10/25/06 - Winning tastes like Dirt!

Started by Grenn, October 25, 2006, 12:06:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Quote from: ShiningShadow on October 25, 2006, 07:05:08 AM
That's up to her on the name change. Now on the topic at hand hmmmmmmmm asking Abel to go to Twi nk territories with the gals hmmmmmmmm. I think Abel is a resident there at twink terrritories look at Dan's mom. Anywho I glad abel changed to Merlitz man that angry face is so funny.
And it means I get to do his voice again :P

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

e_voyager

have fun. i think that he changes to keep Dan as far form Pyro duck as possible. i wonder how this will play out in the long run though
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

ITOS

Where is Jyrras and Azlan? I wonder if they would fall for Dan's and Abel's disguise...
This generic comment was brought to you by:

Alondro

Quote from: RJ on October 25, 2006, 12:36:52 AM
"When life gives you dirt... make mud pies...?" o_o

*Charles Confucianizes!*  Wise man say, he who throw mud lose ground.  :3

Hee, I just had a funny old cliche image of Merlitz showing up and doing the hallway mirror routine with 'Merlitz'.   :mowhappy
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

rt

Yup, there's Mab .. and hey she's being plot convenient again!  :mowhappy :giggle

Sid

That suggestion is hilarious on so many levels, though.
A Fae and a Cubi combining their magic powers to shapeshift a Dragon that apparently can shapeshift already. Riiight. ;)

Now that they're out of the house, though, I hope the story stays with the rescue party. Right now (after the SAIA- and the Mall-arc), another arc of Dan and Abel chatting about their life stories and the Cubi race would possibly make me scream. Sorry, I know people apparently LOVE Abel, but my saturation level has been reached, and there is so freaking much potential in the rescue party that it would be a shame not to explore it.

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 25, 2006, 04:14:48 AM
I think it's probably Wildy who's speaking (since it was her idea).  Others have already realised why Abel has made his about-turn.

Actually doubt it. The "winning tastes like dirt" phrase strikes me as quite Mab-ish. Unless you meant something else o.o

Argh, edit: The titlebar song... what movie did it appear in? I think it was a prison movie, but I'm REALLY not sure anymore...
:boogie

Regal

Quote from: chaotik on October 25, 2006, 04:16:08 AM
*sigh* and once again the females put one over on the males and get them to act according to thier whims.....if there's any justice in the world at all, Mab and Wildy's little plan will backfire horribly, and Dan will have to come pull them out of the fire anyhow.....

Yeah, but Dan is female right now, so it would still be the females being superior.  :mowtongue

Tapewolf

Quote from: Sid on October 25, 2006, 10:38:55 AM
Quote from: Tapewolf on October 25, 2006, 04:14:48 AM
I think it's probably Wildy who's speaking (since it was her idea).

Actually doubt it. The "winning tastes like dirt" phrase strikes me as quite Mab-ish. Unless you meant something else o.o

You could be right there, looking at it again the speech bubble seems to correspond roughly with her head (although since it's off-shot we can't be sure).

ShiningShadow

I think it's Mabs saying this. She could give the meaning of plot changes cool I like where this strip is going. I can't wait for the continuing laugh riots in this strip.

Zedd

This is why I dont like fighting at Lost Lake in Second Life....Its near a troll account called Lalalala Land...Oyi vey that place boots users to nowhere land

Grenn

t's gotta be Mab talking :) That's just such a Mab phrase :)

And Azlan hit it on the head. Seeing the "angry Merlitz face" is just so much fun :lol

Manawolf

It's better to taste dirt than to lick asphalt.

terrycloth

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on October 25, 2006, 01:31:48 AM
Mab is a fae, so if she wanted to, she could probably know every little detail of what's going on and make use of it in-character. Don't forget how deceptively powerful these guys are...

So basically, you think Mab is metagaming? Using player knowledge?

I bet she min-maxed her stats, too... you know how many points you can get for the sort of personality disadvantages she roleplays? :B

AmigaDragon

Quote from: DigitalMan
I can't help but wonder if Mab was pushing said buttons deliberately or not...
Quote from: Grenn
That's mab :p Pushed a button and didn't even know it.
Personally, I think Mab's clueless about those particular buttons.  :mowwink
Quote from: e_voyageri think that he changes to keep Dan as far form Pyro duck as possible. i wonder how this will play out in the long run though
Is that it or does Abel just generally hate dragons?
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Tapewolf

Quote from: AmigaDragon on October 25, 2006, 02:04:22 PM
Is that it or does Abel just generally hate dragons?

The way I see it, he's terrified that Pyro is going to murder Dan.  I think that probably extends to all or most dragons, actually, but we don't really know enough.

Given the discussion about Fa'Lina's alleged conspiracy in the other thread, I have been wondering something.

"..the deaths led [to] a call for war against all 'cubi races.."
--Abel's history lesson, #508

What if it was the dragons who organised this war?

