2022/11/05 [TROG 3.04] Principle and Execution

Started by ProfesseurRenard, May 10, 2022, 01:01:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ProfesseurRenard

Interesting design for the gallows. And I'd be pretty confused too in the Scaler hangman's position- a dog halfie due to be executed for theft and murder remarking seemingly out of the blue on the fact he has a tail?

Tapewolf

Quote from: ProfesseurRenard on May 10, 2022, 01:01:10 PM
Interesting design for the gallows. And I'd be pretty confused too in the Scaler hangman's position- a dog halfie due to be executed for theft and murder remarking seemingly out of the blue on the fact he has a tail?

Maybe I should have linked Merlin the Tyburn Tree or something, but it's too late now.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

ProfesseurRenard

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 10, 2022, 02:08:43 PM
Quote from: ProfesseurRenard on May 10, 2022, 01:01:10 PM

Maybe I should have linked Merlin the Tyburn Tree or something, but it's too late now.

Tyburn was a good example, but I quite like this version, a single pole with a pulley on top. Kind of puts me in mind of the Austrian gibbets...

Merlin

it's a type of würgegalgen, typically the feet get a rope too so you can pull them down to snap the neck instead of waiting all day (depending on how you feel)

i went to a wax museum at surfer's the other week and it had a hall of horrors section with a replica that i liked the look of. alas, they wouldn't let you take pictures. but i did get all the parts of a guillotine explained to me by a very excited old italian man.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Merlin on May 11, 2022, 03:44:26 AM
it's a type of würgegalgen, typically the feet get a rope too so you can pull them down to snap the neck instead of waiting all day (depending on how you feel)

Right, I think Norway used to use something like that.  Well researched!

Quotei went to a wax museum at surfer's the other week and it had a hall of horrors section with a replica that i liked the look of. alas, they wouldn't let you take pictures. but i did get all the parts of a guillotine explained to me by a very excited old italian man.

Should help next time we do that!  I had to add the runners again in Nick's nightmare, but to be fair that was old art recycled...

Merlin

well he didn't let me take any photos so we'll see if i actually learned anything

they did also have a very impressive replica maiden which i kinda wanna draw at some point

Tapewolf

Quote from: Merlin on May 11, 2022, 06:05:59 AM
well he didn't let me take any photos so we'll see if i actually learned anything
they did also have a very impressive replica maiden which i kinda wanna draw at some point

Yeah, that would probably work well for the DHS universe which is somewhat lower tech

ProfesseurRenard

Quote from: Merlin on May 11, 2022, 06:05:59 AM

Oh aye, the Maiden. Do let me know if you ever get round to that, I look forward to seeing your take on the end of the Marquis of Argyll

Quote from: Merlin on May 11, 2022, 03:44:26 AM

And yes, that's the type of gallows I'd been thinking of. 'Würgegalgen', I must remember that name.