2022-08-17 [DMFA #2087] - Of maturity and frozen peas

Started by Tapewolf, August 17, 2022, 09:26:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

"Nothing" seems to be a common theme with regard to Regina's feelings towards rampages and similar Demonic expectations.  Given Viv's analysis at the party I suspect there's more to it than just the peas.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

HaDDea

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 17, 2022, 09:26:24 AM
"Nothing" seems to be a common theme with regard to Regina's feelings towards rampages and similar Demonic expectations.  Given Viv's analysis at the party I suspect there's more to it than just the peas.

Well, I'd guess that for Regina, her first taste of Power(TM) (power that the Demons recognize) was a singularly bad taste - it wasn't fun or exhilarating, heck, she didn't even engage in it consciously initially. And it ruined a fun day for her and a bunch of other people she was just beginning to like. But she kept being pushed towards that Power(TM) as the only acceptable form of recognition. Thus she masked up - said the proper words, made the appropriate signs and gestures, all the while internally associating Power(TM) with pain and discomfort. Why she feels nothing is possibly because she has never been given by anyone - including herself - the space to consider or process her feelings on her accidental rampage and the shaming that came as a result of it. Viv was probably the first to do so, and Aliph the second.

And here, Uncle Aliph has given her some insight into how her dad - who's been pushing the Power(TM) monologue pretty hard at her - is not as Powerful(TM) as she previously thought, and giving her a little Power of her own over her dad - sneaky, informational power rather than rampagy Power(TM), but power nonetheless. But again, it isn't fun, and there will be negative repercussions for both herself and people she likes if she uses that Power to gloat or publicly shame her dad. And the thing is: Regina still wants to believe in the image of Power(TM) that she and other young Demons were sold - the idea of joyous, almost manic delight in stomping all over your adversary. Regina has yet to actually enjoy being Powerful - I think she may somewhat hate it subconsciously.