2022-07-20 [DMFA #2084] - For Everything Else Money Can't Buy, There's Ducks

Started by GammaEradon, July 20, 2022, 09:58:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GammaEradon

I'm adoring seeing more of Aliph in different lights. Look at him feeding the duckies!

ProfesseurRenard

Going with your uncle to a small town: £300
A decent set of clothing: £150
Feeding ducks by the lake: £60
Hearing that your uncle finances the town: Priceless

Russec

Glenn Griffon

Quote from: Russec on July 20, 2022, 09:58:51 PM
Props to DP for not feeding them bread! Peas 100%  :mowhappy
He may be evil but he's only cruel when cruelty is called for.
Needless cruelty is a waste of energy.

GammaEradon

Quote from: Glenn Griffon on July 20, 2022, 11:19:54 PM

This is what makes Aliph such an interesting figure.

Glenn Griffon

Quote from: GammaEradon on July 21, 2022, 12:10:38 PM
Quote from: Glenn Griffon on July 20, 2022, 11:19:54 PM

This is what makes Aliph such an interesting figure.
Yeah Lawful Evil is one of the best ways to do a villain.
Cause he started off as your typical methodical eeeevil bad guy sort who is cold and calculating with no sympathy and now he's grown into a character with depth and complexity and some pathos and relatability.

I get so excited every time he shows up cause I just get so excited about what's gonna happen next. An evil demon sitting by a pond feeding the ducks with his niece - Where's this going? What's happening?

Tuyu

Quote from: Glenn Griffon on July 24, 2022, 12:53:26 PM
An evil demon sitting by a pond feeding the ducks with his niece - Where's this going? What's happening?
In many universes, the obvious answer would be some form of demonic/transmorgrified/exploding ducks attacking the populace.

But here, it seems likely the local guardians will complain about having to stay on high alert while he did absolutely nothing of interest.

Hariman

Indeed, money can't solve all problems, and it can't but sincere love or friendship or camaraderie.

But it damn well CAN buy peace of mind, which really helps happiness because the bills are covered, rent is paid, food is on the table, and there's savings in case of emergency.

Fortunately, Aliph/Dark Pegasus really is a good father figure, which is still a welcome surprise.

Especially considering that I think Malle and Regina's mother should probably be trapped in retail until they learn how to be better people and I've worked retail, so I'd only inflict retail upon the worst of people.
Am I the only person who thinks that Mr. Roboto rusts out and eventually becomes the Ironman?

No not that Ironman, the other one!

Glenn Griffon

Quote from: Hariman on July 29, 2022, 03:28:09 PM
Indeed, money can't solve all problems, and it can't but sincere love or friendship or camaraderie.

But it damn well CAN buy peace of mind, which really helps happiness because the bills are covered, rent is paid, food is on the table, and there's savings in case of emergency.

The love of money is the root of all evil, the lack of money is the root of most problems.