10/21/06 - None of your bizzynezz :P

Started by Pendolse, October 20, 2006, 09:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miaka

Quote from: Gabi on October 22, 2006, 08:12:27 AM
Quote from: Miaka on October 22, 2006, 07:51:15 AM
Quote from: Zina on October 21, 2006, 03:15:16 PM
Quote from: Cogidubnus on October 21, 2006, 11:29:52 AM
Like perhaps his mother? Of whom Devin looks suspociously like the principal that first School? :3

Edited for bad grammer.

Just because they're both -blue- doesn't mean they're related.
Especcially given that one's a -badger- and the other's a feline of some sort.
That's not going to stop speculation. Especially after Jyrras.
Not that I believe they're related, I doubt they are. But speculation, especially on this forum, can't be stopped that easily.
Hush! no words for you! *waves arm about accusingly* ...er.

LionHeart

Quote from: Madmann135 on October 21, 2006, 02:37:31 PM
Men have a tendency to NOT talk about emotions and we also have a tendency to have a hard time talking about the cause of what brought on the negative emotions.

Part of that (IMO, at least) is that "not talking about emotions" (or even admitting to them) is practically hard-wired into the definition of being male, in our culture...

Quote from: Gabi on October 22, 2006, 08:12:27 AM
...speculation, especially on this forum, can't be stopped that easily.

If it can be stopped at all...
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

ShiningShadow

I think he's hiding his emotions for Abel for some reason or another. I will wait till the hat falls for an answer. Till then I will not speculate further.

ITOS

This generic comment was brought to you by:

e_voyager

i agree. if you don't try to predict the future then you'll never get any better at it.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Gabi

Quote from: e_voyager on October 23, 2006, 07:08:14 PM
i agree. if you don't try to predict the future then you'll never get any better at it.
But isn't it written "it won't get better if you pick at it"?
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

ShiningShadow

That's right like vultures. Okay I will speculate here it is. I think have a huge crush on Abel and he doesn't want Abel to know about it. Why because he is extremely shy and don't know his feelings for Abel is true or not. Henceforth the rejection issues anyway as I see it it will be revealed in the next strip.

Aridas

...ya know, I keep seeing one knowitall or another on the forum, talking about how Devin has a crush on Abel without putting down any evidence either to prove it sufficiently or disprove the alternative... So instead of that, I'll put down what I think. The show of emotion and the effects used especially detail something else is wrong. I think he's even crying, as shown on his right eye, unless that was just accidentally messing up the shadow over his eyes... But he does hint that the reason he was the way he was is a bad one. He never said or did anything to hint that he had any feelings for Abel other than the regret and sorrow he seems to have now. This is all negative stuff, not really the kind of reaction you'd see if this were a simple crush. Seriously. I think he wanted to consider Abel his friend, but had an image to keep up. Things are like that in real life, and I know that all too well.

ShiningShadow

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on October 24, 2006, 07:33:24 AM
...ya know, I keep seeing one knowitall or another on the forum, talking about how Devin has a crush on Abel without putting down any evidence either to prove it sufficiently or disprove the alternative... So instead of that, I'll put down what I think. The show of emotion and the effects used especially detail something else is wrong. I think he's even crying, as shown on his right eye, unless that was just accidentally messing up the shadow over his eyes... But he does hint that the reason he was the way he was is a bad one. He never said or did anything to hint that he had any feelings for Abel other than the regret and sorrow he seems to have now. This is all negative stuff, not really the kind of reaction you'd see if this were a simple crush. Seriously. I think he wanted to consider Abel his friend, but had an image to keep up. Things are like that in real life, and I know that all too well.

I'm not claiming to be a know it all just seeing beyond the lines etc that's all. But you have a point there if the crush is evident it will show in the strip. Who knows what will Devin will finally say to Abel when this matter is said and done. I don't know either in this case I could be completely be wrong on the message is giving out to us.

Aridas

You shouldn't be "beyond the lines" because as evidenced by most of your other posts about the plotlines, you end up far off from anything that would ever become a plot.

e_voyager

Quote from: Gabi on October 24, 2006, 06:34:39 AM
Quote from: e_voyager on October 23, 2006, 07:08:14 PM
But isn't it written "it won't get better if you pick at it"?

silly Gabi that pick at not predict it. also that's something from Karnak  the demon of wounds philosophy not mine.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

ShiningShadow

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on October 25, 2006, 01:19:22 AM
You shouldn't be "beyond the lines" because as evidenced by most of your other posts about the plotlines, you end up far off from anything that would ever become a plot.

Touche. Maybe I do that if there's is a plot line way off of left field here and sometimes I get it right. But in my case it's very rare I get it right. That's why I over anylize the strip till I get something there. *meh* that's me

Aridas

One thing comes to mind, though...

KISS: Keep It Simple, Stupid :3

ShiningShadow

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on October 25, 2006, 11:40:01 AM
One thing comes to mind, though...

KISS: Keep It Simple, Stupid :3

OUCH! you wound me my herald joking. Anywho I know you think Devin is not the kind of person who share feelings with anybody is that what the consensous think. If I'm wrong then I'm wrong. I hope this is simple enough.

Aridas

I still dunno. All the signs just don't point to what everyone seems to be saying.

Zedd

*nails a sign on someones house "Abel's gay..Fergeet about eet"* >:3

e_voyager

sighs. do i need to time travel and pull proof form some future comics to settle this? well to bad since i hate time travel. IT slowly eats away amt memory and sanity over time.

Zedd

Im just stabbing in the dark like most formumnites do sometimes E and didnt we rember leave that sanity at the door?

Aridas

Quote from: e_voyager on October 25, 2006, 04:22:25 PM
sighs. do i need to time travel and pull proof form some future comics to settle this? well to bad since i hate time travel. IT slowly eats away amt memory and sanity over time.
Except, YOU CAN'T. And even if you went into the future, you wouldn't be coming back.

e_voyager

Aridas chill. this is not the brain trust ( snide comment omitted until annoyed) this is a place to talk about the comic we enjoy a play around a but not try to bring star trek the the world as we know it.

Aridas

This isn't the place to complain about my comments and put together incoherent sentences either.

ShiningShadow

Aridas, E voayger calm down lets. cool our heads and do this in a respectful and civilized manner please. I don't like it when you two go at it then it will be flamming please let's keep our focus and the topic on hand okay.

Aridas

Don't police us either. I've had enough of you sucking up and telling people what to do. Especially since I've had to be told not to tell people what to do. Just get your nose out of our business, because it really doesn't have anything to do with you.

Damaris

:nono

Enough.  If I see anything else along this discussion path, I'm taking names to the admin forum to discuss ban lengths.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

llearch n'n'daCorna

Having just gone through and rescripted the Abel story, for the last half a dozen pages, I'm thinking there is something there, and Abel should have pushed for an answer. However, I realise that in his position, it's very hard to kepe pushing fo a response - and bear in mind, the response you get may not be the one you asked for.

Interesting theories, though. I plan to wait and see, as ShiningShadow mentioned...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

ShiningShadow

I can't wiat for how this story will come full circle and we all understand what Devin meant and his feelings will finally be out in the open.