2021-10-26 [DMFA #2058] Keeping the peace

Started by Tapewolf, October 26, 2021, 04:25:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

This sounds like a sensible approach.  You're more likely to live to an old age by using a minimum necessary force approach, than by trying to kill everyone you don't like.  You will inevitably bite off more than you can chew that way.  Also, tolerating Demons means more income for the town, since folks like Dark Pegasus tend to be on the wealthy side of things.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Carmeops

"it's about perserving a community"

even when i write it here, the autocorrect signal the error ;) it's "preserving"

unrelated to persevering or on food packaging per serving

JamesCray

Quote from: Carmeops on October 26, 2021, 08:43:15 PM
unrelated to persevering or on food packaging per serving

I mean, they do have to keep persevering at preserving propriety as well as peace otherwise the perception of persecution may drive a perturbed demon to ponder the population's calories per-serving.

More seriously, as a Chicagoland native, I have to observe that many ACTUAL law enforcement agencies could take some lessons from her. Fear and force may work short term, but real peace is only achievable when people feel like they're being treated with fairness and respect.
I wish the real world would just stop hassling me.
"I work in Fringe Division. Weird is a matter of degrees."

Prroul

"We don't count our victories in battles won or demons slain, we count it in days without incident."

Words to live by, especially in a world like this. The goal isn't to be a badass, that's actually contradictory to the goal. The goal is to keep people safe. Insulting a known powerful demon into retaliation is not going to help with this.

As the bat person said, they know Aliph, he's stogy but he's a demon of his word. If he says he won't go on a rampage, and takes personal responsibility for his 'plus one', then fine. That's been his track record so far. If he breaks that record, then you intervene. But not rocking that boat has much better odds of no incident than getting up in his face. Besides, there's other ways of figuring out who this other demon is. And you can casually drop him a line afterwards.

"I don't mind if you bring your niece around. She behaved herself last time, I have no reason to doubt she can continue behaving herself. I also know what happened last time she got out of control. Neither of us want that to happen here. I'm putting a lot of trust in you to keep that from happening, just like I'm putting a lot of trust in her in giving her the benefit of the doubt. Please don't make me regret that decision."

One of those 'I know, you know, we both have the same goal here, let's not rock the boat, eh' sort of moments. It's polite, but also to the point. As sort of 'friendly warning'.

e_voyager

A safe peaceful land is much better then a land that only appears to be safe or appears to be peaceful. It's a much better situation when being they and demons are all respectful of each other and no one out there too bashful to the death in the streets every other day
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Russec

I'm just getting hung up on how someone manages to go about the job of adventuring with essentially a single opposable finger on each hand.  :erk

Tuyu

Probably as a scout/lookout type, with some magic to back it up. Plus, her conversation with Aliph suggests she has died at least once.

e_voyager

Or at least come close enough to death to be mistaken for dead
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Tuyu

Quote from: e_voyager on November 02, 2021, 08:12:11 PM
Or at least come close enough to death to be mistaken for dead
Given the appearance of her eyes, I'm going with "actually died and was brought back".