11/17 - Bustles and Hedgerows

Started by bill, November 16, 2006, 08:55:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Of Hearts

Alondro

*Charline snerks*  Poor, poor Abel.  Going from worse to much MUCH worse.  He really should have let Pyro stay.  Ah well, I should let them battle, then the survivors will be too weak to face me.  That's the mark of a true strategist, wait until all your enemies are feeble before strike.  >:3  Some great malevolent mind is at work here, positioning the pieces.

*Charles nods nervously at Charline*  Indeed... it does look like someone behind the scenes is planning these events!  Like someone powerful is directing the motions of everyone involved!

*Alondro erms*  Uhmm, it's Amber.   She's writing it, you know.

*Charline and Charles in unison*   Ohhhhhh!   :3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Landon_Fox

Wouldn't it be interesting if Biggs was the one who hired the party to investigate the cubi?  He might want back at Dan for their first exchange.  So he just waited for a time when Alexsi was going to be needed and kidnapped her in a way that insured all of the adventurers who could vouch for Dan would be gone.

Sly little ferret.  If he did it at least.

Gildedtongue

Yay!  Abel uses my old sig quote!

GabrielsThoughts

Smoothe mua'dib... and I believe one of Genesis's boobs is smaller that the other.

word of advice never tell anyone you have nothing to do. It works the same as "it could be worse".
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Madd the Sane

Quote from: Tarkya on November 16, 2006, 09:24:02 PM
Does Genesis4 look... soulless in that last frame to anyone else?
Yeah... she does look like she's not completely there.  But always remember that Amber is human (or mortal, depending on your view) and can make mistakes. 
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

Madmann135

Yanno Me thinks that Abel's Rash actions against Merlitz's former party member will bring on his downfall and discovery.

Remember Abel is hemophobic and therefore has a fear of blood.  By the look of said guy in the second pannel he has a broken nose and Merlitz doesn't have such fear.  NOW of the punch victom comes to Abel with blood oozing from his nose Abel will have a reaction and blow his cover.

Then Alexsi will be mad and then she will use Abel for target practice.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

e_voyager

Quote from: King Of Hearts on November 16, 2006, 11:08:47 PM
See? Violence DO solve problems!

well id did work for him you see.  what would merlitz do? ( punch and call him a jerk)  follow action. it pass-code accepted.  you are now recognized as merlitz!
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Falcarthum

Alright... my first tought when I saw Genesis was "Hellooooooo nurse!". The second tought was "pink slip".

"Fantasy & Reality are opposed sides of the same coin."
"Artificial Intelligence stands no chance against Natural Stupidity."

<== Yappity by Silverfox

KarlOmega1

Quote from: Falcarthum on November 17, 2006, 01:30:56 AM
Alright... my first tought when I saw Genesis was "Hellooooooo nurse!". The second tought was "pink slip".

Hey, I did post that she looks Hawt!!!
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

Teroniss

Hmm, theyre after Cubi's huh? Well that might actually explain the whole mind shield thing.

e_voyager

it does explain the mind shield bit but how will able respond? tell them the her and a few of the bares normals chase her away? say that they used to date but broke up and she left with out taking his soul?
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Aridas

Quote from: Madmann135 on November 17, 2006, 01:04:39 AM
Yanno Me thinks that Abel's Rash actions against Merlitz's former party member will bring on his downfall and discovery.

Remember Abel is hemophobic and therefore has a fear of blood. By the look of said guy in the second pannel he has a broken nose and Merlitz doesn't have such fear. NOW of the punch victom comes to Abel with blood oozing from his nose Abel will have a reaction and blow his cover.

Then Alexsi will be mad and then she will use Abel for target practice.
I'm not sure if fuzzypeople noses are built the same as human noses... That, and I think he learned to keep his distance from Abel after the FIRST hit. That'd probably be a 40-60 chance of it happening, against, maybe..

Fresnor

Right this question jjust begs to be asked and since nobody else is... Think there will be a repeat of the "pink slip" incident?  Bet Abel could fake the correct reaction to that one too...  :mowwink

Falcarthum

Quote from: KarlOmega1 on November 17, 2006, 01:36:05 AM
Quote from: Falcarthum on November 17, 2006, 01:30:56 AM

Hey, I did post that she looks Hawt!!!

And I just remarked that  :nod

"Fantasy & Reality are opposed sides of the same coin."
"Artificial Intelligence stands no chance against Natural Stupidity."

<== Yappity by Silverfox

superluser

I called it!

Dan is the Kwizatz Haderach!  The `cubi have discovered a nexus that they cannot penetrate, and they are trying to see this nexus.

Abel: The TOOOOOTH!

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Tapewolf

Woah, that's not good.  (Except the Dune reference).  This is shaping out to be a pretty gripping storyline.

Now.  Abel knows that Merlitz and Aary were an item, so if he can think quickly enough, he should tell them that he (Merbel) was going out with a succubus but they split up.  That ought to throw them for a loop.

He's in a bit of a position now with regard to the fact that he's a 'cubi himself.  On the other hand, if he really wants to go for Operation Mindf___ he could tell them that Merlitz is a 'cubi and demonstrate it by making his headwings and wings appear  >:3

As for who's triggered the reports, it says 'some 'cubi' so it's almost certainly Dan and Aary.  But what would they do if they learned that the inn is itself jointly-owned by a powerful succubus?

