2022/01/24 [Xer Chapter 5] The VERY "Friendly" Benefactor

Started by techmaster-glitch, February 14, 2022, 07:18:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

techmaster-glitch

(date for the topic is the day for the first page of chapter 5 going up, even though the chapter 3 topic has chatter throughout all chapter 4 and the first few pages of chapter 5. Figured it was okay to start the new topic for this, with Tape mentioning that in the other thread?)

So, -this- remark is coming on page 4 of chapter 5, on 2022/02/14:

My my MY! It is quite interesting to see the robot getting so flustered! :giggle And it seems like he actually might have been interested in the offer, but dang, he left his "equipment" at home...literally!  xD Poor guy!

It also doesn't surprise me in the slightest that the first thing Daryil thinks of is banging the robot. Because of course he would jump at the opportunity to experience something that novel. :P

ProfesseurRenard

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on February 14, 2022, 07:18:33 PM
It also doesn't surprise me in the slightest that the first thing Daryil thinks of is banging the robot. Because of course he would jump at the opportunity to experience something that novel. :P

Well, he does have the fox androids, but Xer's a bit more exotic~.

techmaster-glitch

Page 5, 2022/02/21:

Well now, THAT actually IS a surprise. Daryil got distracted from getting some tail? :O Impossible!  :mowtongue

But in all seriousness, yeah, it seems Synths are designed to mimic organics in -many- ways, not just physically but also in how their brains work. Would Xerian actually have technical data on the stardrive his civilization uses? Or would he only be able to explain the basic theory? I guess we will have to wait and find out...

Tapewolf

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on February 21, 2022, 12:18:01 AM
But in all seriousness, yeah, it seems Synths are designed to mimic organics in -many- ways, not just physically but also in how their brains work.

Canonically (and being a very open species, that is a little flexible) Synths are built small and raised alongside organic children, so they have similar childhood experiences and development to an organic.  So the nurture part will be vary similar, and I would assume that after over 1500 years of development the design would have evolved to more and more closely mimic the way organics think to help them fit into society more and more tightly.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Raskahn

Merlin

techmaster-glitch

Page 6, 2022/02/28:

Discussions on the feasibility and economics of interstellar travel surrounding the details of whatever a fiction's specific form of FTL is are always fascinating ^.^

Xerian's worries aren't entirely unfounded, but yeah, as Daryil points out, they DO have it already, but it is only available to the most magically powerful. Never a good state of affairs!

Raskahn

Page 8, 2022/03/14:

Ok, the wires and lights in that bed are suspicious.
They totally made Xer a custom bedframe.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Raskahn on March 14, 2022, 05:03:07 PM
Page 8, 2022/03/14:

Ok, the wires and lights in that bed are suspicious.
They totally made Xer a custom bedframe.

Quite.

"They recharge on a daily basis, typically while sleeping or resting in bed.  Wireless inductive charging hardware is typically installed in beds, chairs and around public areas."  (Fact sheet 3)
https://synthspecies.com/wiki/Fact_sheet

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

techmaster-glitch

Page 10, 2022/03/28:

Final page of the chapter. Xerian considering the latex...I wonder where his conclusions with that would have gone, if not for SUDDEN SPOOKYHAND! :mowninja Yeah that's Daryil screwing around again. xD I wonder what is next for Xerian! And if he's going to be able to take his own initiative on...anything. He is in a pretty tight situation with not a lot he can do on his own, unfortunately.