11/17 - Bustles and Hedgerows

Started by bill, November 16, 2006, 08:55:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stygian

Superluser gets teh win for that one.

Oh, and terry picks up some win too. Personally, I'd resort to the Aaryanna explanation in a heartbeat. That would also explain why people "observed 'cubi activity"...

But alas I fear that Abel may be too panicky right now to think of that.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Here's a thought. They've been hired to investigate.

Not to clear up. Not to stop. Just to investigate.

... I can see Merbel and Danielle taking it entirely the wrong way, though. Paranoia is so much fun to play with :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

ShiningShadow

That's why they came in the first place with Arryana and all that stuff was going on. Since Dan and the rest of the group taken care of the problem which opted a girlfriend for Merlitz. I say that group was very late on responding to that job.

Sid

...what if they're actually looking for a completely different Cubi? :3
:boogie

ShiningShadow

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm Abel came later after Arryana left. I don't know but what if they are after Dan his Cubi powers has already developed but new. I bet you they are after Dan for somebody and I bet you it's Falina *of course!*.

Ramsey

Good thing I'm not the only one who got that referance. It's not like I own the entire book series and the sci-fi mini-series or anything... >->

ShiningShadow

Quote from: Ramsey on November 17, 2006, 02:16:29 PM
Good thing I'm not the only one who got that reference. It's not like I own the entire book series and the sci-if mini-series or anything... >->

The Dune reference is so classic. I love it when Abel said it. Maybe Abel is a Dune fan hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I bet he has the entire book collection of Dune at  home behind the stairs.

Alondro

*Charles neurologizes!*  Actually, it has been found that fear is indeed a mind-killer!  Intense fear triggers a flurry of excitatory nerve activity and a large release of glutamate in certain regions of the brain.  This sudden upswing can lead to excitotoxicity and neuron death.  The reason this apparently detrimental reaction occurs is that though some neurons die from the intense fear response, the fight-or-flight response can lead to the animal surviving a run in with danger, like a predator.   :3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

superluser

Good thing I'm not the only one who got that referance. It's not like I own the entire book series and the sci-fi mini-series or anything... >->

I'm gonna get flamed for saying this, but...

Dude, you're posting on a forum about a furry webcomic.  I don't think reading Dune is going to change your position on the Geek Hierarchy.

And, having advocated a furry version of Dune, I think I occupy that spot, anyway.

Edit:  Oh, dear.  I think I'm off the chart.  It only goes to ``people who write erotic versions of Star Trek where all the people are furries, like Kirk is an ocelot or something, and put a furry version of themselves as the star of the story.''

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 17, 2006, 01:57:34 PM
Here's a thought. They've been hired to investigate.

Not to clear up. Not to stop. Just to investigate.

That was one of my more hopeful theories actually, I'm just not sure I believe it, given the way Merbel seems to be digging himself deeper and deeper into a hole..

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Sid

Quote from: ShiningShadow on November 17, 2006, 02:05:44 PM
I bet you they are after Dan for somebody and I bet you it's Falina *of course!*.

Still with the conspiracy theories... @_@
And why would Fa'Lina hire adventurers to hunt down Dan? I mean, he-... it... ARGH. Words fail me. Too many conspiracy theories damaged my language center.

*opens GIMP* *grabs strip* *cleans up some of the easily removable JPEG noise* *crops* *re-frames* *reduces color depth to save size* *saves*

My reaction to some of the conspiracy theories:

Tapewolf

Quote from: Sid on November 17, 2006, 02:42:23 PM
Still with the conspiracy theories... @_@

Stanton Dowd: "Careful... paranoia is like a drug.  You can become addicted."

Quote*opens GIMP* *grabs strip* *cleans up some of the easily removable JPEG noise* *crops* *re-frames* *reduces color depth to save size* *saves*

Do you want my GIMP recolouring scripts, by any chance?

Supercheese

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 17, 2006, 02:47:21 PM

Since you've mentioned them enough, why not put them up on your site or something, and just link to them? I guess I could use 'em - I can certainly understand their usefulness.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Supercheese on November 17, 2006, 03:04:12 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on November 17, 2006, 02:47:21 PM

Since you've mentioned them enough, why not put them up on your site or something, and just link to them? I guess I could use 'em - I can certainly understand their usefulness.

Done:  http://www.it-he.org/down/gimp_purify.zip

These are Script-FU scripts that will redraw the currently-selected foreground colour.  One has a fixed 15% threshold, the other allows you to specify it.

On UNIX you put these in ~/.gimp-2.2/scripts/
Windows users will have to figure it out for themselves :P

..and now, back to the comic.

Sid

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 17, 2006, 03:15:33 PM
These are Script-FU scripts that will redraw the currently-selected foreground colour.  One has a fixed 15% threshold, the other allows you to specify it.

Sweet, thanks! I'll try them out! :)

*respectfully stands back as you put up the "Back to Topic" roadsigns*

Arcalane

"I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
~ Frank Herbert, Dune, Bene Gesserit "Litany Against Fear"

Stygian

Man, that Water of Life is some shit! I just passed all of the future through my sinuses and back again! And there's a worm on the floor! Is that mine?

*falls over* ´Å`

Danlexic is going to wander into the future unicorn and slap the beleiving that his sister puts up with that... And mystic blood on the nose is like guards at Biggs' door with smother and knock out in head and requires an explanation... In sense it makes perfect!

I feel woozy...

Supercheese

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 17, 2006, 03:15:33 PM
Done:  http://www.it-he.org/down/gimp_purify.zip

ROTFL, my computer says the file type is a "Starcraft Scenario". I guess the .scm file extension isn't unique to GIMP scripts...

