2021/09/15 to ? [ Emily:Chapter 3]

Started by MT Hazard, September 15, 2021, 08:02:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MT Hazard

Chapter 3, page 1

A certain spotty fellow is looking more and more suspicious, uncontrollable aggression, jumping to conclusions and  apparently a cheapskate when it comes to sword buying as well, unless Emily is just that strong.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Tapewolf

Quote from: MT Hazard on September 15, 2021, 08:02:11 AM
A certain spotty fellow is looking more and more suspicious, uncontrollable aggression, jumping to conclusions and  apparently a cheapskate when it comes to sword buying as well, unless Emily is just that strong.

Emily's still got his katana, this one's looted from the bandits.  But she is also very strong too.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Raskahn

Quote from: MT Hazard on September 15, 2021, 08:02:11 AM
Chapter 1, page 1

Well at least he's being (hah) consistent in annoying the invincible, magic wielding, crazy strong creature.

Raskahn

New comic: 22-09-2021

http://project-future.xepher.net/emily.php?strip=03-02

She might be a demon but she has the patience of a saint.

MT Hazard

Yep, the demon they persist in trying to blame for everything continues to be the voice of restraint. As long as one of them doesn't say "She can't take all of us!" because I get the feeling she could.

MT Hazard

New comic: 03-03

I know Emily is a demon and difficult to hurt, but a helmet and some tail armour would be a good idea.

Tapewolf

Quote from: MT Hazard on September 30, 2021, 06:40:01 PM
New comic: 03-03

I know Emily is a demon and difficult to hurt, but a helmet and some tail armour would be a good idea.

Something I might have to look into in future.  Way back when, the Fox Guards had tail armour, but it was difficult getting people to remember to draw it.  I do actually like it when characters wear helmets, but at the same time I can see why people tend not to draw them (especially for motorcycles etc) because it makes it harder to identify the characters.

MT Hazard

One way I've seen to deal with that is to have invisible helmets, they are wearing helmets, but you show them as semi transparent when you need to show expressions or identity the character, but make it clear that the helmets  are actually opaque normally. Or something like they do with iron man, show a close up of his face and heads up display to show expression. The third option is a helmet that can open to reveal the face by mental command, examples include iron man again and several dead space games. Collapsible Helmet on TV tropes has plenty of examples of that last one.

Edit: Another idea I just thoughthought of is force feild helmets,  give the characters some kind of headgear that projects the feild and only have the feild show up when impacted by something.

MT Hazard

New comic (03-04) Off screen bandit deaths

Looks like Emily is doing fine on her own, but what about the others?

MT Hazard

MT Hazard

New comic (03-06) Talk it out 

The bandit started out afraid, now I imagine he feels afraid and a bit awkward as well.

MT Hazard

new strip (03-07) Measure seven times, cut once

I imagine a significant chunk of Emily's co-workers are just in it for the legalised killing.

ProfesseurRenard

Quote from: MT Hazard on November 02, 2021, 06:13:24 PM
new strip (03-07) Measure seven times, cut once

I imagine a significant chunk of Emily's co-workers are just in it for the legalised killing.

The job does seem to attract that sort of person...

Raskahn

Ah yes, theft. A petty crime. Well unless it concerns government money. Vice versa it's called taxation I believe...

Abel-needs-a-hug

Every time Samson and Evans open their mouths, all I can read in their speech bubbles is "Blood for the Blood God!"

Tapewolf

Quote from: Abel-needs-a-hug on December 13, 2021, 03:16:13 AM
Every time Samson and Evans open their mouths, all I can read in their speech bubbles is "Blood for the Blood God!"

When your only tool is a hammer...

MT Hazard

strip 03-12

"Are we the baddies? Or working for the baddies?"

Raskahn

"Don't you know who I am? I'm the Thane!"

Aaah many nefarious deeds in Skyrim that went unpunished simply because class justice is the best justice :3

Tapewolf

Quote from: Raskahn on December 15, 2021, 04:47:25 PM

Aaah many nefarious deeds in Skyrim that went unpunished simply because class justice is the best justice :3

I think you only get to do that once per hold.   Of course, the best bit was when I pleaded that I was the Thane (albeit the wayward one with the bad habit of beheading Thalmor agents).  For my pains I was then immediately re-arrested and ordered to pay a fine of 0 gold coins.
(See: https://it-he.org/skyrim/0gold.jpg )

ProfesseurRenard

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 15, 2021, 05:24:35 PM
Quote from: Raskahn on December 15, 2021, 04:47:25 PM

I think you only get to do that once per hold.   Of course, the best bit was when I pleaded that I was the Thane (albeit the wayward one with the bad habit of beheading Thalmor agents).  For my pains I was then immediately re-arrested and ordered to pay a fine of 0 gold coins.
(See: https://it-he.org/skyrim/0gold.jpg )

What sort of fine is that?!

Tapewolf

Quote from: ProfesseurRenard on December 15, 2021, 06:10:59 PM
What sort of fine is that?!

Whatever it was, it was infinitely higher priority than the defence of a city surrounded by siege engines, being ordered to surrender.
(Full story is here: https://it-he.org/skyrim2.php )

Anyway, the Thane in Emily is actually more a nod to Macbeth than Skyrim, (though Skyrim absolutely influenced Heads You Lose)