2021-12-06 [DMFA #2062] She's a hamster

Started by Merlin, December 06, 2021, 02:17:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merlin

Sprocketsdance

Yaaaas those CHEEKS!

Also, woot, someone else has gotten to witness this rarity. >:3 All of this pleases me.

Russec

> she's a hamster

Awww- I mean, cute!

But now I really wanna see a Chinchilla in Amber's style eeeeeeeee

I really need to eat my words on DP. He handled the situation very... empathetically. Wow.

e_voyager

So he wrote Into the treaty the right to yeet
people across the lake to basically get them out of his face. As long as they survive he's golden like doctor McNinja calling base  when he gets to his office after a job
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Carmeops

Quote from: e_voyager on December 06, 2021, 11:11:37 AMSo he wrote Into the treaty the right to yeet people across the lake to basically get them out of his face.
As long as they survive he's golden like doctor McNinja calling base  when he gets to his office after a job

However, she is already dead, would the treaty work in his favor in this case? technically she wouldn't survive the toss, since it wouldn't bring her back to life

Tapewolf

I like the idea that they may have a treaty specifically with Dark Pegasus rather than with his realm.

Quote from: Carmeops on December 06, 2021, 02:36:44 PM
However, she is already dead, would the treaty work in his favor in this case? technically she wouldn't survive the toss, since it wouldn't bring her back to life

I'm not sure she is dead.  Her eyes are weird, but not too different to Regina's.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

GreenReaper

Either way, she and DP would make a cute couple.

Glenn Griffon

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 06, 2021, 03:15:10 PM

I'm not sure she is dead.  Her eyes are weird, but not too different to Regina's.

Yeah the undead typically have black sclera and gold irises. I think DP just knows her and doesn't like her. The line "I could say the same of you" DP said when he first saw her in town hints that two have some kind of history. I thought undead at first too but she hasn't got the eyes.

Also, am i the only one who noticed that DP's wings moved in closer to Regina? Almost like he's guarding/protecting her.

Hariman

Heh.  I'm only a little surprised that Aliph has a treaty with this town.  He IS the type to make sure his home is secure and that he won't be accosted when going out for groceries.

One wonders if there's a betting pool on who gets thrown across the lake, where exactly they land, and how far they get thrown.

Quote from: Glenn Griffon on December 06, 2021, 03:45:39 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on December 06, 2021, 03:15:10 PM

Yeah the undead typically have black sclera and gold irises. I think DP just knows her and doesn't like her. The line "I could say the same of you" DP said when he first saw her in town hints that two have some kind of history. I thought undead at first too but she hasn't got the eyes.

Also, am i the only one who noticed that DP's wings moved in closer to Regina? Almost like he's guarding/protecting her.

She's an adventurer, and while Aliph can handle himself, Regina would be vulnerable if she were attacked.

Granted, that attack is unlikely given that the adventurer is familiar with Aliph, but he's the type who has three of something useful, because "Two is one, one is none.".
Am I the only person who thinks that Mr. Roboto rusts out and eventually becomes the Ironman?

No not that Ironman, the other one!

ProfesseurRenard

Quote from: GreenReaper on December 06, 2021, 03:26:27 PM
Either way, she and DP would make a cute couple.

A 'Dating Catwoman' scenario, eh? Curious how that would work with DP's prickly demeanor.

Tuyu

So far, I like that treaty.

Although, how much of a threat is it, really, when the person you're throwing is a bat?

Glenn Griffon

Quote from: Tuyu on December 07, 2021, 02:36:16 AM

Although, how much of a threat is it, really, when the person you're throwing is a bat?
Depends on how he throws her. If it's head first she can just put her wings out and glide. It'd be like throwing a living paper airplane.

If he throws her feet first things would be interesting.

Hariman

Quote from: Glenn Griffon on December 07, 2021, 04:43:40 AM

Depends on how he throws her. If it's head first she can just put her wings out and glide. It'd be like throwing a living paper airplane.

Feet first would probably mean she'd tuck and roll to be face first.

Now putting a flat spin on her and aiming for the "in case of yeeting" crash mat would be another thing.

Am I the only person who thinks that Mr. Roboto rusts out and eventually becomes the Ironman?

ProfesseurRenard

Quote from: Hariman on December 07, 2021, 03:32:47 PM

Now putting a flat spin on her and aiming for the "in case of yeeting" crash mat would be another thing.

This assumes that there is an "in case of yeeting" crash mat.

Glenn Griffon

Quote from: ProfesseurRenard on December 07, 2021, 04:39:39 PM

Why wouldn't you put a yeet mat down in case of yeeting when you live in a town that has a treaty with a yeet clause that has already been used at least once already?

...yeet

Nightmask

I really love the dialogue, definitely great writing and the interplay between Aliph and the bat is just perfect.  They really do come off as frenemies listening to them talking to each other.

Hariman

Quote from: Glenn Griffon on December 07, 2021, 07:31:48 PM
Quote from: ProfesseurRenard on December 07, 2021, 04:39:39 PM

Why wouldn't you put a yeet mat down in case of yeeting when you live in a town that has a treaty with a yeet clause that has already been used at least once already?

...yeet

No crash mat would mean that Aliph would need to work harder to lake toss without killing.

Also... nothing says that Aliph has to aim for the "in case of yeeting" crash pad. ;D

Akisohida

Welcome to the new game show: Will They Yeet!?

In this gameshow, powerful beings (I always forget which is designated 'beings') pick adventurers to use as missiles.
Said adventurers are thrown across a lake, with points given for how far they fly, and how close to the crash-mat they land!
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

ProfesseurRenard

Quote from: Akisohida on December 12, 2021, 04:39:58 PM
Welcome to the new game show: Will They Yeet!?

In this gameshow, powerful beings (I always forget which is designated 'beings') pick adventurers to use as missiles.
Said adventurers are thrown across a lake, with points given for how far they fly, and how close to the crash-mat they land!

Our first contestant: Aaaaaaaaliph Sooooouuuuulstealer!
Aliph, alias 'the Dark Pegasus', resides in the Forbidden Lands at what he calls "the Fortress of Doom". Despite several brushes with death at the hands of Daniel Ti'fiona, Adventurer (ret.), he always comes back for more!
Welcome to the show, Mr Soulstealer! On this podium is a selection of adventurers who have volunteered to be tossed across the lake. Which one do you wish to Yeet?

"I choose... Vertina Chauv'souri." (I don't know the green-eyed bat lady's name. Please don't hit me, Amber.)

Drakkenmensch

Quote from: ProfesseurRenard on December 12, 2021, 07:05:47 PM
"I choose... Vertina Chauv'souri."

I appreciate that you chose as a last name a phonetic spelling of the french word for bat.

ProfesseurRenard

Quote from: Drakkenmensch on December 20, 2021, 12:06:12 AM
Quote from: ProfesseurRenard on December 12, 2021, 07:05:47 PM
"I choose... Vertina Chauv'souri."

I appreciate that you chose as a last name a phonetic spelling of the french word for bat.

Best I could come up with on short notice. Also, 'Vertina' was the closest name I could find to vert, French for green, on account of the bat adventuress's eyes.