2021/08/02 [Xer 02-09 ] On the need for magic shielding

Started by MT Hazard, August 02, 2021, 06:03:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MT Hazard

If you are starting with news about brain damage, there better be some good news coming Jakob.

Can magic be shielded against in this world, like radiation?

Got me thinking of the 'Black rock' from the game 'Control'

Wondering if there is much point in making a topic for this, given recent response levels. 

Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Tapewolf

Quote from: MT Hazard on August 02, 2021, 06:03:19 AM
If you are starting with news about brain damage, there better be some good news coming Jakob.

It's definitely news.  Whether it's good or bad...

Can magic be shielded against in this world, like radiation?
Yes.  Amber once said that in DMFA canon Jakob has a workshop in SAIA that's shielded for maintaining magic-sensitive devices.

Got me thinking of the 'Black rock' from the game 'Control'
Not sure about that one, but Blackrock in Ultima VII (1992) certainly tended to block magic.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

MT Hazard

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 02, 2021, 06:21:45 AM
Not sure about that one, but Blackrock in Ultima VII (1992) certainly tended to block magic.

One probably inspired the other, Control being released in 2019. In Control black rock is mined from another dimension and is described as 'Paranatural lead'
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: MT Hazard on August 02, 2021, 06:03:19 AM
Wondering if there is much point in making a topic for this, given recent response levels.
I've still been keeping up with Xerian myself! I actually just haven't made any replies cuz I've had a lot of IRL head problems lately, so I've been getting very little done in general, couldn't muster up the energy to actually get here and say any of the thoughts that I've been having on Xerian so far. Will try to later though.