Now, to install them and make good use of them! *digs around in the program folder* Here it is! *shoves them in the folder and hopes it works*

...right, back on topic. Man, now I feel really bad/stupid because I've never read Dune  :<

Dard

Quote from: Madd the Sane on November 17, 2006, 12:31:21 AM
Quote from: Tarkya on November 16, 2006, 09:24:02 PM
Does Genesis4 look... soulless in that last frame to anyone else?
Yeah... she does look like she's not completely there.  But always remember that Amber is human (or mortal, depending on your view) and can make mistakes.
Despide what Amber keeps saying, this is just not true. She "doesn't make mistakes, just happy accidents". (to use another quote) :mowhappy
Anyway, yes, I would like to have what the mightily endowed person on the last panel has been smoking. :B

Edit: is it just me, or does the :B smiley have exactly the same expression?

nick012000

I think everyone's missed something important.

There's an amazon in the adventuring party.

I don't think Abel will be the one to blow their cover- Dan will.

Arcalane

Quote from: nick012000 on November 18, 2006, 01:36:24 AM
I think everyone's missed something important.

There's an amazon in the adventuring party.

I don't think Abel will be the one to blow their cover- Dan will.

Assuming that is Skirmish back there (the grey one in the dark orangish clothing keeping an eye on Nite) then I suppose it's possible, but they should be fine as long as none of the group can read minds. Coz they're probably gonna get some crazy reception from Dan.  :U

Sid

Besides, Dan seems to have developed more of an interest in canine Succubi... :3

Alan Garou

Quote from: Sid on November 18, 2006, 10:04:06 AM
Besides, Dan seems to have developed more of an interest in canine Succubi... :3
Yeah... that's probably Dan's incubus side straining at its shackles. The dam will break very soon, I'm guessing.

Roureem Egas

Dan flirted with a bunch of women before that, remember? The "friend of beerwenches" title, and the...was it hell in a handbasket or hell freezes over when Dan said he didn't feel like hitting on girls? It was one of the two.

*is lazy*

llearch n'n'daCorna

Bit fo both, Roureem. The entire comic is heading to hell in a handbasket, but when they got there, it was time for ice hockey...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Zedd

Quote from: Alan Garou on November 18, 2006, 11:44:21 AM
Quote from: Sid on November 18, 2006, 10:04:06 AM
Yeah... that's probably Dan's incubus side straining at its shackles. The dam will break very soon, I'm guessing.

*coughs*  Canine Incubis....Hmmm..

Tapewolf

Quote from: Zedd on November 18, 2006, 02:00:22 PM
Quote from: Alan Garou on November 18, 2006, 11:44:21 AM
*coughs*  Canine Incubis....Hmmm..

Although Dan is eager to hook with a cute canine friend, I highly doubt that what he is after.  Besides if it is, Jyrras is closer to hand :P

Ramsey

Quote from: superluser on November 17, 2006, 02:38:15 PM

Dude, you're posting on a forum about a furry webcomic.  I don't think reading Dune is going to change your position on the Geek Hierarchy.

And, having advocated a furry version of Dune, I think I occupy that spot, anyway.

Edit:  Oh, dear.  I think I'm off the chart.  It only goes to ``people who write erotic versions of Star Trek where all the people are furries, like Kirk is an ocelot or something, and put a furry version of themselves as the star of the story.''

lolz But since I have a gf doesn't that give me a free read to the top? roflcopter...

Yeah... Last time I checked I wasn't trying to work my way up this "Geek Heirarchy", I was simply stating that I'm a fan of the series.

DigitalMan

Considering how Abel usually hides his headwings even just when around the inn, I highly doubt anyone noticed him as being a cubi. Dan is likely, Aaryanna is extremely probable. I'm certain the real Merlitz wouldn't tolerate his former adventuring party going after either, but unfortunately he's not there. Abel might be able to fake it, though.

Also, consider that these are adventurers, the kind that specifically hunt down and slay monsters. They have no business investigating if their intent is not to kill. They're not detectives, so I doubt they'd even take a job that just involved observing the enemy.

What irks me is that Lost Lake is essentially a pub, at least in the main area most seen. You don't go after someone in a pub, that's just not cool. There are bar fights, and obviously random chasing as seen in the past, but you can not consider yourself a good guy if you're walking into a pub looking for a fight! :dface

Come to think of it, the situation would be solved very quickly with the real Merlitz and Alexsi there.

Quote from: Alondro on November 17, 2006, 02:22:30 PM
*Charles neurologizes!*  Actually, it has been found that fear is indeed a mind-killer!  Intense fear triggers a flurry of excitatory nerve activity and a large release of glutamate in certain regions of the brain.  This sudden upswing can lead to excitotoxicity and neuron death.  The reason this apparently detrimental reaction occurs is that though some neurons die from the intense fear response, the fight-or-flight response can lead to the animal surviving a run in with danger, like a predator.   :3

Well crap, what about how all those scientists said rollercoasters were healthy because they induced that same kind of fear? :<

superluser

Quote from: Ramsey on November 18, 2006, 03:29:58 PM
Quote from: superluser on November 17, 2006, 02:38:15 PM

lolz But since I have a gf doesn't that give me a free read to the top? roflcopter...

Yeah... Last time I checked I wasn't trying to work my way up this "Geek Heirarchy", I was simply stating that I'm a fan of the series.

I took your look askance >-> to imply that you weren't proud of the fact that you are a fan of Dune.

Oh, and you don't try to work your way up (or down) the geek hierarchy.  Your place finds you.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?