call for interest

Started by lucas marcone, November 21, 2006, 04:07:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lucas marcone

is anyone interested in a war based RP centered around a power struggle between communist countries and "the free world" in a naziesque senario?

it goes like this the communist states have allied and gone on a conquest rampage. this continues untill north america(yes this includes canada) brazil, parts of manchuria(area near the russian chinese border) japan, australia<SP?, and europe except for france germany and spain. take up arms and attempt to drive them off. the RP will be of moderate length and be comprised of three stages: the first in japan as american reenforcements. the second as americans fighting to keep its border with mexico, and the third as a european assult on the occupied countries that make up europe proper.

if anyone has any other parts they wish to add they can be taken into consideration by the group.

p.s. pardon the grammer i have a senior project to work on and i need to get on that quick.

Snuggles

I would like to join and is this at any point in time or nowish?

lucas marcone

well when we can get at least six people(all protagonists) and when i finish at least the first part of the story this is being based off of we can start. be aware however that if anyone quits at any point they are dead untill chapter end at wich part we need to get some one else to fill the position.

one minor point with each "chapter" we will all be assumeing new characters.

Snuggles

Cogidubnus

The cold war goes hot, eh? ...

What is the relative technological level, here? I assume no nukes, yes?

I might be interested in this...

lucas marcone

the tech is current but there is an honor code to prevent reduceing civilian houseing to rubble.

e_voyager

pencil me into a role i'll also need to study the rules a bit but it sounds fun.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Cogidubnus

Sure, why not. After all, Leninade! A taste worth standing in line for! :3

lucas marcone

also i get on when i can but dont expect this to be an everyday update.
so you guys already know the first chapter senario so character creation whynot? remember though this is pretty realistic in terms of battlefield situations so im only allowing the following ranks

private and lieutenant with sergant filled by an npc(so there arnt any power scraps)

and soon leninade will be ON!  :kirby (i waited so long to use that smiley)

Cogidubnus

What kind of characters are we using, here? Anthromorphic, I assume...

lucas marcone

e_voyager

i guessed as much. i was working of an human character. are techno Magus okay
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Cogidubnus

Indeed. I have a character I'd like to use, but, what about the magics?

lucas marcone

technowha? no magical stuff. your weapons are standard milatary issue stuff....the tech will be a little more advanced since it takes place in the future but its still bullet fireing weapons.
i felt there was a little too much fantacy so i made a RP that i could play in that was a little more down to earth.

e_voyager

okay understood. not to compile a new list of skills including data manipulation / mining and  a high level hacking ability.

TheDXM

I can use one of my old human characters for this one, already have one in mind in fact.

We doing rolls and crap?

lucas marcone

yes, and yes we are doing character creation.

TheDXM

Needed some minor clarification on rank: When you said private, lieut, and sergeant, is that US. ARMY-wise, converted to whatever rank system is relevant to the country you play?

Are we RPing single troops at a time, or large task forces?

Any maps?

lucas marcone

single players accompanied by as many red shirts as i deam fit. yes to the rank question.
see previous posts for maps