Smokers, Assemble!

Started by Jim Halisstrad, October 04, 2006, 05:17:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Halisstrad

Oh before I type anything else, if you don't smoke thats cool.  Just try not to flame those who do.

I was wondering what brands of potion smokers who lurk around these forms use?  Personally I go for Silver brand cigarettes.  Which I am convinced that only twenty stores nation wide carry.  Although before I switched to a cheaper brand, I started and stuck with Camel Wides for about a year. (I've only been smoking for about three years.  I have at least two more before I'm going to start thinking about quiting ;p)

Heh, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if I was the only smoker.

ITOS

I don't smoke, I don't drink, I never swear and I'm fucking proud of it. :P
This generic comment was brought to you by:

insanekaosx

I doubt I could stop swearing if my life depended on it >>

The only drug I take is caffeine.

bill

I like smokers. Smoking is medically proven to make you 33% cooler.

That, and tobacco companies are responsible for some of the meanest F1 liveries of all time.

Jim Halisstrad

It's all the tar,  we hack it out and use it as hair grease.  Thats where all the style comes into play.

mini-lion

unfortunately i see the effects of smoking while working, i get young people come in and buy cig's who look pretty healthy (yes i do check for id) then you see the older guys and gals that have been smoking for a while and its quite annoying to think that the younger generation will end up dependent on a drug that is proven to lower your life expectancy

makes me grrr

Manawolf

Sworn off threes things in my life that will only take away my money and leave me unhealthy and short of life:

Cigs, alcohol, and MMORPGS

thegayhare

I've been tempted to pick up a pipe,  not for any need to smoke but I love the smell of cherry pipe tobacco,  most pip tobacco is rather fragrent I've found...

I don't smoke but I wonder if I could burn it in an incence burner

Anara

I always see students around school who smoke, often they're only 15/16. It's just so sad to think of the problems they're going to face as they get older, especially since I consider some of them to be friends. Personally, I have sworn to never even try smoking although I'm not adverse to drinking... I mean... when I'm old enough of course :paranoid  Only another month (yay!).

Vidar

I don't smoke. I am bent on destroying other internal organs with alcohol ,video games and various self-baked cookies/experiments.  :mowcookie
\^.^/ \O.O/ \¬.¬/ \O.^/ \o.o/ \-.-/' \O.o/ \0.0/ \>.</

Zedd

llearch n'n'daCorna

Can us non-smokers turn up at the assembly point with fire extinguishers? :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Gornemant

bah, cigarettes, child's "make me cooler" toy, f :cuss chain smokers  :cuss

I prefer these

or these

on rare occasions  :3

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 05, 2006, 06:36:51 AM
why yes of course  :3

Alondro

*Charles quotes from Aladdin*  Combination hookah and coffee maker!  Also makes julienne fries!  Guarateed will not break... eh... it broke... *toss*   :mowhappy

Smoking is expensive.  But, I wouldn't care if people smoked so long as I don't have to pick up their medical bills in rasied insurance premiums and hospital costs.  I figure, it's your choice to smoke, and your choice to risk disease and death... But I shouldn't have to pay for your choice too.  You could say before that the tobacco companies were hiding facts, but now it's all out there, all over the place.  If you start now, you're on your own. 
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Gabi

Quote from: BillBuckner on October 04, 2006, 06:06:26 PM
Indeed. You lose a lot of body heat when you die.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

ITOS

Quote from: Gabi on October 05, 2006, 09:43:42 AM
Quote from: BillBuckner on October 04, 2006, 06:06:26 PM
Indeed. You lose a lot of body heat when you die.

:laugh *applauds Gabi*
This generic comment was brought to you by:

Jim Halisstrad

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 05, 2006, 06:36:51 AM

I'm starting to think that there would be only one ;p

Sweet, I'm the Highlander of cigarettes. :trooper

llearch n'n'daCorna

Nah. Us non-smokers are just more verbal about it.

.. but then, we're more verbal about everything, since we don't have to stop and catch our breath so often... ;-)

Vidar

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 05, 2006, 11:19:16 AM
Nah. Us non-smokers are just more verbal about it.

Yes, we are a bit like vegans.
Each time vegans feel the urge to eat meat, they tell someone they are vegan.
Each time we feel like a smoke, we tell someone we don't smoke.  ;)
\^.^/ \O.O/ \¬.¬/ \O.^/ \o.o/ \-.-/' \O.o/ \0.0/ \>.</

Gareeku

While I am not a smoker myself, I do get annoyed at these people preaching in smokers' faces and saying "OMFG DONT SMOKE YOU FOOL" and "LOL SMOKERS SUCK", because not only is it rather rude, it also makes people who smoke feel like a piece of s**t.

It is up to people themselves to decide whether they want to smoke, some of my friends do and i couldn't care less, it doesn't change their personality or anything (unless they haven't had any cigarettes in a few days, then they get a little cranky >.>). A lot of smokers i know feel guilty about smoking as it is without having some self-righteous idiot who has appointed themselves the governor of morals preaching in their faces about how they shouldn't do it.

Don't get me wrong, smoking kills i know, but what smokers need is advice, not lectures.

There's my thoughts, anyway.

Amber Williams

I don't have an issue with smokers, I grew up around them.  I'm probably the only one in the family who has never picked up smoking as a habit.

I have tried a cigarrette or two, never really felt much of an appeal. Honestly I kind of liked the rare cigar better. When I was in college, going through the smokescreen outside of class was annoying, but there was always one person on Fridays who would smoke what I think were clove cigarrettes or something because they smelled rather fragrant and almost sweet.  If I did pick up smoking, I'd probably give those a try.

But I'm too broke and really don't have the time for a new addiction.

Zorro

Beer and Coffee YES! 

Hard Alcohol and Tobacco NO!

Gornemant

Beer and strawberries yogurt, the champion's breakfast  :3

llearch n'n'daCorna

Vodka and cigarettes, because breakfast is the most important meal of the day! :-)

Gornemant

nononono, potatoes for the evening, you need bread in the morning  :B

Zorro

Quote from: Gornemant on October 05, 2006, 06:10:29 PM
nononono, potatoes for the evening, you need bread in the morning  :B

Only in Soviet Russia.

Nikki

>> i'm considering going with a few of my friend and trying out a bit of what they smoke.. >>

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

Slavkei

Quote from: Xze-Xze on October 07, 2006, 12:27:51 AM
>> i'm considering going with a few of my friend and trying out a bit of what they smoke.. >>

YOU'RE THIRTEEN. Wait a few years. Jesus christ.

Amber Williams

Actually I think Xze is 17...

Granted by law thats still illigal, but honestly I could care less what one does in their freetime.  Just don't post about it incriminating yourself.

Miaka

walking by people smoking ciggarettes makes me cough, and then I sound like I'm dying, so smoking's a no with me.

caffeine=hellz yes, though. >>