2021-06-16 [DMFA #2044] - Aliph Ain't Looking to Run TMZ

Started by killpurakat, June 16, 2021, 08:22:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

killpurakat

I can just imagine Aliph as the worst gossip host ever.
And it is making me smile and cackle!  :mwaha

Seriously, though, I feel for Kria. I hate being left out of the loop, especially if that could be info I need to know. But I'm also excited to know exactly what Aliph intends to do with that info. He's been super supportive of Regina looking beyond demonic expectations to find herself.

(P.S. Glad you got the first vaccine shot, Amber! Also, both shots hit me hard to because I have a more-active-than-normal immune system. Hope you feel better soon!)

Cassi-kun

I have to admit, I'm a bit surprised Aliph didn't ask Kria for insight. He's clearly out of his element, and Kria has a daughter Regina's age.
Got a deviantArt account? Go join DMFAclub!

ProfesseurRenard

Quote from: Cassi-kun on June 16, 2021, 10:51:20 PM
I have to admit, I'm a bit surprised Aliph didn't ask Kria for insight. He's clearly out of his element, and Kria has a daughter Regina's age.

You mean that he didn't ask her insight sooner.

killpurakat

So, in Aliph's defense, he has--at most--spent several weeks with Regina and witnessed her growing both as a person and in worldly and species awareness, questioning what she thought were "truths," getting a job she likes, and handling living her life rather well. Kria, on the other hand, had her for what seems to be years and, while Kria did discover Regina's lack of demonic ambition, does not seem to have done anything positive for Regina's self growth. Instead, Kria gave her tasks to keep her busy and a place that was safe to stay at, but just let her be.

Kria herself has shown that she also isn't necessarily a good mother some of the time (refusing still to think that Lorenda has a point and that Beings are worthy of respect whether they are strong or not, as well as thinking that trying to sleep with her daughter's boyfriend was acceptable), and I have to wonder if this lack of being able to analyze someone and see what THEY need as opposed to what YOU THINK is good for them didn't stunt Regina's emotional development some.

I think Aliph is trying his best to come to an acceptable solution that takes Regina's feelings and talents into account, and that he can see the world has failed in that regard so is taking the helm and doing it himself. In which case, Kria is an excellent source of standard information and that's it.

TheAuldGrump

It's like watching Dr. Doom trying to be a responsible parent....

And mostly succeeding.

Mostly.

The Auld Grump

Nightmask

So Regina's like Rom on Star Trek: DS9 or his son, totally inept at what her species defines itself around and uses as a measure of success and instead is completely skilled in an area that would be treated with contempt or derision by them instead.  She has to define herself by herself instead of by how her species wants to define her.

Radagast

If this is how their conversations usually go, I'm surprised that Kria led with a yes/no instead of a "tell me what happened". 
Hand me my snorkel!  I'm diving back into the archives!

Kuzma Volkov

I kinda wonder what the ringtone to a crystal ball sounds like? It being magic based I guess ringback tones would actually sound good.