Zedd

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 25, 2006, 02:15:40 PM
What if it was the dragons who organised this war?

Or maybe soommmmmething...Like...WE DONT KNOW YET! *holds  Jak by the collar and shouts in his ear* Sorry had to be done by the near bigger dog...

Tiger_T

Quote from: ×HaZ×MaT× on October 25, 2006, 01:17:21 AM
Quote from: Sheridan on October 25, 2006, 12:32:05 AM
:B

Once again, it is dated [10/25/06]. If you don't believe me, see the title bar for the comic.

Stop living in the past, silly `mericans. :P
But Amber lives just above us silly 'mericans, so shouldn't the date be accustomed to when she uploaded the comic?
Would you rather want to wait until it's midnight over there? >:3
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

Sid

Given the discussion about Fa'Lina's alleged conspiracy in the other thread, I have been wondering something.

Which of the active threads is that? I don't follow these threads to the bitter end since they often end in chit-chat or over-the-top speculation.

But that history section (and Fa'Lina's role in it) interests me (since I will need it for my next project), so a pointer would be awesome. :) It most likely won't change my personal view of those events, but you never know...

Tapewolf

Quote from: Sid on October 25, 2006, 02:59:31 PM

Which of the active threads is that? I don't follow these threads to the bitter end since they often end in chit-chat or over-the-top speculation.

"Cubi dislike Dragons" pages 5 and 6.  On page 5, it is speculated that Fa'lina has her own special agenda and is moulding the 'cubi race to her will since virtually all 'cubi attend SAIA at some point in their lives.  My counterargument is at the start of page 6.

Sid

Drake Manaweilder

Quote from: Manawolf on October 25, 2006, 01:44:43 PM
It's better to taste dirt than to lick asphalt.

geez, ain't that the truth, I wiped out on a road once and left a 10m streak :[

anywhos I hope the reporters don't ask for a demonstration of fire magic... assuming that 'Lex told them his skill...

Tapewolf

Quote from: Drake Manaweilder on October 25, 2006, 03:44:14 PM
anywhos I hope the reporters don't ask for a demonstration of fire magic... assuming that 'Lex told them his skill...

Oh, no worries there.  Abel's quite capable of that.  It's when they start asking Being-specific questions about "What made you, a Being, decide to take up magic?" or "Where did you learn magic?" that things will start to get uncomfortable.  To say nothing of the "tell us about the Human you saw" family of questions  >:3

**EDIT**
Of course, Abel could reveal that 'Merlitz' is actually an incubus in disguise, but it won't help with the Human bit.

Zedd

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 25, 2006, 03:50:22 PM
Quote from: Drake Manaweilder on October 25, 2006, 03:44:14 PM

Oh, no worries there.  Abel's quite capable of that.  It's when they start asking Being-specific questions about "What made you, a Being, decide to take up magic?" or "Where did you learn magic?" that things will start to get uncomfortable.  To say nothing of the "tell us about the Human you saw" family of questions  >:3

Specialy there is way play with magic as well..*as his eyes glowed*

e_voyager

i dobut that able will have a problem with fire magics all things considered.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Zedd

Quote from: e_voyager on October 25, 2006, 04:13:51 PM
i dobut that able will have a problem with fire magics all things considered.

Abel gots my vote! for being the flaming manic

Zorro

e_voyager

Quote from: Zedd on October 25, 2006, 04:17:31 PM

Abel gots my vote! for being the flaming manic
i do believe the terms was flaming hypocrite.

Caswin

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 25, 2006, 05:07:26 AMI still think that Destania figures in this somehow.  Heck, it's possible that she kidnapped Alexsi to draw Dan into the Twink territories - perhaps she wanted to see how they've grown up but can't leave the TT for some reason.  If these wannabes turn up instead of Dan she is going to be rather annoyed.
You may have something there.  It has a definite Midsummer Night's Dream logic (if you want to call it that) to it.

*Woots as usual for Mab appearances*
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Madmann135

some could say that Mab knew what she was saying though others can say that it was just Mabness speaking trying to be usefull.

Me personally Mab is the smart person who just loves life and is a convient story assistant. 
Mab knows more than she will ever tell and she rarely gets on people's bad side which is not easy because you have to know who the said individual is and what they like and dislike. 
Mab is REALLY har do be mad at for longet than 5 seconds and therefore can easily get away with many things. 

Mab may be quite literal but she is also quite brilliant.  Pyroduck could easily change himself into looking like Merlitz but she went the extra mile to say "between me and Abel we could make Pyroduck look like Merlitz."
Knowing Abel he still doesn't trust Pyroduck but won't do anything against him for a while BUT Abel won't help Pyroduck for as long as he can and Abel will not let Pyroduck stay alone with Dan if he could help it.

So either Bubbly luck or really observent Mab said the right thing and Angry Merlitz face is back.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Zedd

Yay for angry Melitz face...And somehow sideline note..Does it look winning T to some people?