It's rather interesting that there's any kind of panic about it, though.  After all, Aary didn't scare off any patrons, and the only time Dan did was when he turned into a human.  Matilda and presumably most of the other city folk were perfectly accepting.

I just hope they've come to investigate and not to try and kill Dan, 'cause that would suck.  I mean he's only just got over the whole 'am I a monster?' business...

**EDIT**
Merbel looks like a frightened rabbit in the last frame as soon as they say they're looking for 'cubi.  If he tells them that his Significant Other was a succubus, that should adequately explain his reaction, though.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

e_voyager

ahh head hurting . plot point many possible too many to  bluff. system crash.... just joking be pretty good theory Tapewolf

superluser

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 17, 2006, 04:31:49 AMHe's in a bit of a position now with regard to the fact that he's a 'cubi himself.  On the other hand, if he really wants to go for Operation Mindf___ he could tell them that Merlitz is a 'cubi and demonstrate it by making his headwings and wings appear  >:3

Me likey.

Also...I think that they might be looking for the demonic forces caused by Kria and mistakenly ascribed to the `cubi.

If Abel has listened to Merlitz or Aary at all, he will know that the evil has been ``found.''  And Danielle will help to explain that both Dan and Merlitz were instrumental in stopping the evil.

Nightmyste: Alexsi, I'd really like to talk to Dan about that.
Danielle: Do you think I'd let Dan anywhere near this place while I'm giving a tour?
Journalist: Hey, this Dan sounds interesting.  Where can I find him?
Danielle...Uh...

On a related, horribly scarring note, Pierce Brosnan is attached for Mrs. Doubtfire 2.

ShiningShadow

So right now I want to know who hire them to search for the Cubi. I think its all Biggs doing here. He's planning for something big *wait a minute* could this whole arc is one big master plan for Falina to perpetate a war with the Dragons and getting the key players in place for this master plan to come to fruition. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm interesting I have a bad feeling about this while the party that is there at Lost lake will cause all the Damage and Dan gets the blame.

Stygian

I'm just glad to see that Amber apparrently appreciates Frank Herbert, just as I do. If she knows that the second sentence is originally a line of Aldous Huxley's (favourite author), then she earns a bonus point. A final point can be earned, along with tea and a cookie, for those who know the book in which Huxley wrote this line.

And I predict drama and wordless stares in the future of this comic.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Stygian on November 17, 2006, 10:20:02 AM
I'm just glad to see that Amber apparrently appreciates David Lynch, just as I do.
It's been a while since I read 'Dune' so I can't now remember if it was something Lynch made up or taken from the original Frank Herbert novel.  Any takers?

Stygian

Sooooorry. Said Lynch. Out of nowhere. Dunno how. I guess I thought about the movie. *bangs himself with a rock, shouting 'Jehovah, Jehovah!'*

And you're in the right time period, but there's not much more to it, Tapes.

e_voyager

are you two referring to the fear is the mind killer bit? i honestly don't remember that part of it but if so there is a much more contemporary place to find that reference. and he hangs out with an earthworm named Jim.

GabrielsThoughts

" Earthworm Jim! The soil he did crawl. Earthworm Jim! A hero for us all. Earthworm Jim, he was just a dirt eating grubby link of worm until the day when blah blah blah bla bla blah blah blaaaaaaaa! Earthworm,Earthworm,Earthworm Jim hoo-ray for hiiiiim!
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

ITOS

Remember Abel, every good lie has some truth in it. With that in mind, it wouldn't be very hard to solve this situation.

But I don't think people on this forum are intrested in peacefull solutions. :P
This generic comment was brought to you by:

Tapewolf

Quote from: ITOS on November 17, 2006, 12:33:42 PM
Remember Abel, every good lie has some truth in it. With that in mind, it wouldn't be very hard to solve this situation.
But I don't think people on this forum are interested in peaceful solutions. :P

Oh I am, I just don't think it's very likely.
Besides, it's possible they have been sent to find and slay any 'cubi in the Lost Lake area.  Getting around that is going to be tricky  :<

superluser

Quote from: Stygian on November 17, 2006, 10:20:02 AMA final point can be earned, along with tea and a cookie, for those who know the book in which Huxley wrote this line.

Yay tea and cookie!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Litany_against_fear:

"Fear is the mind killer" is a phrase from Aldous Huxley's Novel, "Island" Published in 1962.

ITOS

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 17, 2006, 12:38:28 PM
Quote from: ITOS on November 17, 2006, 12:33:42 PM
But I don't think people on this forum are interested in peaceful solutions. :P

Oh I am, I just don't think it's very likely.
Besides, it's possible they have been sent to find and slay any 'cubi in the Lost Lake area.  Getting around that is going to be tricky  :<

Nah, all he needs to say is that there has been some cubi activity and ask them about more details. Like who hired them and what the cubi they are looking for looks like.

If it's Aary or Fa'Lina he could say that they left (which is true). If it's Dan he could assure them that he knows the cubi in question and that they have nothing to worry about (also true). If it is himself he would have some trouble, though...
This generic comment was brought to you by:

terrycloth

Abel should just blame it all on Aaryana:
"She dumped me."
Optional bonus: "I think the rats in the basement can lead you to her current lair." if you want the adventurers to die.