2022/11/28 [Xer Chapter 9]

Started by Starcat5, November 28, 2022, 07:41:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Starcat5

09-01 - One man's kidnap is another man's liberation

New chapter, new thread. And once again the specter of Johan Cross messes with Jakob's life. -_(\
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

Starcat5

09-02 - Somebody's lying, but who...?

"There is no Bob."
"Next you're going to tell me there's no Sandy Claws either."

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

Raskahn

The guy gives off Ashford vibes. I don't suppose he has a desklamp...

Starcat5

09-04 - Making friends and influencing people

"Not the wings! Not the WINGS!" Also, our hourly reminder that DMFA is a Crapsaccharine setting.

Merlin

Tapewolf

Quote from: Starcat5 on January 09, 2023, 12:44:24 AM
Also, our hourly reminder that DMFA is a Crapsaccharine setting.

More to the point, while it is said that "science advances one funeral at a time", shorter lives mean a lot of hard lessons get forgotten, as people get complacent about peace and prosperity and start to chip away at the things which make it possible, assuming they are no longer needed.
Valdemar is multiple generations removed from present-day DMFA, which is long enough to go "Why should we play nice with winged people?"  And tradition can keep hatred alive long after the original reasons are forgotten.  Whereas folks like Strauss and Jakob remember the bad old days and want to make sure that they don't come back.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Starcat5

09-05 - When nearly 200 years of peace isn't good enough for you

Looks like he is just another Red Queen, ready to paint his roses red with the blood of others.  :mowsad

ProfesseurRenard

Quote from: Starcat5 on January 16, 2023, 12:27:37 AM
09-05 - When nearly 200 years of peace isn't good enough for you

Looks like he is just another Red Queen, ready to paint his roses red with the blood of others.  :mowsad

That was the Queen of Hearts, but I understand your confusion. The two are often conflated.

Starcat5

09-06 - Valdemar failed his persuasion check

The problem of being a Zealot, who only ever interacts with other zealots, is that you forget how to interact with normal people.  :rolleyes