11/17 - Bustles and Hedgerows

Started by bill, November 16, 2006, 08:55:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manawolf

I found D&D, and that's where I'm staying.  If I'm gonna be there, I'm gonna be the best damn D&D Dungeon Master out there (at least in helping with chracter creation).

Stygian

I am at a loss for words. So I'm going to refrain from any comments I might regret later.

Moving on... If that's Skirmish, then I suppose that Danlexsi will probably mess up in some not all too apparrent way. I'm just waiting for when all this derails and we get to the mandatory explanation and emo scene.

Quote from: DigitalMan on November 18, 2006, 07:15:44 PM
Quote from: Alondro on November 17, 2006, 02:22:30 PM
*Charles neurologizes!*  Actually, it has been found that fear is indeed a mind-killer!  Intense fear triggers a flurry of excitatory nerve activity and a large release of glutamate in certain regions of the brain.  This sudden upswing can lead to excitotoxicity and neuron death.  The reason this apparently detrimental reaction occurs is that though some neurons die from the intense fear response, the fight-or-flight response can lead to the animal surviving a run in with danger, like a predator.   :3

Well crap, what about how all those scientists said rollercoasters were healthy because they induced that same kind of fear? :<

Not the same kind of fear, since it's not the same kind of stimulation. One is an endorphine rush, overexcitation of sense of balance, movement and response... The other is just mind-numbing fear that clouds thoughts and makes them dart in all directions.

ShiningShadow

If you want fear then rent this flick called The Game starring Michael Douglas. That is the example of fear. Also the Fear has to be paralysing like fear of spiders, snakes, enclosed spaces with spiders and snakes etc, etc, etc. You get the picture.

e_voyager

i have seen the linty against fear in so many places. my favorites to date is still earthworm Jim's Peter puppy followed by Jenny Curtis form 21 century fox but now DMFA has bummed of my previous number three and made it into my faves as well.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey