2022-03-28 [DMFA #2072] Dark for dark business

Started by Tapewolf, March 28, 2022, 04:42:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Turning the lights off again would probably make the comic update faster, too.

I'm kind of hoping that we get an expose on those documents Dan is studying, because it's clearly troubling him.  I'm not sure if Dan is fully aware of the visual similarity between his father and Abel's father since he's only been told about Aniz verbally, but seeing Edward with the Siar clan mark next to him and text talking about 'Cubi parentage is a little disturbing.
In-universe, some people assume they are the same person and some think they've cleared Edward of being Aniz.  So this might be paperwork from those investigations, but it also looks like some kind of official report, perhaps from Zinvth (who want to make sure Aniz really is dead)?
That said, Dan's interview with Taun ended wtih her telling Dan that she knew where Edward is being held, so this might be related to that too.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

MT Hazard

Hey, it's one of the title characters! Hey Dan!

Also, punishment? What exactly did Dan do since his return to the academy?
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Tapewolf

Quote from: MT Hazard on March 28, 2022, 06:11:42 AM
Also, punishment? What exactly did Dan do since his return to the academy?
Heh, I think it's Aary being punished for being over-eager with the light switch.

MT Hazard

Also, I'm guessing that despite being feline Dan doesn't have good night vision, if he had that desk lamp would be enough for him to see the entire room with.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

WhyNot?

For an easier reference, what we can see of the documents seem to read:

miles were
child's birth.
were an
without causing
society.
not be
fosters
same individual
bear the telltale
Creature ancestry along
with the usual parental
similarities that occur with a Cubi
or Cubi adjacent offspring.

Upon further inspection
able to track down one
who recognized
Accord

For a bit, given that the most visible bit is about thinking of Cubi offspring and seems to then be looking back at the parents, I did wonder if it was some sort of internal report about Dan when he started his Adventuring career. Looking over the rest of the document I'm not sure that still fits, especially given the Siar Clan marking on it, but it was my first thought.

KathYohneke

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 28, 2022, 04:42:23 AM

I'm kind of hoping that we get an expose on those documents Dan is studying, because it's clearly troubling him.  I'm not sure if Dan is fully aware of the visual similarity between his father and Abel's father since he's only been told about Aniz verbally, but seeing Edward with the Siar clan mark next to him and text talking about 'Cubi parentage is a little disturbing.
In-universe, some people assume they are the same person and some think they've cleared Edward of being Aniz.  So this might be paperwork from those investigations, but it also looks like some kind of official report, perhaps from Zinvth (who want to make sure Aniz really is dead)?
That said, Dan's interview with Taun ended wtih her telling Dan that she knew where Edward is being held, so this might be related to that too.

I honestly doupt a theory of Edward being Aniz has any possibility. I mean, I think Destania would be able to tell. and she absolutely HATES Aniz due to what happened. I think Aniz cubi mark is there mainly because of how Alexsi's mom died taking him out iirc?

Tapewolf

Quote from: KathYohneke on March 28, 2022, 03:05:29 PM
I honestly doupt a theory of Edward being Aniz has any possibility. I mean, I think Destania would be able to tell. and she absolutely HATES Aniz due to what happened. I think Aniz cubi mark is there mainly because of how Alexsi's mom died taking him out iirc?

Given Destania's rant about Aniz on page 1371 that is indeed most likely the case.  However it can't be overlooked that on page 1437 Piflak believed that Destania and Aniz had settled their differences, so even the high and mighty considered that to be a possibility.

Glenn Griffon

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 28, 2022, 04:42:23 AMThat said, Dan's interview with Taun ended wtih her telling Dan that she knew where Edward is being held, so this might be related to that too.
Can I get a link to this cause I don't remember that at all.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Glenn Griffon on March 28, 2022, 03:34:19 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on March 28, 2022, 04:42:23 AMThat said, Dan's interview with Taun ended wtih her telling Dan that she knew where Edward is being held, so this might be related to that too.
Can I get a link to this cause I don't remember that at all.

http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_1716.php

Tuyu

The glow in the dark objects must be so happy that they haven't been forgotten! I feel pretty sure keeping them dark is a big part of Dan's reasons for the 'ambiance'. :D

Turnsky

i dunno, if Mink's the type i think they are, the place is probably festooned with glow in the dark stickers.  Mebs would have to put all of those in. :B

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Tuyu

Quote from: Turnsky on April 03, 2022, 09:58:44 AM

i dunno, if Mink's the type i think they are, the place is probably festooned with glow in the dark stickers.  Mebs would have to put all of those in. :B
Don't you recall Dan's first night at SAIA?

http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_1275.php

ProfesseurRenard

Quote from: Tuyu on April 09, 2022, 03:44:52 AM
Quote from: Turnsky on April 03, 2022, 09:58:44 AM

Don't you recall Dan's first night at SAIA?

http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_1275.php

Heh, yeah I'd be creeped out too in Dan's position.