think you're underestimating Biggs. He might not be able to take Destania in a fight, but that doesn't mean

(a) he doesn't have some hold on her
(b) he's not the one making the decisions
(c) she could ever do his job in a million years

He's probably sort of like Dr. Jyrras, only with twinks instead of mad scientist-type inventions.

Stygian

...which immediately makes him but a thug. Jyrras does not even need to be evil, and his power can be calculated and controlled. Now...

I am very much familiar with the strategy of the powerful one or the one with the advantage taking a step back and acting only to influence and guide events from behind the stage, so to speak, but... What does Destania want with the Twinks? What could she possibly want? As much as power and influence count, I do not think that she has any use of such an organization, but that they would only be a burden for her, or a dangerously unstable factor in carefully laid plans. That is how I would view them anyhow, and I would thus either distance myself from them, or work to destroy them. Indeed, Destania may be doing just this, but if Biggs is saying that they have actually made progress lately... she's not doing a very good job.

Oh, and I don't think he would taste all that well, Charline. Besides, who are you going to abuse when you have nothing to do?

superluser

Quote from: Stygian on December 06, 2006, 02:19:51 PMif Biggs is saying that they have actually made progress lately... she's not doing a very good job.

The best type of deception is one where the mark believes that he's making progress.  And now that we see Dee with an attitude, I'm more inclined to believe that that's her plan.  It's just too queer to see a 7000 year-old succubus with an obsequious demeanor, and Biggs would have twigged to the charade long ago.

As to what she wants, she's looking for Edward, and what with all the kidnappings, she's sure to get some information from far-flung locales.
(I think I mentioned this before)

Teroniss

See, here what I see is gonna happen, Alexsi goes free as Mab and company show up, Alexsi explains the situation, Wildy throttle Biggs, they go home. They get back to LL to find it completely alright and the interview went completely perfect. Just as Alexsi is complimenting Dan on pulling it off without catching anything on fire or blowing anything up, Merlitz' old crew attacks the real Alexsi after being convinced by Gen to do so.

terrycloth

Quote from: Stygian on December 06, 2006, 02:19:51 PM
...which immediately makes him but a thug.

No... it makes him a powerful leader. He has 'social skills' as opposed to 'science' or 'magic' or 'physical strength'. Maybe he has a grand strategy that his followers believe in, or maybe he's just a demagogue, but in neither case is he 'but a thug'.

Sid

Quote from: ninjannihilator on December 06, 2006, 01:22:20 PM
Alright, so how do you think the interview will end? Climatic or anti-Climatic?

The reporter turns out to be a Dragon who wants to kill Dan, and the others will only arrive during the climatic showdown that will eventually trigger the Grand Cubi/Dragon War. It will also be revealed that Alexsi is being held captive at SAIA ever since Dan got Fi. Fa'Lina has been impersonating Alexsi since then and thus arranged the interview in order to trigger the Grand War.

...whaaaat? This thread had an abnormally low level of far-out speculation! :U
:boogie

Stygian

Quote from: terrycloth on December 06, 2006, 03:42:26 PM
Quote from: Stygian on December 06, 2006, 02:19:51 PM
...which immediately makes him but a thug.

No... it makes him a powerful leader. He has 'social skills' as opposed to 'science' or 'magic' or 'physical strength'. Maybe he has a grand strategy that his followers believe in, or maybe he's just a demagogue, but in neither case is he 'but a thug'.

One cannot rely on people that way. One must use them to be a genuine power. Biggs apparrently does not, unless he has been very intensely studying magic when not observed. And while 'social skills' are easily learned or acted, and quite useful in their own right, they do not give direct power and cannot be used as an emergency plan.

superluser

Quote from: Stygian on December 06, 2006, 04:24:39 PMOne cannot rely on people that way. One must use them to be a genuine power. Biggs apparrently does not, unless he has been very intensely studying magic when not observed. And while 'social skills' are easily learned or acted, and quite useful in their own right, they do not give direct power and cannot be used as an emergency plan.

You're sounding an awful lot like Machiavelli, here.  By your reasoning, Gandhi didn't have genuine power.

Caswin

Quote from: Cogidubnus on December 06, 2006, 12:29:22 AM
Oh, TCM, why do you hold me spellbound so? :<
40s Superman serials? (It's been working on me lately - the exciting conclusion, this weekend!)
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.